PDA

View Full Version : If anyone hasn't been, Whitby

Mo Britain less Europe
09-08-2016, 08:22 AM
is rather an interesting little town. Some of the best fish and chips in recorded history.

Luis Anaconda
09-08-2016, 08:41 AM
is rather an interesting little town. Some of the best fish and chips in recorded history.

Absolutely Mo. No wonder Dracula decided to land there

Sir C
09-08-2016, 08:48 AM

I've never been, m, although I did once display and singular lack of judgement with a chick from Robin Hood's Bay.

Burney
09-08-2016, 08:52 AM
I've never been, m, although I did once display and singular lack of judgement with a chick from Robin Hood's Bay.

Did you introduce her to Little John?

Luis Anaconda
09-08-2016, 08:56 AM
:clap: :clap:
but I hope no clap

Sir C
09-08-2016, 08:56 AM

The whole incident was most regrettable. Most regrettable.

Have you had a look at the 'Six Weeks' book? I'm awfully keen that you do.

Apologies for stalling on dates, btw. We've been expecting the arrival of the first spawn of V's brother, (which is now significantly overdue) which will trigger a great deal of travel between here, Oxon, and the south coast, so we're just waiting for this to resolve itself.

Burney
09-08-2016, 09:46 AM
:clap: :clap:
but I hope no clap

No. That would have made his Will Scarlet, presumably.

Burney
09-08-2016, 09:47 AM
The whole incident was most regrettable. Most regrettable.

Have you had a look at the 'Six Weeks' book? I'm awfully keen that you do.

Apologies for stalling on dates, btw. We've been expecting the arrival of the first spawn of V's brother, (which is now significantly overdue) which will trigger a great deal of travel between here, Oxon, and the south coast, so we're just waiting for this to resolve itself.

Haven't yet. Been in Hamburg all week, but I shall.

Nae bother. Let us know when you're good and ready.

Luis Anaconda
09-08-2016, 09:56 AM
No. That would have made his Will Scarlet, presumably.

It would have ruled out a further Friar Tuck anyway

Mo Britain less Europe
09-08-2016, 01:54 PM
Don't want to bother anyone but this WAS a Whitby thread.

dismalswamp
09-08-2016, 10:16 PM
I used to love going to Whitby - the Magpie was the sit down chippie of choice. Not been since splitting with the ex, the ****ing slag ****.

Luis Anaconda
09-09-2016, 08:31 AM
I used to love going to Whitby - the Magpie was the sit down chippie of choice. Not been since splitting with the ex, the ****ing slag ****.

Glad to see you are getting over it all, ds

SWv2
09-09-2016, 08:45 AM

If you choose to sit down in a chippie I am not surprised your Mrs left you.

Sir C
09-09-2016, 08:50 AM
If you choose to sit down in a chippie I am not surprised your Mrs left you.

I have done this quite recently, sw. In Morecombe, which is a town on the coast in the north of our great island nation. Large cod and chips, two slices of bread and butter, and a pot of tea, all for £7.25. (Or in your money, 2 euros.)

It was lovely until a carer walked in with her charge, a very very dribbly chap. Poor fellow, the noises and the spittle quite put me off my chips.

Burney
09-09-2016, 08:54 AM
I have done this quite recently, sw. In Morecombe, which is a town on the coast in the north of our great island nation. Large cod and chips, two slices of bread and butter, and a pot of tea, all for £7.25. (Or in your money, 2 euros.)

It was lovely until a carer walked in with her charge, a very very dribbly chap. Poor fellow, the noises and the spittle quite put me off my chips.

You've just threadjacked by talking about anything other than Whitby.

Mo is disappoint. :-(

SWv2
09-09-2016, 08:57 AM

I put it to you that the experience you enjoyed was in fact a cafe, not a chippy.

Did you stand awaiting your order, leaning on the shiny silver / chrome thing and then answer the direct question of "salt & vineger?".

No, you probably put it on yourself as the food was served to you on a plate.

In a cafe.

Not a chippy.

The only time a person should be sitting down in a chippy is about 1:30am when quite simply one is too drunk to stand.

Luis Anaconda
09-09-2016, 09:00 AM
You've just threadjacked by talking about anything other than Whitby.

Mo is disappoint. :-(
I used to have a PE teacher called Mr Whitby - can I talk about him? Needless to say he was a massive massive weirdo

Sir C
09-09-2016, 09:04 AM
I put it to you that the experience you enjoyed was in fact a cafe, not a chippy.

Did you stand awaiting your order, leaning on the shiny silver / chrome thing and then answer the direct question of "salt & vineger?".

No, you probably put it on yourself as the food was served to you on a plate.

In a cafe.

Not a chippy.

The only time a person should be sitting down in a chippy is about 1:30am when quite simply one is too drunk to stand.

Hmm. I take your point, and the room was, indeed, reminiscent of a café, or perhaps even restaurant, with tablecloths and cruet sets and serviettes, but the food was cooked and delivered from the adjacent shiny silver / chrome thing which was undeniably a chippy.

Luis Anaconda
09-09-2016, 09:09 AM
Hmm. I take your point, and the room was, indeed, reminiscent of a café, or perhaps even restaurant, with tablecloths and cruet sets and serviettes, but the food was cooked and delivered from the adjacent shiny silver / chrome thing which was undeniably a chippy.

Chippy - (of a person) touchy and defensive, especially on account of having a grievance or a sense of inferiority.

I think we can safely say SW should be an expert in this matter

Sir C
09-09-2016, 09:13 AM
Chippy - (of a person) touchy and defensive, especially on account of having a grievance or a sense of inferiority.

:-( You'll set him right off now, la. You know how he gets.

SWv2
09-09-2016, 09:18 AM

Shame on you.

*******ly small image.

Luis Anaconda
09-09-2016, 09:20 AM
Shame on you.

*******ly small image.
He was on top form the other night after the Serbia match. Really looked like he wanted to hit Dunphy. Love the fact that he sits as far away from him as he can

Mo Britain less Europe
09-09-2016, 10:22 PM
Whitby, eh? What a limited topic for a thread. Fish and chips, Dracula and the Synod - and that's about all there is to the place. And yet isn't it amazing that such an unpromising premise should have led to three pages of lively discussion? wd AWIMB