PDA

View Full Version : Those of you who recommended I watch The Tunnel. I resisted your advice for ages.

Sir C
09-02-2016, 08:18 AM
Watched the first two last night. I love it.

wd everyone.

PSRB
09-02-2016, 08:20 AM

wd everyone.

I need to watch the 2nd series......in UHD :cloud9:

Watched The Martian and pretty much just marvelled at how lovely it all looks in 4K

Sir C
09-02-2016, 08:22 AM
I need to watch the 2nd series......in UHD :cloud9:

Watched The Martian and pretty much just marvelled at how lovely it all looks in 4K

Does it really make a big difference, p?

PSRB
09-02-2016, 08:26 AM
Does it really make a big difference, p?

Yes and it's hugely noticeable when you switch back to HD, it surprised me as I think since we went with Sky Q the HD picture has improved

I'm looking forward to trying it out when the proper footy returns next weekend

Sir C
09-02-2016, 08:28 AM
Yes and it's hugely noticeable when you switch back to HD, it surprised me as I think since we went with Sky Q the HD picture has improved

Hmm. I shall make some investigations.

Pokster
09-02-2016, 08:38 AM

This SKY Q thing, do you have sky broadband? I'm with Virgin and been told there are problems if you try it with this?

Burney
09-02-2016, 08:49 AM

wd everyone.

It's foreign, innit? That's a limitation with the copyright infringement machine. The subtitling is erratic.

Sir C
09-02-2016, 08:55 AM
It's foreign, innit? That's a limitation with the copyright infringement machine. The subtitling is erratic.

There is some French dialogue, although quite why a chap would be looking at the subtitles escapes me.

Burney
09-02-2016, 08:59 AM
There is some French dialogue, although quite why a chap would be looking at the subtitles escapes me.

Well, y'know I was thinking of the wife, really. It tends to detract from my enjoyment if I'm having to translate for her all the way through.

PSRB
09-02-2016, 09:11 AM
This SKY Q thing, do you have sky broadband? I'm with Virgin and been told there are problems if you try it with this?

I have BT Infinity and works absolutely fine, think there were a few issues to begin with but have now been fixed

7sisters
09-02-2016, 10:20 AM

wd everyone.

Hey.. That was me, you old bugger.. I borderline harassed you over the thing..

Glad I was on the money

Sir C
09-02-2016, 10:23 AM
Hey.. That was me, you old bugger.. I borderline harassed you over the thing..

Glad I was on the money

I was going to single you out for special praise, 7, but was afraid of being accused of being cliquey.

But yes, in essence, I owe it all to you :love:

Pat Vegas
09-02-2016, 10:27 AM

I am still in SD world. :-(
I find the packages for sky or Virgin far too expensive for my liking.But I am looking to get a new tv soon so I will probably sign up at that point. One of those Samsung curved ones I think.

7sisters
09-02-2016, 10:31 AM
Stannis Baratheon is a bloody marvel in it. His one liners to the French lady are pure gold.

Sir C
09-02-2016, 10:32 AM
Stannis Baratheon is a bloody marvel in it. His one liners to the French lady are pure gold.

Oh that's who he is! I couldn't work out why I recognised him. Yes, he's bloody marvellous actually.

PSRB
09-02-2016, 10:34 AM
I am still in SD world. :-(
I find the packages for sky or Virgin far too expensive for my liking.But I am looking to get a new tv soon so I will probably sign up at that point. One of those Samsung curved ones I think.

:yikes: I can't actually watch SD telly anymore, makes my eyes bleed

Pat Vegas
09-02-2016, 10:36 AM
:yikes: I can't actually watch SD telly anymore, makes my eyes bleed

:-( Maybe I am getting old or too sensible. but I can't fork out 100 quid a month plus for these packages.
Virgin constantly bombard me with offers.

It seems cheap but once I add this and that it's too expensive.

Though I don't watch much 'TV'
mainly streaming or youtube.