PDA

View Full Version : Welp. I checked out Highgate Cemetery where they got Karl Marx stashed.

eastgermanautos
08-30-2016, 01:17 PM
Cause that's how I get down, capitalist dogs. :-D

Time for a frickin beer.

Burney
08-30-2016, 01:20 PM

Time for a frickin beer.

There are lots more famous people in there. All dead, of course.

http://www.ranker.com/list/famous-people-buried-in-highgate-cemetery/reference

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2016, 01:24 PM

More importantly, there are lots of top pubs nearby - he can find them for himself though.

Ash
08-30-2016, 04:43 PM

Time for a frickin beer.

Good man. Had I been in and not popped down the zoo to see the BABY TIGERS! I could have met you for a pint in The Star. or The Flask. Or the Prince of Wales. Or the Angel. Or The Gatehouse. Or the Wrestlers. Or the Bull. Or the Red Lion and Sun. Or The Duke's Head.

EDIT: Or even The Victoria but that's dangerously close to Monty92 territory.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-30-2016, 05:55 PM
Good man. Had I been in and not popped down the zoo to see the BABY TIGERS! I could have met you for a pint in The Star. or The Flask. Or the Prince of Wales. Or the Angel. Or The Gatehouse. Or the Wrestlers. Or the Bull. Or the Red Lion and Sun. Or The Duke's Head.

EDIT: Or even The Victoria but that's dangerously close to Monty92 territory.

The Bull is my fav in Highgate.

Ash
08-30-2016, 06:32 PM
The Bull is my fav in Highgate.

They do nice grub, but The Flask is my favourite for outside space in summer and inside cosyness in winter. The only pub to watch football is down the hill with the proles in the Whittington though. Cheap beer too. :-)

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-30-2016, 06:52 PM
They do nice grub, but The Flask is my favourite for outside space in summer and inside cosyness in winter. The only pub to watch football is down the hill with the proles in the Whittington though. Cheap beer too. :-)

I do believe I've never been to The Flask. The one in Hampstead is good for beer but **** for food. Will have to try the Flask in Highgate on our next Highgate pub crawl. I like the Duke's Head as well.

Ash
08-30-2016, 06:52 PM

Can't believe Jeremy fùcking Beadle gets in there above George Elliot, Tom Sayers and the Rosseti family - all unmentioned. Nice to see Douggie at #3 though.

Ash
08-30-2016, 06:59 PM
I do believe I've never been to The Flask. The one in Hampstead is good for beer but **** for food. Will have to try the Flask in Highgate on our next Highgate pub crawl. I like the Duke's Head as well.

Should mention The Old Crown half way down the hill as well, to complete the set.

Ash
08-30-2016, 07:03 PM
Should mention The Old Crown half way down the hill as well, to complete the set.

And if we're casting the net wide, add the Archway Tavern. The album cover for The Kinks Muswell Hillbillies. And Ray Davies lives next to St Michael's Church in Highgate, opposite Kate Moss who lives in the house where Coleridge used to live.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-30-2016, 07:31 PM
And if we're casting the net wide, add the Archway Tavern. The album cover for The Kinks Muswell Hillbillies. And Ray Davies lives next to St Michael's Church in Highgate, opposite Kate Moss who lives in the house where Coleridge used to live.

I'll extend the net even further to the Maynard Arms in Crouch End and the Holly Bush in Hampstead.

barrybueno
08-30-2016, 07:42 PM
Must admit, I almost burst out laughing when I got to number 7 :hehe: