PDA

View Full Version : I bought some cigarettes from a sikh fellow yesterday. Probably in his thirties,

Sir C
09-05-2016, 09:57 AM
broad sarf-east London accent, fúck off turban, and something struck me: muslims, sikhs, hindus and other religiousists under the age of 60. What the fúck are you thinking? NONE OF IT IS REAL.

There. I may have just solved a number of the world's problems.

Burney
09-05-2016, 10:00 AM
broad sarf-east London accent, fúck off turban, and something struck me: muslims, sikhs, hindus and other religiousists under the age of 60. What the fúck are you thinking? NONE OF IT IS REAL.

Yeah, but at least he gets to wear a hat, never shave or get a haircut and occasionally carry a dagger. :shrug:

Us Christians get no such perks. :-(

Sir C
09-05-2016, 10:03 AM
Yeah, but at least he gets to wear a hat, never shave or get a haircut and occasionally carry a dagger. :shrug:

Us Christians get no such perks. :-(

But consider how many practising christians you know, certainly under 60. 1? 2? Because we got, y'know, education and reason. Now consider how many visible and outward displays of practising religion we see from those who adhere to the eastern faiths. What the fúck is wrong with these people?

Burney
09-05-2016, 10:10 AM
But consider how many practising christians you know, certainly under 60. 1? 2? Because we got, y'know, education and reason. Now consider how many visible and outward displays of practising religion we see from those who adhere to the eastern faiths. What the fúck is wrong with these people?

Dunno. Christmas, Easter, Pancake Day - all Christian festivals and holidays. Also, you get quite a few people with those fish things on the back of their car or who wear crosses. Our nature as a Christian country just makes these things less visible to us these days.
Mind you, just think how uncommon it is to see people wandering around on Ash Wednesday with a big dirty smear on their forehead these days. Freaked me right out the first time I saw that in Ireland.

Pat Vegas
09-05-2016, 10:14 AM

I miss the old school newsagents.
Dirty and dusty places, Crisps still in the big boxes, nuts on those things hanging up, indian/pakistani music playing in the background.

The shopkeep would have very weathered hands from all the coins.

now they are all ghastly and tacky looking. Big blue signs, people topping up their electric key, with dangerous looking turkish owner fellas, selling unpronounceable beers. Mountains of fruit and veg outside. Never close, Open even on Christmas day.

Luis Anaconda
09-05-2016, 10:16 AM
Dunno. Christmas, Easter, Pancake Day - all Christian festivals and holidays. Also, you get quite a few people with those fish things on the back of their car or who wear crosses. Our nature as a Christian country just makes these things less visible to us these days.
Mind you, just think how uncommon it is to see people wandering around on Ash Wednesday with a big dirty smear on their forehead these days. Freaked me right out the first time I saw that in Ireland.
Did you not have it done to you? One of the more interesting bits of being dragged to Mass all the time.

Christian holy days are great ********FREE TIME OFF******** as long as they don't fall on a weekend

Burney
09-05-2016, 10:18 AM
Did you not have it done to you? One of the more interesting bits of being dragged to Mass all the time.

Christian holy days are great ********FREE TIME OFF******** as long as they don't fall on a weekend

Nah. My folks were always pretty resistant to any Catholicisation of us.

Sir C
09-05-2016, 10:19 AM

I used to like the palm cross on Palm Sunday. What was that about, I wonder?

IUFG
09-05-2016, 10:22 AM
Indeed, it is not real.

Monty's mates, know this . . . I mean, how could this upset anywon?

http://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2016/09/195887/israel-hold-beer-festival-muslim-cemetery/

Burney
09-05-2016, 10:26 AM
Indeed, it is not real.

http://www.moroccoworldnews.com/2016/09/195887/israel-hold-beer-festival-muslim-cemetery/

To be fair, most Jews are two-pint screamers, so it should be fairly quiet event.

Sir C
09-05-2016, 10:29 AM
Indeed, it is not real.

To be fair, I think monty's from Finchley rather than Israel. It's hardly his fault.

IUFG
09-05-2016, 10:32 AM
he's pissing in the same pot as them innit

Viva Prat Vegas
09-05-2016, 11:03 AM
I hope he gets better