PDA

View Full Version : I'm all roided out from eating an egg and sausage breakfast here in London.

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 02:52 PM
London is sick, my friends! Very nice. Too bad they're on international break or I might have gotten to the Emirates to attend.

Sir C
09-01-2016, 02:56 PM
London is sick, my friends! Very nice. Too bad they're on international break or I might have gotten to the Emirates to attend.

Egg and sausage breakfast, ega? Kindly explain further.

Feel free to attach photographs or diagrams as appropriate.

Burney
09-01-2016, 03:00 PM

I'm concerned by the use of the term 'sick'. My teenage daughter uses this to denote good things. Is ega a teenager?

Sir C
09-01-2016, 03:01 PM
I'm concerned by the use of the term 'sick'. My teenage daughter uses this to denote good things. Is ega a teenager?

Septic. They have their own peculiar take on the language. Mind you, he might actually mean sick, if he's walked down Upper St on a Saturday morning and looked in shop doorways.

SWv2
09-01-2016, 03:03 PM

When he said egg and sausage breakfast I immediately thought he meant 2 egg, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, beans, mushrooms, bubble, toast and tea but was simply too damned lazy to elaborate.

Then I remembered he is a Yankee so maybe he simply played it safe and went to McDonalds.

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 03:05 PM
Septic. They have their own peculiar take on the language. Mind you, he might actually mean sick, if he's walked down Upper St on a Saturday morning and looked in shop doorways.

Ega is not a teenager, alas. But I live in that youth-obsessed bubble that is LA, and furthermore I work in the film industry, which targets the 18-34 age bracket. I'll be using terms like 'sick,' 'dude,' and 'legit' till I'm 70 years old. :-(

Sir C
09-01-2016, 03:06 PM
When he said egg and sausage breakfast I immediately thought he meant 2 egg, 2 bacon, 2 sausage, beans, mushrooms, bubble, toast and tea but was simply too damned lazy to elaborate.

Then I remembered he is a Yankee so maybe he simply played it safe and went to McDonalds.

You seem to have forgotten the black and the white pudding, sw.

Surprised at you, to be honest.

Sometimes, and this is just between you and I, you understand, I like to split my sausage lengthways and dribble Worcestershire sauce along the, shall we say, shaft.

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 03:07 PM

http://www.clipartkid.com/eggs-sausage-stock-photos-image-1930993-Q47g2n-clipart/

Sir C
09-01-2016, 03:07 PM
Ega is not a teenager, alas. But I live in that youth-obsessed bubble that is LA, and furthermore I work in the film industry, which targets the 18-34 age bracket. I'll be using terms like 'sick,' 'dude,' and 'legit' till I'm 70 years old. :-(

Perfectly understandable, old chap; and if such language keeps you young and spritely, who are we to argue.

Sadly, you have not explained your breakfast arrangements. Expand on your eg and sausage theme. We sit on tenterhooks, eager to learn more.

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 03:08 PM
http://www.clipartkid.com/eggs-sausage-stock-photos-image-1930993-Q47g2n-clipart/

Mind you, if we do pull the trigger on this deal, Ima be hitting one of these restaurants in your neck of the woods, honored Sir C. Gaucho, I've heard is good; and while I've been in Nobu in NYC, not yet London. Prob sh!t over here with fake Japanese people.

Burney
09-01-2016, 03:09 PM

Oh, dear. :-( You poor old thing. One of the joys of getting older lies in being relieved of the need to use such ghastly terms or do anything but sneer at 'youth culture'.

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 03:10 PM
Perfectly understandable, old chap; and if such language keeps you young and spritely, who are we to argue.

Sadly, you have not explained your breakfast arrangements. Expand on your eg and sausage theme. We sit on tenterhooks, eager to learn more.

See below, my friend. But while it was, technically, breakfast, I enjoyed it not an hour ago.

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 03:11 PM
Oh, dear. :-( You poor old thing. One of the joys of getting older lies in being relieved of the need to use such ghastly terms or do anything but sneer at 'youth culture'.

Yeah well. Perhaps in the future I can headline in Vegas, and then my transformation to waxwork figure will be complete. :- D

Burney

Sweet Georgia Brown! What manner of sausage is that?! Those look like...frankfurters? What of the great British banger, ega? :-(

SWv2

Sometimes, and this is just between you and I, you understand, I like to split my sausage lengthways and dribble Worcestershire sauce along the, shall we say, shaft.

In respect of the pudding I can take and leave it. I had the world famous Clonakilty Black Pudding while in Cork last week and it repeated on me all day. Pleasant at the time, less so at 4pm.

Worcestershire sauce at breakfast is uncalled for other than in a beverage, and I am as open minded and liberal in this respect as the next man. In essence you're a borderline pervert.

Sir C
Mind you, if we do pull the trigger on this deal, Ima be hitting one of these restaurants in your neck of the woods, honored Sir C. Gaucho, I've heard is good; and while I've been in Nobu in NYC, not yet London. Prob sh!t over here with fake Japanese people.

Avoid Gaucho as if it were a syphilitic dog. For steaks, you'll be wanting Hawksmoor or Goodman.

Nobu shot its bolt 10 years ago. You must NOT be seen dead in such a place, for fear of being taken for a tourist. For modern oriental, it's Hakkasan or get to fúck.

Burney
09-01-2016, 03:12 PM

I've seen pictures of chaps who've done that :-(

SWv2
09-01-2016, 03:12 PM

That is not a breakfast you filthy American ****er.

Sir C
09-01-2016, 03:13 PM

Who did this ega? In the name of God, who served you that? Scum like this who prey on poor, benighjted foreigners deserve whipping.

Burney
In respect of the pudding I can take and leave it. I had the world famous Clonakilty Black Pudding while in Cork last week and it repeated on me all day. Pleasant at the time, less so at 4pm.

Worcestershire sauce at breakfast is uncalled for other than in a beverage, and I am as open minded and liberal in this respect as the next man. In essence you're a borderline pervert.

Black pudding is still obsessing me, I must admit - with no ill effects. White pudding repeats more than an episode of QI, though.

eastgermanautos
Avoid Gaucho as if it were a syphilitic dog. For steaks, you'll be wanting Hawksmoor or Goodman.

Nobu shot its bolt 10 years ago. You must NOT be seen dead in such a place, for fear of being taken for a tourist. For modern oriental, it's Hakkasan or get to fúck.

This is indeed valuable advice which I will follow to the letter.

Burney
09-01-2016, 03:14 PM
That is not a breakfast you filthy American ****er.

He's put...mustard on it, sw. :cry: And not even proper mustard. Gay, Yanqui mustard. :-(

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Sweet Georgia Brown! What manner of sausage is that?! Those look like...frankfurters? What of the great British banger, ega? :-(

No, of course! Although, for your information, that looks like a German sausage, which can be good in the appropriate setting. However, no, I did bangers. At least I think they were.

Burney
09-01-2016, 03:15 PM
Who did this ega? In the name of God, who served you that? Scum like this who prey on poor, benighjted foreigners deserve whipping.

It looks like the sort of thing a German might eat, ffs! :-(

Sir C
09-01-2016, 03:16 PM
He's put...mustard on it, sw. :cry: And not even proper mustard. Gay, Yanqui mustard. :-(

Now thon yellow Yankee 'mustard' has its place on a Bockwurst with plenty of onions, I think we can agree on that?

But such a thing at breakfast time? This world makes me sick, b. And not in the good way.

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 03:16 PM

I will give you their address, that justice may be visited upon them. :-)

Sir C
09-01-2016, 03:18 PM

No Worcestershire sauce? No white pudding?

I'll be keeping an eye on you, sw.

Burney
09-01-2016, 03:19 PM
No, of course! Although, for your information, that looks like a German sausage, which can be good in the appropriate setting. However, no, I did bangers. At least I think they were.

You need tell me nothing of the German sausage, ega. The German sausage is a fine thing. But not for breakfast.

This would have been a more appropriate photograph

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 03:19 PM
Now thon yellow Yankee 'mustard' has its place on a Bockwurst with plenty of onions, I think we can agree on that?

But such a thing at breakfast time? This world makes me sick, b. And not in the good way.

Exactly, thank you. American mustard, as you call it, definitely has a place. People can get too fussy with their dijon and all this stuff. No, I want the *yellow. Right?

Sir C
09-01-2016, 03:21 PM
Exactly, thank you. American mustard, as you call it, definitely has a place. People can get too fussy with their dijon and all this stuff. No, I want the *yellow. Right?

Well, on those occasions one is enjoying the dubious delights of the so-called 'hot dog', then yes, it has its place. Of course these occasions are rare and generally one likes to keep them strictly private. It's like feeling little girls' bicycle seats, we all do it from time to time, but we don't shout about it.

Burney

I would literally stab in the face any man who dared put mustard on my breakfast sausage. :nod:

Sir C
you need tell me nothing of the german sausage, ega. The german sausage is a fine thing. But not for breakfast.

This would have been a more appropriate photograph

who has stolen the fÚcking bacon?

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 03:22 PM

Mmhm, yum .

Burney
09-01-2016, 03:26 PM

All mustards are insipid and inferior to the sinus-clearing effects of the true Colman's English Mustard, ega. Ideally, it should come in powder form and be mixed with water, but all too often these days it comes in pre-made form. O tempora! O mores!

Burney
09-01-2016, 03:26 PM

I can only assume ega does not care for bacon. :shrug:

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 03:32 PM
I would literally stab in the face any man who dared put mustard on my breakfast sausage. :nod:

Quite right too. He does not deserve to live among us, the Hittite.