PDA

View Full Version : If the signings of Mustafi and Perez are confirmed, will you be

Sir C
08-26-2016, 08:51 AM
happy with this summer's transfer business?

Billy Goat Sverige
08-26-2016, 08:54 AM

Very much so as we've strengthened the spine of the team. Some will argue that we need a "world class" forward but i'm excited to see how things turn out with Perez. From what i've read he's only played as a striker for one or two seasons which explains the crap scoring record.

Luis Anaconda
08-26-2016, 08:59 AM
Yes - though we could do with another German to make sure we are on Sky Sports Deutschland as much as possible. They stopped showing us as much when Poldi left :(

Bergkamp Was Best
08-26-2016, 09:01 AM
Perez...never heard of him...sounds like a back up to Giroud rather than a replacement...time will tell...

Burney
08-26-2016, 09:18 AM

Dunno. I know the thick end of **** all about them. Surely it's a question that can only be answered in May at the earliest?

Ash
08-26-2016, 09:25 AM
Perez...never heard of him...sounds like a back up to Giroud rather than a replacement...time will tell...

Had you heard of Lauren Koscielny when we bought him?

Pat Vegas
08-26-2016, 09:25 AM

Yes. Perhaps our defender injury crisis has actually worked out for the better long term.

I don't know much of Perez but seems like a nice chap.
Don't know about winning the league though. Hopefully we can start playing some nice football though.

Sir C
08-26-2016, 09:45 AM
Yes - though we could do with another German to make sure we are on Sky Sports Deutschland as much as possible. They stopped showing us as much when Poldi left :(

May we have a few words from our German correspondent on what we might expect from Mustafi?

Is he of Turkish extraction, la?

Pat Vegas
08-26-2016, 09:47 AM
May we have a few words from our German correspondent on what we might expect from Mustafi?

He's a ginger albanian.

Sir C
08-26-2016, 09:50 AM
He's a ginger albanian.

A friend for Granite :cloud9:

IUFG
08-26-2016, 09:52 AM
Underwhelmed, save for Xhaka, tbh

Bergkamp Was Best
08-26-2016, 09:56 AM
Had you heard of Lauren Koscielny when we bought him?

I'm just speaking honestly Ash and a lot of Arsenal fans I know feel the same way.

Then again, I'd not heard a lot about Henry before he joined us so we'll see.

7sisters
08-26-2016, 10:25 AM
Yes.. At least we'll have addressed the areas of weakness from last season.
Better late than never.

Luis Anaconda
08-26-2016, 10:31 AM

He's of Albanian origin from a Macedonian family who has played in Italy, Spain and England but oddly never Germany. Will probably enjoy playing alongside Koscielny

TheCurly
08-26-2016, 11:05 AM
Yes.. At least we'll have addressed the areas of weakness from last season.
Better late than never.

I'll not believe until both of the fellows are pictured standing next to Gunnersaurus

Brentwood
08-26-2016, 12:29 PM

I just watched a youtube compilation and I can confirm he's Tony Adams, Paolo Maldini and Sol Campbell all rolled into one. wd Arsene

AFC East
08-26-2016, 03:39 PM
Can we have a Lovely jubbly :4th placed champions" option please?

Sir C
08-26-2016, 03:42 PM
Can we have a Lovely jubbly :4th placed champions" option please?

I must say I'm rather surprised by the optimistic outcome of this poll; admittedly, a very small sample, but 60% of Arsenal fans expressing approval? This is almost unheard of!

Pat Vegas
08-26-2016, 03:45 PM
I must say I'm rather surprised by the optimistic outcome of this poll; admittedly, a very small sample, but 60% of Arsenal fans expressing approval? This is almost unheard of!

Sir C, Wenger will have spent close to or over 100million this window. :yikes:

The fans are now confused. They wanted #madness. But instead he's strengthened in all the area people moaned about. Let's see how it works out.

Plus in my mind Wenger has no intention of leaving next summer. Which is good. Only way he'd go is if the season is a complete and utter disaster.

AFC East
08-26-2016, 03:46 PM
We all want to hope. That's the beauty of football, our hope can be renewed every twelve months. Leicester have made the whole process even easier.

Highbury Harry
08-26-2016, 03:52 PM
Hello...

I think AW has played the waiting game and has got the players that fit the requirements we had. They are not the #madness signings we hoped / expected but they seem decent enough (if you believe what you read...)

Now we have to wait and see if these new chaps can live up to expectations, and I guess we will know in May. We might even know in December when the window opens up and we go through this nightmare process again of expecting the world...

For me it's like when I asked my mum for Adidas trainers for P.E. and she bought me Gola...
(before Gola were so hip and popular that is!)
1978ish...
HH

Ash
08-26-2016, 03:56 PM
We all want to hope. That's the beauty of football, our hope can be renewed every twelve months. Leicester have made the whole process even easier.

It's true. Leicester did what Arsenal were trying to do for ten years, but more so. They should inspire us. Though anything less than a win at Watford and it's over.

Sir C
08-26-2016, 03:57 PM
Hello...

I think AW has played the waiting game and has got the players that fit the requirements we had. They are not the #madness signings we hoped / expected but they seem decent enough (if you believe what you read...)

Now we have to wait and see if these new chaps can live up to expectations, and I guess we will know in May. We might even know in December when the window opens up and we go through this nightmare process again of expecting the world...

For me it's like when I asked my mum for Adidas trainers for P.E. and she bought me Gola...
(before Gola were so hip and popular that is!)
1978ish...
HH

No thought for the Pumas, Harry? :-(

AFC East
08-26-2016, 04:01 PM
It's true. Leicester did what Arsenal were trying to do for ten years, but more so. They should inspire us. Though anything less than a win at Watford and it's over.

It won't technically be over until Bayern knock us out of the Champions League in February, then we'll just have to wait until next August for new hope.

Highbury Harry
08-26-2016, 04:02 PM
No thought for the Pumas, Harry? :-(

No... Never liked them. The Puma kits also look far too tight for an ageing old man like me...

barrybueno
08-26-2016, 07:58 PM
If the senile stingy **** did those earlier the Arse might not be 5 points off the pace...

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-26-2016, 08:40 PM

Let's see what happens when they play a bunch of games. As most of us know squat about both these guys, it is fair to say that we should wait. At least most of us should be happy that Wenger will have strengthened in the keys areas if these players do sign.

Exiled Gunner
08-27-2016, 04:17 AM
I'd have been happy if those two players had come in in time to play for the first match of the season. I know the saying "Better late than never", etc. -- but right now, it looks like Wenger and co really messed things up this summer and season.

Yesterday Once More
08-27-2016, 09:55 AM
I'd have been happy if those two players had come in in time to play for the first match of the season. I know the saying "Better late than never", etc. -- but right now, it looks like Wenger and co really messed things up this summer and season.

Better late than never is ok, up to a point. But the season starts in mid-August, and smart clubs have their players signed up and bedded in for the start. The juciest pickings are rarely left on the tree at this stage in the game. And if they are, you pay a premium price for last-minute shopping.

While the issue may be partly about Wenger's willingness to spend money, it is also about his capacity to attract the very best to the club. Someone like Perez might choose us over Everton because he is content with a Club who can offer Champions' League football, but that clearly cut no ice with Jamie Vardy let alone the likes of Griezmann. When he first took over as manager, he established Arsenal as a club with ambition and himself as a manager capable of realising that ambition - though remember Bergkamp was signed before Wenger arrived, and that was a hugh statement of intent by the club. Now, Arsenal under Wenger are not a club who a world-class player or his agent would join to win major honours. Arguably Ozil and Sanchez are in that bracket, though if rumours are to be believed they regret their decision in the light of Wenger's underwhelming management since then.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-27-2016, 01:44 PM

My thoughts exactly.

If we'd lost to LFC, we could have said - that Mustafi will be fine when Kos is back.
If Perez hadn't scored we could have gone - he'll be great when he has Ozzy behind him.

But we've blown 5 points and have now bought the 2 positions we've needed all summer.