PDA

View Full Version : I confess to shutting my eyes and ears whenever Trump is mentioned,

Sir C
09-01-2016, 10:41 AM
as I understand he is a bit of a loony, and don't really want his looniness infesting my brain, so I'm unfamiliar with much of his recent rhetoric. However, I've just read that he claims that he will build a wall along the US-Mexico border, and that furthermore, the Mexican government will pay for it.

I read that, rubbed my eyes, and read it again, and you know what? THE LETTERS CONTINUED TO SPELL THE SAME WORDS!

LOL, I mean, hearty lols indeed. The man is a certifiable maniac :hehe:

Hilary it is, then. :-( :sourfacedcow:

Monty92
09-01-2016, 10:44 AM
as I understand he is a bit of a loony, and don't really want his looniness infesting my brain, so I'm unfamiliar with much of his recent rhetoric. However, I've just read that he claims that he will build a wall along the US-Mexico border, and that furthermore, the Mexican government will pay for it.

I read that, rubbed my eyes, and read it again, and you know what? THE LETTERS CONTINUED TO SPELL THE SAME WORDS!

Except Hilary has previously promised to do precisely the same thing (build a wall - not necessarily make Mexico pay).

Burney
09-01-2016, 10:45 AM

Were I American I would definitely vote for him - not because I agree with him or think he's able to do any of the things he says he will, but just for ****s and giggles and to upset the sort of people who really hate him. Sadly, I don't think Americans have sufficient sense of humour to elect him, so they'll get shafted up the arse by Hillary for the next few years, white people will get even angrier and God knows what will happen.

Sir C
09-01-2016, 10:45 AM
Except Hilary has previously promised to do precisely the same thing (build a wall - not necessarily make Mexico pay).

Lumme, that's going to be some wall. I'd guess the border is about, ohh, 1,989 miles (3,201 km) long?

They're all mental.

Luis Anaconda
09-01-2016, 10:49 AM

No she hasn't

Monty92
09-01-2016, 10:51 AM
No she hasn't

"I voted for border security and some of it was a fence," Clinton said. "I don’t think we ever called it a wall. Maybe in some places it was a wall."

SWv2
09-01-2016, 10:52 AM
Lumme, that's going to be some wall. I'd guess the border is about, ohh, 1,989 miles (3,201 km) long?

They're all mental.

I admire your guessing skills.

Remind me to get you on speed text next time I am part of a pub quiz team.

Luis Anaconda
09-01-2016, 10:53 AM
"I voted for border security and some of it was a fence," Clinton said. "I don’t think we ever called it a wall. Maybe in some places it was a wall."

You might want to look up the meaning of the word "precisely"

Sir C
I admire your guessing skills.

Remind me to get you on speed text next time I am part of a pub quiz team.

Happy to help anytime, sw.

SWv2

Not really the same as your original statement is it?

"Except Hilary has previously promised to do precisely the same thing"

Monty92
09-01-2016, 10:59 AM
You might want to look up the meaning of the word "precisely"

She definitely, very precisely, said she'd build a barrier (and voted to do so), and acknowledges in my quote above that at least part of this barrier would take the form of a wall.

Luis Anaconda
09-01-2016, 11:01 AM
She didn't just say so, she voted on it - it is a 700mile fence, it is not a 1,900mile-plus wall. Your use of the word "precisely" is entirely wrong

Burney
09-01-2016, 11:01 AM
She definitely, very precisely, said she'd build a barrier (and voted to do so), and acknowledges in my quote above that at least part of this barrier would take the form of a wall.

I don't know what they're worried about. I'd much rather have a country overrun with wetbacks than one overrun by Allans.

Burney
09-01-2016, 11:02 AM
She didn't just say so, she voted on it - it is a 700mile fence, it is not a 1,900mile-plus wall. Your use of the word "precisely" is entirely wrong

What's the point of a barrier that doesn't cover the whole border?