PDA

View Full Version : 83 year-old man with Alzheimer's dies, thus almost certainly ending his own misery

Burney
08-30-2016, 09:18 AM
and that of his loved ones and the usual lachrymose round of social media RIPs and gifs starts up again. :yawn:
Remember the good old days when someone famous would die, someone would tell you and you'd say 'Oh, that's a shame' and move on? They're gone, I'm afraid. Now, unless you've posted a gif and some mawkish claptrap online, you're considered a heartless beast.
Of course, a cynical man might suggest these people were more interested in acquiring or establishing prestige by signalling their own status as fans of certain films, people, music, comedy, etc. than they were actually bothered about the individual's demise, but not me. Oh, no.

Sir C
08-30-2016, 09:32 AM
and that of his loved ones and the usual lachrymose round of social media RIPs and gifs starts up again. :yawn:
Remember the good old days when someone famous would die, someone would tell you and you'd say 'Oh, that's a shame' and move on? They're gone, I'm afraid. Now, unless you've posted a gif and some mawkish claptrap online, you're considered a heartless beast.
Of course, a cynical man might suggest these people were more interested in acquiring or establishing prestige by signalling their own status as fans of certain films, people, music, comedy, etc. than they were actually bothered about the individual's demise, but not me. Oh, no.

Yes yes, butI watched Balzing Saddles last night and can confirm that Mel Brooks kept the funniest bits for himself.

Burney
08-30-2016, 09:43 AM
Yes yes, butI watched Balzing Saddles last night and can confirm that Mel Brooks kept the funniest bits for himself.

What? As the cross-eyed governor? Oh, come come!

Sir C
08-30-2016, 09:47 AM
What? As the cross-eyed governor? Oh, come come!

No, as the jewish Red Indian chief. "Schwarzers! No, no, seit nicht meshugger!" :hehe:

Burney
08-30-2016, 09:50 AM
No, as the jewish Red Indian chief. "Schwarzers! No, no, seit nicht meshugger!" :hehe:

Oh, yes, that was rather good. :hehe: 'Hast du gesehen in deine leben? They darker than us!'