PDA

View Full Version : After reading the sticky thread and some of the comments. I can not help but think

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 03:01 PM
that I am somewhat responsible for the decline in Awimb.

Hijacking threads is how I made my name here.
Off topic items = yep about 95% of my posts have nothing to do with football. Probably as I am not an expert.

:-( Sorry.

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:07 PM

Off topic items = yep about 95% of my posts have nothing to do with football. Probably as I am not an expert.

How dare you, f? I am the great evil afflicting AWIMB. A couple of people who hardly ever post said so, so it must be true.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-25-2016, 03:11 PM

modd's post were 90% about football (post US election) and he probably pissed off more people than you, F.

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 03:11 PM
How dare you, f? I am the great evil afflicting AWIMB. A couple of people who hardly ever post said so, so it must be true.

I was thinking about this.
Whilst some long term awimbers have left due to your presence. (according to them)
I do wonder why? Sure we've all had heated debates and disagree on different things. But you don't strike me as a bully type character looking for his next scalp.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-25-2016, 03:12 PM
Tbf I would rather have had lasagne on the plane today.

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 03:14 PM
modd's post were 90% about football (post US election) and he probably pissed off more people than you, F.

Thing is there is not much to say about Arsenal these days.

the 2 factions were like this. If you are positive about Arsenal you are called AKB by some. and if you want some change you are branded a moron.

But now there is a whole in between area. Everything is a bit meh. I think it reflects the current climate at the ground.

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:17 PM
I was thinking about this.
Whilst some long term awimbers have left due to your presence. (according to them)
I do wonder why? Sure we've all had heated debates and disagree on different things. But you don't strike me as a bully type character looking for his next scalp.

You would have to ask them, f. I am aware that my political views are not to everyone's taste and can be a little brusque when roused, I will admit, but I am certainly not the rabid beast some seem to suggest. Equally, some people do like to insult and needle me and then cry foul when I hit back. :shrug:

Jake
08-25-2016, 03:18 PM

lol @ mm's return to the headmaster's office

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:18 PM
Tbf I would rather have had lasagne on the plane today.

Do you know the best food I've had on an economy flight, mo? Singapore Airlines. Lovely, it was. Actually tasted of something.

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 03:20 PM
Do you know the best food I've had on an economy flight, mo? Singapore Airlines. Lovely, it was. Actually tasted of something.

I had a nice meal on Air canada once which was a nice surprise.
Though I can not eat the weird half white half brown roll they give you with it. :puke:

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:20 PM
lol @ mm's return to the headmaster's office

Yes. Odd one, that. Thing was, as far as I was aware, mm and I had got on fine for ages on here. Not bosom buddies or anything, but not especially antagonistic either. Then he became convinced I was modd and got quite odd about it, causing me to defend myself robustly. :shrug:

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:22 PM
I had a nice meal on Air canada once which was a nice surprise.
Though I can not eat the weird half white half brown roll they give you with it. :puke:

I had a sandwich in San Diego that can in brown bread with a big white swirl in it - or possibly the other way around. Anyway, it was a good sandwich. Lots of pastrami and cheese and pickles and such. Drank it with London Pride, which you can get relatively easily out there.

Jake
08-25-2016, 03:23 PM
Yes. Odd one, that. Thing was, as far as I was aware, mm and I had got on fine for ages on here. Not bosom buddies or anything, but not especially antagonistic either. Then he became convinced I was modd and got quite odd about it, causing me to defend myself robustly. :shrug:

puberty 'n hormones 'n that

Sir C
08-25-2016, 03:24 PM
I had a sandwich in San Diego that can in brown bread with a big white swirl in it - or possibly the other way around. Anyway, it was a good sandwich. Lots of pastrami and cheese and pickles and such. Drank it with London Pride, which you can get relatively easily out there.

The best mashed potato I've ever eaten was on a BA long haul flight. In economy, as well.

I still dream about that mashed potato.

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 03:25 PM

:nod: I was surprised how popular Newcastle Brown Ale is over there.

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:31 PM
The best mashed potato I've ever eaten was on a BA long haul flight. In economy, as well.

I still dream about that mashed potato.

Mind you, one of the worst things I've ever been served was on a BA flight to Gothenburg. It was a cooked breakfast consisting of a catering sausage, a piece of pallid, fatty bacon, an amorphous lump of egg thing and a tinned tomato - all in the same compartment and infecting each other. Still ate it, mind.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-25-2016, 03:33 PM
Why on earth are they thinking of bringing the Great Auk back to life for goodness sake?

Sir C
08-25-2016, 03:35 PM
Why on earth are they thinking of bringing the Great Auk back to life for goodness sake?

It's that darned multiculturalism again, m.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-25-2016, 03:38 PM
My cousin should never have moved to Melbourne. Yes, the wife's a nice girl but already has three grown-up kids. There could be trouble ahead.

Sir C
08-25-2016, 03:38 PM
Mind you, one of the worst things I've ever been served was on a BA flight to Gothenburg. It was a cooked breakfast consisting of a catering sausage, a piece of pallid, fatty bacon, an amorphous lump of egg thing and a tinned tomato - all in the same compartment and infecting each other. Still ate it, mind.

I usually quite like the airline breakfast sausage thing, but they can indeed be horrendous.

Apparently Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Lufthansa's First Class catering is pretty remarkable. The on-board chefs are available throughout the flight so you order when you want to eat... Singapore's lobster thermidor is considered as good as anything available on the ground.

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:39 PM

Indeed. If it were all that great, it wouldn't have gone extinct in the first place imo. I'd prefer it if they re-introduced wolfs.

I like these interjections of yours, m. They really help to pick up a flagging thread. :thumbup:

Sir C
08-25-2016, 03:40 PM
My cousin should never have moved to Melbourne. Yes, the wife's a nice girl but already has three grown-up kids. There could be trouble ahead.

One knows so little of the Antipodes, m. It is a source of much regret. The people, I believe, are absolute savages, but I hear tales of unspoilt vistas and vast empty spaces.

Have you ever failed to carry a hi vis vest whilst motoring in France?

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:41 PM
I usually quite like the airline breakfast sausage thing, but they can indeed be horrendous.

Apparently Singapore Airlines, Emirates and Lufthansa's First Class catering is pretty remarkable. The on-board chefs are available throughout the flight so you order when you want to eat... Singapore's lobster thermidor is considered as good as anything available on the ground.

Where do they keep the galley for this chap to do his business?

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 03:41 PM

The sausage is a bit like the stuff in McDonalds breakfast?
wish I could find that type of sausage here.

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:42 PM
One knows so little of the Antipodes, m. It is a source of much regret. The people, I believe, are absolute savages, but I hear tales of unspoilt vistas and vast empty spaces.

It's the breathalysers I resent. Two of the ****ers! :furious:

Sir C
08-25-2016, 03:42 PM
Where do they keep the galley for this chap to do his business?

Depends on the aircraft. A number have a downstairs - an area of the hold accessible from the passenger deck.

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:43 PM

I make my own sometimes when I have muffins and feel the urge for a homemade McMuffin. It's basically pork mince, salt, dried sage and pepper. Easy-peasy.

Sir C
08-25-2016, 03:43 PM

But of course because the law was utterly ignored by the local population, they changed the penalty for failing to carry them to... no penalty. :hehe:

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:44 PM
Depends on the aircraft. A number have a downstairs - an area of the hold accessible from the passenger deck.

I see. Fire on an aeroplane would seem risky.

Btw, do I not get any points for saying 'galley' and not 'kitchen'? :-(

Sir C

Sausage? In First? My dear fellow, I could have you deported back to Premium Economy for such a slight.

Mo Britain less Europe

Funny you should ask that.

On a camping tri at school it rained so much I actually lost one of my trainers to the mud. Worst of it was they were brand new Nike Daybreaks. Lovely bit of trainer that.

Pat Vegas
I make my own sometimes when I have muffins and feel the urge for a homemade McMuffin. It's basically pork mince, salt, dried sage and pepper. Easy-peasy.

:thumbup: I have the flat to myself from next week for a couple of weeks so I will experiment in the kitchen.

Confession time. Last time she was away I bought a load of plastic plates to save on the washing up :hide:

Sir C
08-25-2016, 03:46 PM
Funny you should ask that.

On a camping tri at school it rained so much I actually lost one of my trainers to the mud. Worst of it was they were brand new Nike Daybreaks. Lovely bit of trainer that.

That's a good point, actually. So many people make the mistake of moving the meat around the pan. Just let it sit there to build a crust, ffs!

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:46 PM
:thumbup: I have the flat to myself from next week for a couple of weeks so I will experiment in the kitchen.

Confession time. Last time she was away I bought a load of plastic plates to save on the washing up :hide:

Good man. Don't skimp with the black pepper.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-25-2016, 03:48 PM
Apparently it wasn't always a given that Poirot would be sporting that huge tache. Makes you think doesn't it?

Sir C
I see. Fire on an aeroplane would seem risky.

Btw, do I not get any points for saying 'galley' and not 'kitchen'? :-(

Perhaps they have those induction jobbies?

I did notice, but thought I'd allow you style it out with some panache by not mentioning it. I am impressed, naturally.

Burney
That's a good point, actually. So many people make the mistake of moving the meat around the pan. Just let it sit there to build a crust, ffs!

Do you think it would be rude to explain the difference between a tangent and a non-sequitur to mo?

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:50 PM
Apparently it wasn't always a given that Poirot would be sporting that huge tache. Makes you think doesn't it?

Apparently, Agatha Christie fùcking hated Poirot. Really hated him.

Sir C
08-25-2016, 03:50 PM
Do you think it would be rude to explain the difference between a tangent and a non-sequitur to mo?

I did wonder, but I'm rather intrigued to find out where his stream of consciousness will take us.

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:51 PM
Perhaps they have those induction jobbies?

I did notice, but thought I'd allow you style it out with some panache by not mentioning it. I am impressed, naturally.

I do quite like the idea of a little Chinesey chap beavering away below decks knocking up a lobster thermidor. As long as you don't tell him it was rubbery, I suppose.

Sir C
08-25-2016, 03:52 PM

I'll have no truck with the fellow. Belgian, see?

Now Maigret. There's a detective for you. Have you ever mused, as I often have, whether, should Inspector Maigret have opened the batting for the Police Judiciare First Xl, and should be, by chance, be be bowled first ball, would it be rude to describe him as a Maigret de Canard?

BOOM!

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:52 PM
I did wonder, but I'm rather intrigued to find out where his stream of consciousness will take us.

Yes. I'm also quite enjoying the conversational gymnastics.

Burney
08-25-2016, 03:54 PM
I'll have no truck with the fellow. Belgian, see?

Now Maigret. There's a detective for you. Have you ever mused, as I often have, whether, should Inspector Maigret have opened the batting for the Police Judiciare First Xl, and should be, by chance, be be bowled first ball, would it be rude to describe him as a Maigret de Canard?

BOOM!

Oh, very good. :clap:

Mind you, Simenon was Belgian. You realise that, of course?

Also, technically, he wouldn't have to be bowled first ball for it to be a canard. That would be un canard d'or.

Sir C
08-25-2016, 03:56 PM
Oh, very good. :clap:

ty b.

Yes, but I can ignore Simenon and concentrate on the good detective.

Burney
08-25-2016, 04:00 PM
ty b.

Yes, but I can ignore Simenon and concentrate on the good detective.

Yes. Ignore him. Best way with Belgians if you ask me.

Ash
08-25-2016, 04:05 PM

Back to this again.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/attachments/f13-music-downloads-and-streaming/7920d1379791236-clash-london-calling-london.jpg

So was Siouxsie Sioux.

Ash
08-25-2016, 04:05 PM

Why, do the french police not have any of their own?

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-25-2016, 04:08 PM
Back to this again.

http://www.computeraudiophile.com/attachments/f13-music-downloads-and-streaming/7920d1379791236-clash-london-calling-london.jpg

So was Siouxsie Sioux.

:bow: I miss avatars :-(

Sir C
08-25-2016, 05:13 PM
Back to this again.

So was Siouxsie Sioux.

Nicely done, a.

Fast Eddie
08-27-2016, 09:27 AM

Not at all, son. You have no agenda or vendetta.

You being the most lovable of characters on AWIMB put your hat forward as mod and would be trusted to be neutral.