PDA

View Full Version : I think we've had a brilliant transfer window imo.

Pat Vegas
08-31-2016, 09:45 AM
there will be some moaning.

But I'd say we've made one of the most expensive CB signings in history. (don't know the fee)

Arsene is taking this seriously.
Xhaka looks promising.
Perez who knows let's see what happens.
Holding loads of potential.

Wilshere leaving is a bit of a shocker. but there isn't space for him right now.

Sir C
08-31-2016, 09:50 AM

But I'd say we've made one of the most expensive CB signings in history. (don't know the fee)

Xhaka looks promising.

Wilshere leaving is a bit of a shocker. but there isn't space for him right now.

It's been good. Had there been a ( :puke: ) 'world class' centre forward available, and had we signed him, it would have been brilliant.

We're not winning the league with Giroud leading the line. la has explained this to us.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-31-2016, 09:58 AM

4th place is all but ours, F :cloud9:

Pat Vegas
08-31-2016, 10:04 AM
It's been good. Had there been a ( :puke: ) 'world class' centre forward available, and had we signed him, it would have been brilliant.

We're not winning the league with Giroud leading the line. la has explained this to us.

You could put anybody up there it won't make a huge difference. Possibly a 'world class' would take their opportunities a bit better than mr Giroud.

When Alexis was put up there in the first couple of games he was wasted. I think it's just our formation.

The new fella will be fine.

Luis Anaconda
08-31-2016, 10:22 AM
You could put anybody up there it won't make a huge difference. Possibly a 'world class' would take their opportunities a bit better than mr Giroud.

When Alexis was put up there in the first couple of games he was wasted. I think it's just our formation.

The new fella will be fine.

Wasted or just getting used to a different position? Seemed to be all right on Saturday :shrug:

Luis Anaconda
08-31-2016, 10:23 AM

I never said we couldn't win the league with him

He might get injured after all

TheCurly
08-31-2016, 10:30 AM

Xhaka looks promising.

Why do things have to change F? :-( Why did Thierry,Den and Bob have to get old? :-( IT'S NOT FAIR

Just Trent
08-31-2016, 10:31 AM
He was a bit isolated in the first two games. All that changed when Ozil turned up. The balance with Santi and Xhaka in cm looked the best we've seen for a while. We need Ozil and Alexis linking up as much as possible. I suspect Ozil prefers having Alexis upfront than Giroud as well.

Pat Vegas
08-31-2016, 10:36 AM
Wasted or just getting used to a different position? Seemed to be all right on Saturday :shrug:

Who cares about the facts here LA. I didn't see that game it wasn't on telly.

Norn Iron
08-31-2016, 10:41 AM
I was very impressed with Xhaka on Saturday. After the game he came into the away end to hug one of his mates. Lovely boy, who could end up in Sir C's basement.

Ash
08-31-2016, 10:42 AM
Who cares about the facts here LA. I didn't see that game it wasn't on telly.

I watched it on Sky's Game of the Day, in its entirety. It's the perfect way to watch football, I've found. Go out and do something enjoyable during the day, and check the score after the match. If we lose, then go into media lockdown. If we win, watch the game on Sky later in a completely relaxed and stress-free stylee. :-)

Just Trent
08-31-2016, 10:42 AM

Xhaka looks promising.

You know it's gone well. It's transfer deadline day. But, Arsene hasn't been seen at an airport. Jetting off to some random event to avoid the whole thing.

Sir C
08-31-2016, 10:45 AM
I was very impressed with Xhaka on Saturday. After the game he came into the away end to hug one of his mates. Lovely boy, who could end up in Sir C's basement.

:nod: A very attractive young man. I like to imagine having him shaved and oiled and then enjoying some good, manly wrestling with him.

Ash
08-31-2016, 10:46 AM
You know it's gone well. It's transfer deadline day. But, Arsene hasn't been seen at an airport. Jetting off to some random event to avoid the whole thing.

Jack Wilshere has been spotted in a Hampshire petrol station on the A338 though.

Just Trent
08-31-2016, 10:51 AM
Jack Wilshere has been spotted in a Hampshire petrol station on the A338 though.

He'd be better off at Bournemouth. A nice quiet club ,with a sensible manager. Far less volatile than Palace. Pardew will probably be sacked before xmas.

Burney
08-31-2016, 10:53 AM
:nod: A very attractive young man. I like to imagine having him shaved and oiled and then enjoying some good, manly wrestling with him.

You'd lose, I fear - and be at his mercy. :-(

Sir C
08-31-2016, 10:57 AM
You'd lose, I fear - and be at his mercy. :-(

It's true, I fear. Such an enormously powerful, athletic young man could hold me down and do anything he wanted to me. I'd be entirely helpless. :-(

Burney
08-31-2016, 10:58 AM
It's true, I fear. Such an enormously powerful, athletic young man could hold me down and do anything he wanted to me. I'd be entirely helpless. :-(

:nod: No-one could hold you responsible for anything that happened after that.

Luis Anaconda
08-31-2016, 11:23 AM
I watched it on Sky's Game of the Day, in its entirety. It's the perfect way to watch football, I've found. Go out and do something enjoyable during the day, and check the score after the match. If we lose, then go into media lockdown. If we win, watch the game on Sky later in a completely relaxed and stress-free stylee. :-)

That does sound good. It was about 32 degrees here on Saturday so doing anything outside was almost impossible. wd the pub imo

Ash
08-31-2016, 12:09 PM
That does sound good. It was about 32 degrees here on Saturday so doing anything outside was almost impossible. wd the pub imo

Pretty hot here too. We went on a very gentle amble round Pimlico. Interestingly, the only two things everyone knows about the place are both wrong. Neither the gallery or the film are in Pimlico. The Tate is in Millbank and Passport to Pimlico was fillumed in Lambeth. Very suprisingly, one-bed flats were not that much more expensive than in our part of London. Only about a hundred and fifty grand more expensive, which seemed quite reasonable for 'South Belgravia', I thought. :hehe: You wouldn't want the Thames to overflow though. It's happened before.

Luis Anaconda
08-31-2016, 12:19 PM
Pretty hot here too. We went on a very gentle amble round Pimlico. Interestingly, the only two things everyone knows about the place are both wrong. Neither the gallery or the film are in Pimlico. The Tate is in Millbank and Passport to Pimlico was fillumed in Lambeth. Very suprisingly, one-bed flats were not that much more expensive than in our part of London. Only about a hundred and fifty grand more expensive, which seemed quite reasonable for 'South Belgravia', I thought. :hehe: You wouldn't want the Thames to overflow though. It's happened before.
I knew that, I knew that - about the film anyway

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-31-2016, 01:02 PM

Xhaka looks promising.

Time will tell. It does appear that we got in the numbers that we needed so it does appear to have been a good window.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-31-2016, 02:40 PM

My take on this is that we needed more goals from last year. And while I hope Ozil can start scoring like Bergkamp did, we need most of these to come from the front 3.

Alexis may score a few more as CF than LW, but his goal rate as a winger was superb.

We don't really have any other goalscoring wingers other than Alexis. Yes, Rambo, Feo, Iwobi etc will get a few but not as many as Olly.

And shouldn't that be the equation? We need a 25 a season striker plus Alexis. {And another goal scoring winger would make us contenders.} Sticking Alexis at CF with Ox etc out wide won't get us enough goals.

I'd rather stick with Alexis on the left, Olly up front {and hope he gets lots more goals} and hope that Rambo or Feo or the new lad Perez or Iwobi can score lots from the other wing. That's why I wish we'd kept Serge.

PotatoNoel
08-31-2016, 02:41 PM
Would have been better if Arsene had signed Mustafi and Perez before we were already 5 points off the pace.

Ash
08-31-2016, 02:46 PM
Would have been better if Arsene had signed Mustafi and Perez before we were already 5 points off the pace.

Mustafi was in the German EC squad, was he not? If so he wouldn't have been available at the start anyway. And Perez only became 'available' to us once we'd missed all the primary targets. :hehe: :-| AW said it was the most difficult window ever, and comments from Conte and Klopp echo this.

Luis Anaconda
08-31-2016, 02:47 PM
My take on this is that we needed more goals from last year. And while I hope Ozil can start scoring like Bergkamp did, we need most of these to come from the front 3.

Alexis may score a few more as CF than LW, but his goal rate as a winger was superb.

We don't really have any other goalscoring wingers other than Alexis. Yes, Rambo, Feo, Iwobi etc will get a few but not as many as Olly.

And shouldn't that be the equation? We need a 25 a season striker plus Alexis. {And another goal scoring winger would make us contenders.} Sticking Alexis at CF with Ox etc out wide won't get us enough goals.

I'd rather stick with Alexis on the left, Olly up front {and hope he gets lots more goals} and hope that Rambo or Feo or the new lad Perez or Iwobi can score lots from the other wing. That's why I wish we'd kept Serge.

You have mentioned this ad nauseum. I'm not entirely sure why a couple of goals against Fiji U23s and some similar teams has turned Serge Gnabry into Lionel Messi and Neymar combined. He was pretty ordinary in the one game I saw him against Nigeria in the semi for a start and don't think he did well in the final. Walcott will score far more goals than he would if he gets the games

08-31-2016, 03:12 PM
You have mentioned this ad nauseum. I'm not entirely sure why a couple of goals against Fiji U23s and some similar teams has turned Serge Gnabry into Lionel Messi and Neymar combined. He was pretty ordinary in the one game I saw him against Nigeria in the semi for a start and don't think he did well in the final. Walcott will score far more goals than he would if he gets the games

I still think our front 3 will give us more combined goals with Alexis wide and Olly central {with one of Feo, Rambo, Iwobi etc on the right} than with Alexis central and two of the above out wide.

I could well be wrong, but are you saying you disagree with my supposition?

If Feo could bang them in like he did that season when RVP was on fire {something like 20 goals for Feo} then we'd be sorted if both Olly and Alexis play to their full potential. But a front 3 with Alexis at CF with Feo and Ox won't score as many as Feo-Olly-Alexis imo.

Luis Anaconda
08-31-2016, 03:16 PM
I still think our front 3 will give us more combined goals with Alexis wide and Olly central {with one of Feo, Rambo, Iwobi etc on the right} than with Alexis central and two of the above out wide.

I could well be wrong, but are you saying you disagree with my supposition?

If Feo could bang them in like he did that season when RVP was on fire {something like 20 goals for Feo} then we'd be sorted if both Olly and Alexis play to their full potential. But a front 3 with Alexis at CF with Feo and Ox won't score as many as Feo-Olly-Alexis imo.
I wouldn't disagree with that no. Olly is our best no 9. That doesn't preclude Alexis from doing a decent job there - arguably he is best goalscorer whether playing wide or down the middle

08-31-2016, 05:48 PM
I wouldn't disagree with that no. Olly is our best no 9. That doesn't preclude Alexis from doing a decent job there - arguably he is best goalscorer whether playing wide or down the middle

Agreed. But even if he scored more playing centrally, I don't think it would make up the difference between the number of goals Olly provided compared to Ox {or Iwobi or Rambo} in a front 3.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-31-2016, 09:01 PM
We've spent a lot of money and the squad looks quite strong but I'm not sure our starting eleven is much stronger.

A marquee signing might have been better than what we've bought. Mustafi we could have got for much less if we'd gone for him earlier.

R.C. Celebrating the return of Trophies
09-01-2016, 07:50 AM

vs Liverpool we kept putting in high crosses to the littlest fella on the pitch,
vs Leicester they had a much better defence than liverpool, Watfard were wide open for anyone to shag.

Sanchez is not the answer at the spearhead, nor is Wally Walcott, Giroud has no pace and has fallen for the party line of trying to set up a cert for someone else rather than burying it himself.

New boy?? wait and see is all we can do.

Welbz? crocked Nicklas Bentdner.....for now, but more promising.

Akpom? def one for the future if he carries on like last year and pre season.

Sanogo? meh

everywhere else, midfield, defence, and picktheballoutthenetter, we are Spades all the way in depth.

Is it enough to challenge the Mancs & a Chelsea whose only focus is domestic? Possibly.
Another dose of hope based on the midfield (includes the wide boys) compensating for the deficiencies up front