PDA

View Full Version : And what of our neighbours up the road this season?

Sir C
08-31-2016, 12:26 PM
They don't appear to have strengthened significantly; can Joe Lewis really be keeping the wallet closed because of the new stadium?

They're going to finish 8th, aren't they? :cloud9:

PSRB
08-31-2016, 12:30 PM
They don't appear to have strengthened significantly; can Joe Lewis really be keeping the wallet closed because of the new stadium?

Kane also appears to have gone right off the boil

Luis Anaconda
08-31-2016, 12:30 PM

With a bit of luck. Not seen much of the new Dutch lad but playing him 9 with Kane as a 10 is a very weird idea. Apparently though Dembele is the greatest thing since sliced bread and it is only because he is out that they aren't top of the league. Perhaps he shouldn't gouge people

SWv2
08-31-2016, 12:46 PM

First team additions = striker and a highly rated (by some) midfielder. What I expect we would have done bar injuries.

Maybe others, no idea.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-31-2016, 12:48 PM
With a bit of luck. Not seen much of the new Dutch lad but playing him 9 with Kane as a 10 is a very weird idea. Apparently though Dembele is the greatest thing since sliced bread and it is only because he is out that they aren't top of the league. Perhaps he shouldn't gouge people
Wanyama is a good signing too but they've sold Chadli and Mason so unless they do some great business today (Isco :hehe: ) then it's been a pretty average window imo. Don't hear much clamour from the fans though :shrug:

Ash
08-31-2016, 12:58 PM
Wanyama is a good signing too but they've sold Chadli and Mason so unless they do some great business today (Isco :hehe: ) then it's been a pretty average window imo. Don't hear much clamour from the fans though :shrug:

Wanyama's a interesting one. We think he's good because he managed to boot us around the park without ever seeming to attract the attention of referees. Though a Saints fan I know is happy to see the back of him as all he did is pick up bookings and suspensions. Just not against us.

Sir C
08-31-2016, 12:58 PM
First team additions = striker and a highly rated (by some) midfielder. What I expect we would have done bar injuries.

Maybe others, no idea.

You seem to know an awful lot about them.

PSRB
08-31-2016, 01:02 PM
Wanyama's a interesting one. We think he's good because he managed to boot us around the park without ever seeming to attract the attention of referees. Though a Saints fan I know is happy to see the back of him as all he did is pick up bookings and suspensions. Just not against us.

He was utter bobbins against the scousers at the weekend. Never rated him, as you say, he has 2 decent games a season.....against us :-(

08-31-2016, 01:03 PM
Though a Saints fan I know is happy to see the back of him as all he did is pick up bookings and suspensions.

My token Saint's pal moans whenever they flog a player...tbf they have lost quite a lot of half-decent/very good/world class (Bale) over the last few years...

Luis Anaconda
08-31-2016, 01:09 PM
My token Saint's pal moans whenever they flog a player...tbf they have lost quite a lot of half-decent/very good/world class (Walcott) over the last few years...

Fixed that for you

08-31-2016, 01:18 PM
Fixed that for you

We live in hope, LA.