PDA

View Full Version : Kell Brook vs Triple G

Tony C
09-05-2016, 02:51 PM
Props to him for manning up big time to fight TripleG.

On a fight level there's a certain degree of romance attached to accepting a challenge this daunting ie a David vs Goliath battle..you against an opponent who is phenomenally better and more dangerous than you.

Got excited when Froch said he was coming out of retirement to fight GGG because of the incredible fear factor with taking on someone like him but he pussied out of that...and quite rightly..He's a rich man enjoying the rest of his life...brain damage shouldn't be on the agenda no matter the amount of cash on offer.

Very pleased Kell is going to give a go...the interesting thing will be if he can can carry his speed up to the higher weight but GGG is just so dangerous...incredibly precise with his shots and he lands them with so much power that his TKO / KO ratios are off the charts.

I guess Kell will be hoping to use his speed to get away from danger and take this to the later rounds in case GGG gasses but really TripleG is so dangerous that one shot...any shot...could put Kell to sleep....can't see how Kell can avoid that.

Luis Anaconda
09-05-2016, 04:07 PM
Props to him for manning up big time to fight TripleG.

On a fight level there's a certain degree of romance attached to accepting a challenge this daunting ie a David vs Goliath battle..you against an opponent who is phenomenally better and more dangerous than you.

Got excited when Froch said he was coming out of retirement to fight GGG because of the incredible fear factor with taking on someone like him but he pussied out of that...and quite rightly..He's a rich man enjoying the rest of his life...brain damage shouldn't be on the agenda no matter the amount of cash on offer.

Very pleased Kell is going to give a go...the interesting thing will be if he can can carry his speed up to the higher weight but GGG is just so dangerous...incredibly precise with his shots and he lands them with so much power that his TKO / KO ratios are off the charts.

I guess Kell will be hoping to use his speed to get away from danger and take this to the later rounds in case GGG gasses but really TripleG is so dangerous that one shot...any shot...could put Kell to sleep....can't see how Kell can avoid that.

Foregone conclusion you reckon sir. Arsenal without a chance?

Yes I fear for Brook as well, but as you say at least he is taken him on. Too many tossers have avoided Golovkin in the past

Tony C
09-05-2016, 05:02 PM
I will watch this fight with great interest without having a bet.

No need to...just excited to see Kell take up the challenge that others are blatantly scared of taking.

For Kell's sake I hope the ref is pro active and stops things if it gets too savage....

As for the Arsenal....I'm waiting to see how good a price I get on the lads and how I can best execute the bet....I might go 60-40 with 60% on Arsenal to finish in the Top 4 and the remaining 40% on us to win.....or I might just say to hell with it and go 100% on the win but I will reserve the right to cash out if we're in the lead by January given our propensity to collapse.

That's the strategies I'm reviewing.

In my opinion....and it's just my opinion...that Mustafi signing was unbelievable...wow.

I was already quite pleased about Xhaka so to get another heavyweight signing it top class work from Arsene.

I'm not sure about Perez but let's face it...we only need him for the first half of the season to cover while Danny is recovering and Iwobi continues improving...there is a chance by February time we may not require him full time game in / game out. He does remind me of Eduardo with a little more pace and fizz about him..and our past Championship wins have been littered with unsong contributions from unknown types...like Christopher Wreh who stole 6 points for us vs Bolton and Wimbledon before winning us a FA cup semi final...so who knows...I'm not expecting much from him but he doesn't need to provide much to have an major impact and he's capable of that.

My main feeling with the League is that if we can keep the following players fit then we will almost certainly be in line to win it:

Cech in goal, Mustafi and Kos at the back, Xhaka and Santi in from of them in midfield and Alexis and Ozil in from of those two.

IF THESE PLAYERS CAN PLAY TOGETHER FOR ABOUT 28-30 of the remaining games then I think we'll go close...32+ games then we will almost certainly win it.

Those 7 players hold the key...if they play we will win....that's what I'm excited about...Mustafi is outstanding and team will no longer to pinch cheap goals vs us like they do with Per or bully Gabriel....Mustafi and Kos will be awesome.

Xhaka is brilliant and I love the idea of Santi playing alongside him...people forget he made his name playing at the base of a diamond so a deeper role is not beyond him but really his bread and butter. Plus he's more disinclined than Ramsey who gets out of position to much when he attacks and Coquelin who can lose his cool too often.

Alexis and Ozil speak for themselves.

So that's my thoughts on us...quality signings from Arsene and I think we've got more of chance than people give us credit for...

As for the other teams...

United - yes they've got Pogba and Ibrahamivoic but it's the same stupid back four from last few season...Jose is a great manager defensively but even this will be tough for them.

Liverpool will always be Liverpool so not expecting a major challenge from them...it's not in their current DNA....Klopp still needs more time.

Spurs - I think they burnt themselves out last season and it looks to me that some of their players are still jaded from that. Ponchentinno is brutal on the training ground so I can't see them last out another 38 games.

Leicester - can't see them having the same luck this season...lets hope they qualify out of the CL group stages because the extra games will wear them out.

City....main threats but I'm not scared of them...Pep is a great manager...fine pedigree but I think he's won a lot less than he should have....Barca and Bayern should've both had more Champions Leagues to their names than he was able to provide...just my opinion but don't think he's the holy grail people speak of so he could be vulnerable in his first season of Premiership football.

Now is the time for Arsenal...we have the right players, a huge squad deep in talent and a fired up manager going for his last League win before he retires and I think we will go very close this year...worth of bet at the double figured prices on offer...with a cheeky saver us to make the top 4 :))

Pat Vegas
09-05-2016, 05:10 PM
I will watch this fight with great interest without having a bet.

No need to...just excited to see Kell take up the challenge that others are blatantly scared of taking.

For Kell's sake I hope the ref is pro active and stops things if it gets too savage....

As for the Arsenal....I'm waiting to see how good a price I get on the lads and how I can best execute the bet....I might go 60-40 with 60% on Arsenal to finish in the Top 4 and the remaining 40% on us to win.....or I might just say to hell with it and go 100% on the win but I will reserve the right to cash out if we're in the lead by January given our propensity to collapse.

That's the strategies I'm reviewing.

In my opinion....and it's just my opinion...that Mustafi signing was unbelievable...wow.

I was already quite pleased about Xhaka so to get another heavyweight signing it top class work from Arsene.

I'm not sure about Perez but let's face it...we only need him for the first half of the season to cover while Danny is recovering and Iwobi continues improving...there is a chance by February time we may not require him full time game in / game out. He does remind me of Eduardo with a little more pace and fizz about him..and our past Championship wins have been littered with unsong contributions from unknown types...like Christopher Wreh who stole 6 points for us vs Bolton and Wimbledon before winning us a FA cup semi final...so who knows...I'm not expecting much from him but he doesn't need to provide much to have an major impact and he's capable of that.

My main feeling with the League is that if we can keep the following players fit then we will almost certainly be in line to win it:

Cech in goal, Mustafi and Kos at the back, Xhaka and Santi in from of them in midfield and Alexis and Ozil in from of those two.

IF THESE PLAYERS CAN PLAY TOGETHER FOR ABOUT 28-30 of the remaining games then I think we'll go close...32+ games then we will almost certainly win it.

Those 7 players hold the key...if they play we will win....that's what I'm excited about...Mustafi is outstanding and team will no longer to pinch cheap goals vs us like they do with Per or bully Gabriel....Mustafi and Kos will be awesome.

Xhaka is brilliant and I love the idea of Santi playing alongside him...people forget he made his name playing at the base of a diamond so a deeper role is not beyond him but really his bread and butter. Plus he's more disinclined than Ramsey who gets out of position to much when he attacks and Coquelin who can lose his cool too often.

Alexis and Ozil speak for themselves.

So that's my thoughts on us...quality signings from Arsene and I think we've got more of chance than people give us credit for...

As for the other teams...

United - yes they've got Pogba and Ibrahamivoic but it's the same stupid back four from last few season...Jose is a great manager defensively but even this will be tough for them.

Liverpool will always be Liverpool so not expecting a major challenge from them...it's not in their current DNA....Klopp still needs more time.

Spurs - I think they burnt themselves out last season and it looks to me that some of their players are still jaded from that. Ponchentinno is brutal on the training ground so I can't see them last out another 38 games.

Leicester - can't see them having the same luck this season...lets hope they qualify out of the CL group stages because the extra games will wear them out.

City....main threats but I'm not scared of them...Pep is a great manager...fine pedigree but I think he's won a lot less than he should have....Barca and Bayern should've both had more Champions Leagues to their names than he was able to provide...just my opinion but don't think he's the holy grail people speak of so he could be vulnerable in his first season of Premiership football.

Now is the time for Arsenal...we have the right players, a huge squad deep in talent and a fired up manager going for his last League win before he retires and I think we will go very close this year...worth of bet at the double figured prices on offer...with a cheeky saver us to make the top 4 :))

I must say I thought this thread would be featuring tits.

Norn Iron
09-05-2016, 07:14 PM
Now would be the time to get on us T. Chelsea, City and Utd all have maximum points. We're already 5 points behind and the price has already drifted.