PDA

View Full Version : Well now

SWv2
09-02-2016, 12:40 PM
"Alonso is the only player in football history to have experienced the management of those considered as the great four modern European coaches: Benítez, José Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti and Pep Guardiola."

Well now.

Sir C
09-02-2016, 12:47 PM
"Alonso is the only player in football history to have experienced the management of those considered as the great four modern European coaches: Benítez, José Mourinho, Carlo Ancelotti and Pep Guardiola."

Well now.

As you can see this is a most pleasing list. Who would make your selection of the four great modern European coaches?

Luis Anaconda
09-02-2016, 12:50 PM

Well now.

I assume they consider Wenger British, like Ferguson and Allardyce

Ash
09-02-2016, 12:55 PM
I assume they consider Wenger British, like Ferguson and Allardyce

I expect they just consider him not great. Count the European Cups etc.

SWv2
09-02-2016, 12:59 PM
As you can see this is a most pleasing list. Who would make your selection of the four great modern European coaches?

Well how does one gauge success or award merit?

Is it a bigger task to deliver a Bundesliga or La Liga title in charge of a true European giant or to avoid relegation with a minnow in such leagues?

Depending on which logic one chooses to apply it is still stretching the boundaries of human kindness to have that fat wee Spanish chap in there. No?

Sir C
09-02-2016, 01:02 PM
Well how does one gauge success or award merit?

Is it a bigger task to deliver a Bundesliga or La Liga title in charge of a true European giant or to avoid relegation with a minnow in such leagues?

Depending on which logic one chooses to apply it is still stretching the boundaries of human kindness to have that fat wee Spanish chap in there. No?

It's jolly subjective, isn't it sw? So many of these questions are simply a matter of opinion. Isn't it simply marvellous that opinions differ? What isn't so great is that even stupid people have opinions. This distresses me.

Ash
09-02-2016, 01:07 PM

Getting that Liverpool side to win the European Cup could be considered an extraordinary achievement. Others would describe it as amazingly ****ing lucky.

SWv2
09-02-2016, 01:08 PM
It's jolly subjective, isn't it sw? So many of these questions are simply a matter of opinion. Isn't it simply marvellous that opinions differ? What isn't so great is that even stupid people have opinions. This distresses me.

I'll knock you out you Dutch ****.

Luis Anaconda
09-02-2016, 01:11 PM

We live in a world in which Hector Bellerin is not in the Spain squad - it is entirely ****ed up

Sir C
09-02-2016, 01:13 PM

Irish ****, please.

Ash
09-02-2016, 01:14 PM
We live in a world in which Hector Bellerin is not in the Spain squad - it is entirely ****ed up

A good thing for us, though.

SWv2
09-02-2016, 01:15 PM
Getting that Liverpool side to win the European Cup could be considered an extraordinary achievement. Others would describe it as amazingly ****ing lucky.

I was trying to think if he had ever won a title, think he did at Valencia.

Decent coach of course, works the merry go round of big club to big club with relative success, the odd cup success while never really suffering a tarnished reputation.

Poor old Arsene is really damaged by his lack of European success. The one very obvious blot on his managerial copybook.

Luis Anaconda
09-02-2016, 01:17 PM

At the moment yes, but a continued absence might make him think he needs to return to his homeland to gain international recognition on a regular basis. I sincerely hope not of course.

SWv2
09-02-2016, 01:20 PM

Indeed. I imagine him and Nacho are bantering with Luis at this moment.

Actually I think Nacho’s continued absence from the Spanish squad is arguably a bigger footballing anomaly than Hector’s. His form over the past 18 months has been nothing short of utterly brilliant.

Luis Anaconda
09-02-2016, 01:28 PM
Indeed. I imagine him and Nacho are bantering with Luis at this moment.

Actually I think Nacho’s continued absence from the Spanish squad is arguably a bigger footballing anomaly than Hector’s. His form over the past 18 months has been nothing short of utterly brilliant.
And Santiago - quite the Spanish contingent there. If only Mikel had stayed :(

SWv2
09-02-2016, 01:32 PM
And Santiago - quite the Spanish contingent there. If only Mikel had stayed :(

Forgot about him. How the **** could I forget him.

Xhaka, Santi, Ozil. That's footballing masturbation there.