PDA

View Full Version : It is impossible to get drunk in Iceland

Mo Britain less Europe
08-29-2016, 07:11 PM
unless you are a multi-millionaire.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-29-2016, 08:16 PM

Iceland only sells food, doesn't it? Your best bet is to go to a pub.

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2016, 08:09 AM

Nonsense - I managed three nights in a row and hardly spent a thing

Sir C
08-30-2016, 08:13 AM
Nonsense - I managed three nights in a row and hardly spent a thing

Not everyone has your capacity to drink lighter fluid and diesel, la.

Luis Anaconda
08-30-2016, 08:43 AM
Not everyone has your capacity to drink lighter fluid and diesel, la.
When on a volcano and all that.

I actually drank what someone described as homemade whiskey the other day. That wasn't a good idea

Ash
08-30-2016, 11:54 AM
When on a volcano and all that.

I actually drank what someone described as homemade whiskey the other day. That wasn't a good idea

Once in France with my ex we visited the farmers over the road from her folks' country pad and they served up some kind of home-made plum schnapps. It was rather rough but because I was a polite, if unsophisticated, rosbif rather than the aloof, sneering french urban snobs they sometimes had visiting, I enthusiastically said I liked it. So they gave me the whole bottle. :-|

Burney
08-30-2016, 11:56 AM
Once in France with my ex we visited the farmers over the road from her folks' country pad and they served up some kind of home-made plum schnapps. It was rather rough but because I was a polite, if unsophisticated, rosbif rather than the aloof, sneering french urban snobs they sometimes had visiting, I enthusiatstically said I liked it. So they gave me the whole bottle. :-|

I remember once spending much of a New Year's party trying not to hurl after drinking some Romanian Plum Brandy someone had given me. It was genuinely foul.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-30-2016, 07:04 PM
Serbian plum brandy is pretty decent.

Ash
08-30-2016, 07:10 PM
Serbian plum brandy is pretty decent.

Slivovitsa :cloud9: I love a shot of that at a Slavic Restaurant.

Brexit = Keine Pumpernickel
08-30-2016, 10:09 PM
Slivovitsa :cloud9: I love a shot of that at a Slavic Restaurant.

Had similar in a friend's home in Bulgaria where they served it hot. Nearly blew my balls off but the effect was Grrrrrreat, almost took off into space