PDA

View Full Version : Apparently we're going to let Wilshere leave on loan. What a shame

Just Trent
08-29-2016, 10:56 PM
We probably could've got £20m for him in the current market.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-29-2016, 11:37 PM
We might have got £40 million or more from Citeh a couple of years back but Wenger would have been slaughtered.

Exiled Gunner
08-30-2016, 02:44 AM
Hope he'll stay fit and gets plenty of game time during his loan. Hopefully, a different fitness regime will do him a good and he'll return to Arsenal rejuvenated. Surely he still has a future with the Gunners. Among other things, he's 7 years younger than Cazorla, after all...

Burney
08-30-2016, 08:47 AM
Hope he'll stay fit and gets plenty of game time during his loan. Hopefully, a different fitness regime will do him a good and he'll return to Arsenal rejuvenated. Surely he still has a future with the Gunners. Among other things, he's 7 years younger than Cazorla, after all...

Never that good in the first place, English, constantly injured and a clearly has discipline issues. I wanted us to get rid years back.

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2016, 08:59 AM
Never that good in the first place, English, constantly injured and a clearly has discipline issues. I wanted us to get rid years back.

*******s, quite frankly. Huge talent

Burney
08-30-2016, 09:09 AM

'Talent without character is like a car without gas'

eastgermanautos
08-30-2016, 09:10 AM

What is that swear word? sh!tters, quite frankly?

In any case, Wilshere needs to get back in the groove. It's not a bad play, imo.

AFC East
08-30-2016, 09:24 AM
Never that good in the first place

Seriously?

Tony C
08-30-2016, 09:38 AM
The reality is when everyone is fit he won't even get near the subs bench...so out on loan is the best place.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-30-2016, 09:38 AM
We probably could've got £20m for him in the current market.

Seems like Juventus might be the choice. He's going on loan to a better club :-|

Burney
08-30-2016, 09:42 AM
Seriously?

Yup. Horribly overrated by virtue of being both English and home-grown. The sort of ineffectual, lightweight player people would moan about ceaselessly if Wenger had signed him from abroad.

NZgunner
08-30-2016, 09:48 AM
he's the most one footed player I've ever seen - no loss whatsoever

TheCurly
08-30-2016, 09:49 AM
Yup. Horribly overrated by virtue of being both English and home-grown. The sort of ineffectual, lightweight player people would moan about ceaselessly if Wenger had signed him from abroad.

I make you wrong B.Smashing player whose main problem is that he keeps the ball too near to his feet, which is far and away the stupidest criticism for a footballer ever.

Sir C
08-30-2016, 09:51 AM

Hmm. A tremendously gifted footballer. His Englishness has certainly led to supporters cutting him more slack than other injury-plagued players might have enjoyed, but I don't think anyone has overrated his abilities, tbh.

Sir C
08-30-2016, 09:53 AM
he's the most one footed player I've ever seen - no loss whatsoever

Ah, but it's a good foot, NZ.

Burney
08-30-2016, 09:54 AM
Hmm. A tremendously gifted footballer. His Englishness has certainly led to supporters cutting him more slack than other injury-plagued players might have enjoyed, but I don't think anyone has overrated his abilities, tbh.

Gifted schmifted. His abilities are defined by what he's actually achieved, I'm afraid, not that of which we might imagine him to be capable.

Burney
08-30-2016, 09:56 AM

I wouldn't hold that against him. Maradona's right foot was purely there for balance as far as I could see, but he wasn't a bad little player.

TheCurly
08-30-2016, 09:57 AM
Gifted schmifted. His abilities are defined by what he's actually achieved, I'm afraid, not that of which we might imagine him to be capable.

Hmmmm again,I disagree.It's like having a pop at Gram Parsons or some such for not fufilling their enormous potential instead of just enjoying the work he did do.

Tony C
08-30-2016, 09:59 AM
davor suker too....only had 1 foot but daaaaaaaam! what a foot....

Burney
08-30-2016, 10:02 AM
Hmmmm again,I disagree.It's like having a pop at Gram Parsons or some such for not fufilling their enormous potential instead of just enjoying the work he did do.

That's you speaking as a fan. However, if I were running a record label and wanted results, I would kick an underperforming artist off my books. Similarly, as a club, Arsenal ought to rid themselves of an underperforming player.

TheCurly
08-30-2016, 10:04 AM
That's you speaking as a fan. However, if I were running a record label and wanted results, I would kick an underperforming artist off my books. Similarly, as a club, Arsenal ought to rid themselves of an underperforming player.

Yay we disagree and no-one has called anyone a ****.wd the new mature awimb

Just Trent
08-30-2016, 10:08 AM
Seems like Juventus might be the choice. He's going on loan to a better club :-|

Swapping the bench in London, for the bench in Turin? I'm not sure he's quite grasped the point of a loan move. Surely West Ham would be a better fit?

Burney
08-30-2016, 10:12 AM
Swapping the bench in London, for the bench in Turin? I'm not sure he's quite grasped the point of a loan move. Surely West Ham would be a better fit?

He's always seemed like a natural West Ham player to me.

AFC East
08-30-2016, 11:01 AM

I have to say I totally disagree. The most talented English midfielder since Scholes in my opinion. I really didn't know anyone thought that way about him.

AFC East
08-30-2016, 11:03 AM
Burney, you originally questioned his talent as well as his output. Having seen your other posts, you seem to be backing away from that a bit.

Burney
08-30-2016, 11:05 AM
Burney, you originally questioned his talent as well as his output. Having seen your other posts, you seem to be backing away from that a bit.

No. I said he was never as good as people made out. As I also made clear, 'good' is as much a matter of character and application as talent. Glenn Helder was talented.

AFC East
08-30-2016, 11:25 AM
No. I said he was never as good as people made out. As I also made clear, 'good' is as much a matter of character and application as talent. Glenn Helder was talented.

Fair enough, but I'd say when fit for a spell he was every bit as good as people made out. Glenn Helder was not talented btw, at least not at football.

Burney
08-30-2016, 11:27 AM
Fair enough, but I'd say when fit for a spell he was every bit as good as people made out. Glenn Helder was not talented btw, at least not at football.

I saw Glenn Helder's debut for us. He played like a god. Unfortunately, the rest of the time he played like a dog.

Norn Iron
08-30-2016, 02:50 PM
I would much prefer if Jack stayed especially with our injury record.

Based on Saturday's lineup you would say that Cazorla is first choice and would be partnered with a more defensive minded player (Xhaka, Coquelin or Elneny). That leaves Jack and Ramsey to fight it out as the other CM. I can't imagine Cazorla playing every game and with Ramsey's injury record, I can see Jack getting plenty of minutes. Maybe Wenger has different ideas about the midfield combination though.

TheCurly
08-30-2016, 03:06 PM

Based on Saturday's lineup you would say that Cazorla is first choice and would be partnered with a more defensive minded player (Xhaka, Coquelin or Elneny). That leaves Jack and Ramsey to fight it out as the other CM. I can't imagine Cazorla playing every game and with Ramsey's injury record, I can see Jack getting plenty of minutes. Maybe Wenger has different ideas about the midfield combination though.

He's obviously in the huff for being left out of the England squad

AFC East
08-30-2016, 03:35 PM
I would much prefer if Jack stayed especially with our injury record..

Are you worried about the average days out going down without him?

Norn Iron
08-30-2016, 03:39 PM
Are you worried about the average days out going down without him?

Being injury prone is the only thing holding him back. If fit he's as good as any of our central midfielders.
He's a perfect replacement for Santi imo. More so than Ramsey is. A fit JW is an asset to any team.

devongunner
08-30-2016, 03:56 PM

Lets hope Walcott goes soon then

Mo Britain less Europe
08-30-2016, 06:53 PM

I can see Wenger playing two defensive midfield players in more games than we did last season.

Brexit = Keine Pumpernickel
08-30-2016, 10:14 PM
He's obviously in the huff for being left out of the England squad

Did he deserve to be in the last one?