PDA

View Full Version : Where are they now? Pat Vegas looks at our past wonder kids.

Pat Vegas
09-01-2016, 12:17 PM
Players who I recall

Arturo Lupoli - Played for many different clubs now at Catania on loan in Lega Pro C

Quincy Owusu-Abeyie- Played for many different clubs now playing for NEC in the Eridivisie.

Fran Merida -Osasuna - La Liga, played for a few different clubs in the last few years.

Anthony Stokes -Blackburn - Championship

Jay Simpson - Leyton orient, after playing in Thailand.

Kerrea Gilbert - FK AS Trenčín

Armand Traore - Nottingham Forest. had many years at QPR.

I said I'd take a look, It was a brief look.

Sir C
09-01-2016, 12:22 PM
Players who I recall

Arturo Lupoli - Played for many different clubs now at Catania on loan in Lega Pro C

Quincy Owusu-Abeyie- Played for many different clubs now playing for NEC in the Eridivisie.

Fran Merida -Osasuna - La Liga, played for a few different clubs in the last few years.

Anthony Stokes -Blackburn - Championship

Jay Simpson - Leyton orient, after playing in Thailand.

Kerrea Gilbert - FK AS Trenčín

Armand Traore - Nottingham Forest. had many years at QPR.

I said I'd take a look, It was a brief look.

Cesc Fabregas - wallowing on the fringes of the Chelsea team :-(

Pat Vegas
09-01-2016, 12:24 PM
Cesc Fabregas - wallowing on the fringes of the Chelsea team :-(

I would like to point out this is not a negative thread. I am not trying to say these players are all rubbish. I just wondered where they have ended up.

SWv2
09-01-2016, 12:45 PM
I have to say I think this whole article is quite tabloid, quite sensationalist.

"Wonder kids" I give you.

They were simply youth team products, some nurtured from an early age, some bought. Stokes i recall being hyped but this may have simply being forlorn hope in the Irish media.

And you failed to mention Frimpong. The big ****ing eejit.

Billy Goat Sverige
09-01-2016, 12:47 PM
I have to say I think this whole article is quite tabloid, quite sensationalist.

They were simply youth team products, some nurtured from an early age, some bought. Stokes i recall being hyped but this may have simply being forlorn hope in the Irish media.

Happens all the time doesn't it? Gnabry has now ****ed off somewhere, Zelalem will end up playing somewhere ****. Quite funny seeing all the outrage at Gnabry leaving on twitter :hehe:

Pat Vegas
09-01-2016, 12:50 PM

That will be part 2. More in depth on Mr Dennnnnnnnnnch himself.

also David Beckham Bentley.

SWv2
09-01-2016, 12:50 PM
Happens all the time doesn't it? Gnabry has now ****ed off somewhere, Zelalem will end up playing somewhere ****. Quite funny seeing all the outrage at Gnabry leaving on twitter :hehe:

You do realise he scored a few goals in the Olympics don't you!!!!!!!

Pat Vegas
09-01-2016, 12:52 PM
You do realise he scored a few goals in the Olympics don't you!!!!!!!

I think Mo may have mentioned it.

The only odd thing. We got rid of a few players this summer, released, sold, loaned out. but Sanogo is still here.

SWv2
09-01-2016, 12:57 PM
I think Mo may have mentioned it.

The only odd thing. We got rid of a few players this summer, released, sold, loaned out. but Sanogo is still here.

Well not only is he still here but allegedly Wenger blocked his loan departure.

And not even to a rival club.

Not sure it was necessary to point that out.

Just Trent
09-01-2016, 01:20 PM

I remember Nic throwing a wobbly on here, when I said Merida was leaving. Even though i had a pretty decent source at the time. He really wasn't having any of it. :hehe:

eastgermanautos
09-01-2016, 01:56 PM
That will be part 2. More in depth on Mr Dennnnnnnnnnch himself.

also David Beckham Bentley.

It's funny how no-one mentions Squillaci. It's like he's a dark part of our souls that we'd rather not visit. :hehe:

Pokster
09-01-2016, 02:43 PM
It's funny how no-one mentions Squillaci. It's like he's a dark part of our souls that we'd rather not visit. :hehe:

Not exactly a wonder kid seeing as he was late 20's/early 30's when we signed him

Luis Anaconda
09-01-2016, 03:01 PM
Not exactly a wonder kid seeing as he was late 20's/early 30's when we signed him

That's still a kid to you :D

Pokster
09-02-2016, 06:53 AM
That's still a kid to you :D

Very good point la.... long gone when i can look at the team and be happy that there are players older than me. I now need to look at the management and look for older people