PDA

View Full Version : FrugalWimb. I have decided to become an extreme tightarse.

Pat Vegas
08-30-2016, 10:43 AM
Whilst I am earning more than I ever have I am a bit fed up of wasting money on a day to day basis.
In terms of lunch, food, household items. When you sit down an add up what you spend on stuff every month it can be surprising. If I buy a bottle of water everyday that's £17 wasted a month. :-)

Now I packed in the cigarettes that's already a lot saved but I wish to save more. I already stash more than a quarter of my salary in the savings account each month and give myself a budget for the rest of the month but I also wish half this.

I'd rather cut out all this stuff in order to buy myself nice stuff.

Any frugal tips?

Sir C
08-30-2016, 10:45 AM
Whilst I am earning more than I ever have I am a bit fed up of wasting money on a day to day basis.
In terms of lunch, food, household items. When you sit down an add up what you spend on stuff every month it can be surprising. If I buy a bottle of water everyday that's £17 wasted a month. :-)

Now I packed in the cigarettes that's already a lot saved but I wish to save more. I already stash more than a quarter of my salary in the savings account each month and give myself a budget for the rest of the month but I also wish half this.

Any frugal tips?

For every day swilling, consider prosecco instead of champagne. There are some very decent options these days.

Of course there is absolutely no excuse for not serving the proper stuff when guests arrive.

TheCurly
08-30-2016, 10:53 AM

Any frugal tips?

I notice you spent almost 9 pounds on pork meat F.This is madness.
Why,just today on my way to work I noticed at least one dead badger lying by the roadside.
Roadkill is your friend here. ******FREE MEATS*****

Burney
08-30-2016, 10:58 AM
Why,just today on my way to work I noticed at least one dead badger lying by the roadside.

The squirrels are starting to appear in great proliferation also. An air rifle is dirt cheap and you can fill the deep freeze with those bad boys imo.

Pat Vegas
08-30-2016, 11:07 AM

:hehe: I didn't buy it. I just looked like a freak who goes around taking photos of products.

Ash
08-30-2016, 11:40 AM
Any frugal tips?

Don't buy soft drinks or 'meal deals' at lunchtime for work, assuming that drinking water is available in your office. You don't need crisps either imo.

Burney
08-30-2016, 11:50 AM
Don't buy soft drinks or 'meal deals' at lunchtime for work, assuming that drinking water is available in your office. You don't need crisps either imo.

Those meal deals are ridicules, though. You can buy a sandwich that costs £2.85 and if you buy a bottle of diet coke with it, it will cost you around £4. However, throw in a bag of crisps and the whole thing costs £3. It's madness. They're basically trying to penalise you for not taking crisps.

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2016, 11:51 AM

Spoken like a man who hasn't worked in a country where the only available crisp flavour is paprika. A man sometimes needs salt and vinegar Walkers, a

Burney
08-30-2016, 11:54 AM
Spoken like a man who hasn't worked in a country where the only available crisp flavour is paprika. A man sometimes needs salt and vinegar Walkers, a

I'm sure the Germans have undertaken a study to ensure that Paprika is the most efficient flavour and therefore see no reason to introduce any others.

Pat Vegas
08-30-2016, 11:55 AM

I am going to start bringing my own. I am just a bit lazy though I try to keep the spending reasonable.

500ml bottles of drink are horrid. and never cold enough.

Sir C
08-30-2016, 11:57 AM

I once drove home from Bielefeld with only a bag of paprika crisps for sustenance. It was a massive bag, as well.

It took me days to wash the taste from my mouth and the grease from my fingers.

Ash
08-30-2016, 11:57 AM

True, but I prefer to save them for hunger-emergencies, like in the pub.

Ash
08-30-2016, 11:59 AM
Those meal deals are ridicules, though. You can buy a sandwich that costs £2.85 and if you buy a bottle of diet coke with it, it will cost you around £4. However, throw in a bag of crisps and the whole thing costs £3. It's madness. They're basically trying to penalise you for not taking crisps.

What I object to is the notion that adding a can of sugar and a bag of sugar to a sandwich somehow turns it into a meal.

Burney
08-30-2016, 12:01 PM
What I object to is the notion that adding a can of sugar and a bag of sugar to a sandwich somehow turns it into a meal.

Well you can buy non-sugary drinks in a meal deal. Andy can always fùck the crisps in the bin. Besides, anything can be a meal, surely?

Pat Vegas
08-30-2016, 12:02 PM

Like funsize chocolate bars. Someone decided fun only means a small bit of chocolate

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2016, 12:08 PM
I once drove home from Bielefeld with only a bag of paprika crisps for sustenance. It was a massive bag, as well.

It took me days to wash the taste from my mouth and the grease from my fingers.

Yep - it's a bugger like that. Mind you the paprika coating they have on the skin of the rotisserie chicken here is bloody addictive

Ash
08-30-2016, 12:10 PM
Like funsize chocolate bars. Someone decided fun only means a small bit of chocolate

Dave Gorman (S2 Ep2) worked out that if a funsize mars bar is less of a mars bar, then a fun fact must be less of a fact. FACT.