PDA

View Full Version : I got this over whelming urge to buy a pick up truck, have a tailgate party

Pat Vegas
08-26-2016, 02:18 PM
and be a general good ol country boy.

It's like I am being influenced by something.

Sir C
08-26-2016, 02:22 PM
and be a general good ol country boy.

It's like I am being influenced by something.

Trailer park. Blonde wife. Barbecue. Perfect.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4ujS1er1r0

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 02:26 PM

I read today that Stevie Van Z actually got Paul Simon's name taken off a South African assassination list :hehe:Is there anything that man CAN'T do?

Sir C
08-26-2016, 02:27 PM
I read today that Stevie Van Z actually got Paul Simon's name taken off a South African assassination list :hehe:Is there anything that man CAN'T do?

Did he? :hehe: wd miami steve.

You know he supplied the riff in Born To Run long before he joined the band? He was in the studio next door, popped in to see his mate Bruce, who said he was struggling with this song that needed something...

Pat Vegas
08-26-2016, 02:27 PM

:cloud9: I love listening to this sort of stuff in the car.

I like the sound of this lifestyle.

Sir C
08-26-2016, 02:33 PM
:cloud9: I love listening to this sort of stuff in the car.

I like the sound of this lifestyle.

****ing hell. Who outside the States has ever heard of the Zac Brown band? (Apart from us). And in the States they're just a C&W band, there's nothing mainstream going on there, is there?

Well check this out:

"In 2015, Forbes estimated that Zac Brown Band's annual income was $32 million"

**** me.

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 02:33 PM
Did he? :hehe: wd miami steve.

You know he supplied the riff in Born To Run long before he joined the band? He was in the studio next door, popped in to see his mate Bruce, who said he was struggling with this song that needed something...

Cool.I try to supply these wee snippets of information when I'm DJ'ing but it's obviously more suited to a radio show than a pub enviroment.Niche in the radio market for a show doing a 'story of the song' type show imho

Sir C
08-26-2016, 02:36 PM
Cool.I try to supply these wee snippets of information when I'm DJ'ing but it's obviously more suited to a radio show than a pub enviroment.Niche in the radio market for a show doing a 'story of the song' type show imho

Have you read this, c, what b got me for my birthday? Essential reading for the muso, imo.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01913WWT8/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Pat Vegas
08-26-2016, 02:36 PM
****ing hell. Who outside the States has ever heard of the Zac Brown band? (Apart from us). And in the States they're just a C&W band, there's nothing mainstream going on there, is there?

Well check this out:

"In 2015, Forbes estimated that Zac Brown Band's annual income was $32 million"

**** me.

Exactly Sir C! They are the few who are still making money out of the music industry.

Here are a few others on the list.

2. Kenny Chesney: $39.8 Million in Total Revenue
7. Luke Bryan: $23.1 Million in Total Revenue
That's more than Adele.

Country folks must be still buying CDs

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 02:40 PM
Have you read this, c, what b got me for my birthday? Essential reading for the muso, imo.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01913WWT8/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1

Yeah saw it advertised.Haven't got around to getting it yet.I most certainly will though.Just finished Graham Nash's book,was excellent

Sir C
08-26-2016, 02:41 PM
Yeah saw it advertised.Haven't got around to getting it yet.I most certainly will though.Just finished Graham Nash's book,was excellent

Wild Tales? I've got it but haven't started it yet. I'll cue it up next. (See what I did there?)

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 02:43 PM
Wild Tales? I've got it but haven't started it yet. I'll cue it up next. (See what I did there?)

I certainly did Sir C,I didn't want to but I did. :-)

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 02:48 PM

Oh btw...went to see Aslan last week :cloud9: Did a 3 song encore,are you ready for this?

1.Crazy - Patsy Cline
2.Green Fields of France - The Fureys
3.Comfortably Numb - The Floyd

Best band in Ireland by a mile

Sir C
08-26-2016, 02:49 PM
Oh btw...went to see Aslan last week :cloud9: Did a 3 song encore,are you ready for this?

1.Crazy - Patsy Cline
2.Green Fields of France - The Fureys
3.Comfortably Numb - The Floyd

Best band in Ireland by a mile

Great stuff. Is yer man clean nowadays?

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 02:53 PM
Great stuff. Is yer man clean nowadays?

Aye.He's been clean about 4 years now.Then he caught the cancer :-( Doing well by all reports

Sir C
08-26-2016, 02:55 PM
Aye.He's been clean about 4 years now.Then he caught the cancer :-( Doing well by all reports

Jesus, the luck on that fella :-(

I often return to their live Wish You Were Here. And Angie.

Ash
08-26-2016, 03:00 PM

Have you heard my DJ joke?

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 03:05 PM
Jesus, the luck on that fella :-(

I often return to their live Wish You Were Here. And Angie.

Apologies for the long story but worth a telling to someone that might appreciate it

2 years ago I took Ciarán Óg to Dublin to see them.It was his first ever live gig (I know! I'm quite ashamed it took me so long)
I was a bit worried about getting him in as it was strictly over 18's so we arrived at the gig very early as bouncers seem to be more accommodating when it's less busy.Turned out it was too early as it hadn't even opened yet so I suggest we retire to the bar next door and sit over a pint for a half hour.Walked in and the place was fúcking rammed.Caught a glimpse of a small free table down at the back and I goes to the bar for a drink and the young 'un went to claim the table.When I came back I happened to notice it twere the Aslan boys at the table next to us.
To cut a very long story short I explained to the boys about his age,they said **** that come in with us.Spent an hour in their green room with them,had a place at the side of the stage reserved for us and they arranged a runner to go to the bar for us.Fúcking TOP night.
On the way home yer man says to me "Daddy are all gigs like that?" :hehe:

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 03:06 PM
Have you heard my DJ joke?

Please do tell.....

Ash
08-26-2016, 03:14 PM
Please do tell.....

First DJ : Are you going to the fillum tonight?
Second DJ: Why, who's the projectionist?

http://basilbrush.com/wp-content/themes/basil-brush-theme/img/basil-brush-lean.png

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 03:16 PM
First DJ : Are you going to the fillum tonight?
Second DJ: Why, who's the projectionist?

http://basilbrush.com/wp-content/themes/basil-brush-theme/img/basil-brush-lean.png

Oh that hurts A :-( Hurts deeply :-(

Ash
08-26-2016, 03:21 PM
Oh that hurts A :-( Hurts deeply :-(

Sorry, I should have said it was a deeply bitter and jealous musicians' joke about DJs.

I apologise and remind you that you will probably make more money from this weekend than I made from gigs in over 20 years. So needless to say you will have the last laugh.

Pat Vegas
08-26-2016, 03:23 PM
Sorry, I should have said it was a deeply bitter and jealous musicians' joke about DJs.

I apologise and remind you that you will probably make more money from this weekend than I made from gigs in over 20 years. So needless to say you will have the last laugh.

I saw an old story that David Guetta cancelled a big gig as he lost his usb stick :-(
What does he do? he stands there with headphones nodding a bit and people go mental.

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 03:24 PM

I didn't say I didn't like it :-)

Ash
08-26-2016, 03:32 PM
I saw an old story that David Guetta cancelled a big gig as he lost his usb stick :-(
What does he do? he stands there with headphones nodding a bit and people go mental.

:hehe:

If you could grind the universe down to a fine powder you would not find a single speck of justice.

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 03:35 PM

If you could grind the universe down to a fine powder you would not find a single speck of justice.

Anyone that prefers a DJ to a live band is a mentaller

Pat Vegas
08-26-2016, 03:38 PM

actually when I was on my trip to Canada I ended up playing with my uncles band one evening in his basement.
Easy sort of old fashioned country stuff. all you need is G, D and C chords. But it was quite fun.
Though I was seriously handicapped with the rubbish guitar they had given. He's a lefty so he only had one cheap old strat style type guitar for me with rusty strings and wouldn't stay in tune.

Then he was like ok SOLO!. I can't solo I am playing on a crappy amp with just a clean travel with pedals what do you want from me! Plus I am shy and it was all unexpected!
but i liked it.

Pat Vegas
08-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Anyone that prefers a DJ to a live band is a mentaller

I get the attraction to the show. It's high energy and great light show. But they don't need to be all facing him like some sort of Fuhrer. just dance about how you want.