PDA

View Full Version : I'm digging London. Lot of cool areas. Fitzrovia is my jam.

eastgermanautos
08-31-2016, 08:44 AM
That and the Emirates and environs, of course

Sir C
08-31-2016, 08:47 AM

That's the 'burbs, dude.

Ash
08-31-2016, 08:50 AM

Don't listen to Sir C there, ega. According to him the British Museum is in the Midlands, Harrods is in Devon, and the Tower of London is in France.

eastgermanautos
08-31-2016, 08:58 AM
Don't listen to Sir C there, ega. According to him the British Museum is in the Midlands, Harrods is in Devon, and the Tower of London is in France.

What, according to the honorable peer of the realm, Sir C., is the epicenter? On a previous trip I went to the area around St. Paul's. Kind of dead in comparison.

Ash
08-31-2016, 09:04 AM
What, according to the honorable peer of the realm, Sir C., is the epicenter? On a previous trip I went to the area around St. Paul's. Kind of dead in comparison.

St Paul's is in The City, which is dead outside of office hours. Sir C's London consists of Holborn, Covent Garden, Soho, Mayfair and Westminster.

Sir C
08-31-2016, 09:06 AM
St Paul's is in The City, which is dead outside of office hours. Sir C's London consists of Holborn, Covent Garden, Soho, Mayfair and Westminster.

To be fair, mainly Mayfair.

In Mayfair one may find bars at Claridges AND the Connaught. Why stray anywhere else?

Ash
08-31-2016, 09:11 AM
To be fair, mainly Mayfair.

In Mayfair one may find bars at Claridges AND the Connaught. Why stray anywhere else?

Some nice pubs in Mayfair actually. And a river runs through it, of course.

Sir C
08-31-2016, 09:19 AM

The Tyburn, is it?

eastgermanautos
08-31-2016, 09:21 AM

Sure, Mayfair's cool. I mean, sh!t, it's all cool. I feel like I'd get a little crazy with all those people up your butt all the time. Tourists and such. Like living in Times Square.

Ash
08-31-2016, 09:30 AM
The Tyburn, is it?

Yes, and the valley is very distinct in places.

Ash
08-31-2016, 09:35 AM
Sure, Mayfair's cool. I mean, sh!t, it's all cool. I feel like I'd get a little crazy with all those people up your butt all the time. Tourists and such. Like living in Times Square.

It's good for business, and that's what mattress at the end of the day. Knightsbridge is a strange place though. Billionaire boy-racers ripping the air apart every few seconds with the crackling roar of their high-performance sports cars going forward another ten yards through the traffic. #madness

eastgermanautos
08-31-2016, 03:27 PM
It's good for business, and that's what mattress at the end of the day. Knightsbridge is a strange place though. Billionaire boy-racers ripping the air apart every few seconds with the crackling roar of their high-performance sports cars going forward another ten yards through the traffic. #madness

It definitely mattresses. ;-)

No, of course, one does not hate on a place because it has tourists! London rocks.