PDA

View Full Version : Here’s a ****ing question. How did tender-stem broccoli get to be seen as

Monty92
08-30-2016, 01:58 PM
the superior type of broccoli, when the stem is clearly the rankest, most horribly textured and least flavoursome part?

Pat Vegas
08-30-2016, 01:59 PM
the superior type of broccoli, when the stem is clearly the rankest, most horribly textured and least flavoursome part?

I am glad to see you are living a rock n roll lifestyle.

TheCurly
08-30-2016, 02:05 PM
I am glad to see you are living a rock n roll lifestyle.

I smoked broccoli once (amongst many other foodstuffs) in my quest to discover a new way of getting rat-faced

Pat Vegas
08-30-2016, 02:05 PM
I smoked broccoli once (amongst many other foodstuffs) in my quest to discover a new way of getting rat-faced

Did it work?

TheCurly
08-30-2016, 02:08 PM
Did it work?

Did it fúck.I think a sunflower worked but I was pished at the time so it's hard to say.

Burney
08-30-2016, 02:09 PM

Because it's more tender and flavoursome. There's never been any question about the flavoursomeness of the stem, it's just been a bit thick. A thin stem is fine. I'm growing purple sprouting tender stem broccoli in my garden. I may actually get a crop if the ****ing Cabbage Whites ever stop eating it.

Burney
08-30-2016, 02:09 PM
Did it fúck.I think a sunflower worked but I was pished at the time so it's hard to say.

Dried banana skins were always reputed to work, but who can be bothered? Besides, if they actually worked, I'd have heard about it.

TheCurly
08-30-2016, 02:11 PM
Dried banana skins were always reputed to work, but who can be bothered? Besides, if they actually worked, I'd have heard about it.

Indeed.It helps when your Dr Feelgood lives right around the corner

Monty92
08-30-2016, 02:22 PM
Because it's more tender and flavoursome. There's never been any question about the flavoursomeness of the stem, it's just been a bit thick. A thin stem is fine. I'm growing purple sprouting tender stem broccoli in my garden. I may actually get a crop if the ****ing Cabbage Whites ever stop eating it.

What? The stem is more tender? Are you a mental?

Burney
08-30-2016, 02:31 PM
What? The stem is more tender? Are you a mental?

Yes. Hence the name. I love broccoli, stem and all, though.

Monty92
08-30-2016, 02:38 PM
Yes. Hence the name. I love broccoli, stem and all, though.

Oh you mean the stem is thinner and more tender than those on normal broccoli. Yes, this is of course true, but they still have a horrible texture tender compared to florrets, so why are they considered superior.

Burney
08-30-2016, 02:41 PM
Oh you mean the stem is thinner and more tender than those on normal broccoli. Yes, this is of course true, but they still have a horrible texture tender compared to florrets, so why are they considered superior.

I find them pleasant. Not unlike asparagus in texture - and you don't mind eating the stem of that.