PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Telegraph article on the Perez signing

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-05-2016, 01:21 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/05/where-does-lucas-perez-fit-into-arsenal---is-arsene-wenger-tweak/

Hope it does work out like this.

Luis Anaconda
09-05-2016, 01:31 PM
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/09/05/where-does-lucas-perez-fit-into-arsenal---is-arsene-wenger-tweak/

Hope it does work out like this.
Well, the main tenet of the piece may be interesting, but is so poorly written as to make it almost unreadable. If it is serious piece on tactics, why does he feel the need to throw in what I can only assume he thinks are jokes, such as the Walcott offside thing or the Giroud halfway line "crack". It makes the article a two-toned mess, quite frankly, as if he doesn't have the confidence to write a fully serious article so tries to lighten the mood. If he can't hold the reader's attention with cleverer reasoned arguments and has to resort to cheap shots I would suggest he gets another hobby

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
09-05-2016, 01:44 PM
Well, the main tenet of the piece may be interesting, but is so poorly written as to make it almost unreadable. If it is serious piece on tactics, why does he feel the need to throw in what I can only assume he thinks are jokes, such as the Walcott offside thing or the Giroud halfway line "crack". It makes the article a two-toned mess, quite frankly, as if he doesn't have the confidence to write a fully serious article so tries to lighten the mood. If he can't hold the reader's attention with cleverer reasoned arguments and has to resort to cheap shots I would suggest he gets another hobby

I'm rather more interested in whether Perez can bang in the goals than if this journo can bang out articles, tbh.

And whether he intends to play Perez as an alternative to Olly, or as part of a front 3 with him and Alexis.

SWv2
09-05-2016, 01:54 PM

Maiow!!!!!

Pat Vegas
09-05-2016, 02:02 PM
Maiow!!!!!

:hehe: Always dangerous to say 'Interesting' on here when creating a new thread.
Asking for trouble.

PSRB
09-05-2016, 03:18 PM

The Telegraph sports journalism has gone so downhill, it really is terrible.....and don't get me started on their ****ing clickbait website

Luis Anaconda
09-05-2016, 03:59 PM
The Telegraph sports journalism has gone so downhill, it really is terrible.....and don't get me started on their ****ing clickbait website

When Jonathan Liew is one of their better writers, you know they are in trouble.

Mo Britain less Europe
09-05-2016, 10:05 PM
Certainly an interesting article. My main concern about Perez is there's only been one season in his career (and he's 27) where he had an interesting scoring record. But having said that he hasn't been playing in teams that create that many chances whilst our problem is finding someone who'll have a higher ratio of convering chances into goals. So it may work.

Vardy has hardly been a world-beater for most of his career either so maybe there's another parallel there.

Brentwood
09-06-2016, 01:59 PM

This is exactly what I was thinking as I read it