PDA

View Full Version : Has Michael Owen predicted that we'll finish outside the top four yet?

Ash
09-01-2016, 10:13 AM
Jamie Carragher has. We'll be replaced by Liverpool.

Which reminds me, did they buy players to fix their defensive shortcomings in the end?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/29327/10545469/jamie-carragher-on-liverpools-defensive-problems

Pat Vegas
09-01-2016, 10:18 AM
Jamie Carragher has. We'll be replaced by Liverpool.

Which reminds me, did they buy players to fix their defensive shortcomings in the end?

http://www.skysports.com/football/news/29327/10545469/jamie-carragher-on-liverpools-defensive-problems

I watched the Tottenham Liverpool game on the weekend. I thought the level of football of both teams was poor.

I don't know why people are already saying we've fallen behind the likes of Chelsea, City and United. We finished above all of them last year. Whilst they have strengthened I am not convinced by any of them. However I do feel that Zlatan will end up being a most excellent signing for United.

City need to keep Aguero fit and they are ok if he is injured then they have problems.
Chelsea i will have to wait and see. Not quite sure why they re-signed sideshow bob.

SWv2
09-01-2016, 10:37 AM
I watched the Tottenham Liverpool game on the weekend. I thought the level of football of both teams was poor.

I don't know why people are already saying we've fallen behind the likes of Chelsea, City and United. We finished above all of them last year. Whilst they have strengthened I am not convinced by any of them. However I do feel that Zlatan will end up being a most excellent signing for United.

City need to keep Aguero fit and they are ok if he is injured then they have problems.
Chelsea i will have to wait and see. Not quite sure why they re-signed sideshow bob.

I think (from the actual football I have seen) that both Manchester sides look very strong this season and Chelsea appear to have started very well. New manager bounce perhaps but undoubtedly each a very strong side at very least on a par with us.

Save for the caveat of them only having Aguero I think City are again the strongest in the league.

United have bought very well and will further improve.

We have stumbled along a little but will improve also.

Too early for definitive end of season judgements though top 4 is as above.

Oh yes, and Leicester. Champions and all that.