PDA

View Full Version : We've got to find a new cleaner. How does one do this?

Burney
08-25-2016, 11:58 AM
The last one was a sort of friend. How do you make sure they won't rob you?

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 12:00 PM

When I was in LA I saw vans driving around for 'topless maids'
Seems a strange service.

Sir C
08-25-2016, 12:01 PM

Postcard in the newsagent's window, wait for a Polish applicant.

Your Pole is a decent, honest, hard-working, essentially Catholic sort of person, you see. Can't go wrong.

Burney
08-25-2016, 12:04 PM
Postcard in the newsagent's window, wait for a Polish applicant.

Your Pole is a decent, honest, hard-working, essentially Catholic sort of person, you see. Can't go wrong.

Yes, I certainly don't want an English won. They will almost certainly steal. I imagine the glw will be in charge of recruitment, so **** all chance of a decent looking one. :rolleyes:

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 12:07 PM
Yes, I certainly don't want an English won. They will almost certainly steal. I imagine the glw will be in charge of recruitment, so **** all chance of a decent looking one. :rolleyes:

Websites like this won give you photos
https://housekeep.com/housekeepers/ all things considered i'll pick rimante.

Sir C
08-25-2016, 12:09 PM

I must say, whilst my attitude to home security might be considered lax by many, I find the idea of cleaning ladies stealing to be somewhat unlikely. I mean, given that you're probably not in the habit of leaving £30k in cash lying around the place, taking the chance of nicking the odd bit of change would seem kind of counter-productive for the cleanerthief. 'Cos she's going to get sacked for the sake of 87p.

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 12:11 PM
I must say, whilst my attitude to home security might be considered lax by many, I find the idea of cleaning ladies stealing to be somewhat unlikely. I mean, given that you're probably not in the habit of leaving £30k in cash lying around the place, taking the chance of nicking the odd bit of change would seem kind of counter-productive for the cleanerthief. 'Cos she's going to get sacked for the sake of 87p.

Same goes for Hotel housekeepers, They really don't often steal things. Happens now and again.
They don't have time to steal as they are too busy watching Jimmy Floyd Hasslebaink.

I'd be more concerned that the cleaner may knock over one of my guitars.

Sir C
08-25-2016, 12:12 PM

They call her Rima :-(

I know a girl has to earn a living and all, but that seems harsh.

Burney
08-25-2016, 12:14 PM

They all look a bit grubby. And not in a good way. :-(

Burney
08-25-2016, 12:16 PM

Yes, but they might case the joint for their criminal associates. :-(

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 12:16 PM
They call her Rima :-(

I know a girl has to earn a living and all, but that seems harsh.

I was thinking that. Though it could be handy. 'WHAT ARE YOU DOING WITH THE CLEANER?'
I was just calling her name and she misunderstood! :shrug: I didn't want to destroy her confidence upset her by telling she got the wrong end of the stick. We are all EU members at the end of the day :hug:

TheCurly
08-25-2016, 12:19 PM

The auld fella had a cleaner for about 18 months.Girl was a living saint.Not only did what she was paid to do but brought him his beers and 1/4 of Scotch in every day.Sat and played cards with him well after her 2 hours.
I tried to bung her a few extra shackles at Chrimbo which she point blank refused.Instead,as a favour she asked me to nip into the city centre and pick up the 3 homeless people she'd invited to Christmas dinner.I actually think she was Jesus

Sir C
08-25-2016, 12:19 PM
Yes, but they might case the joint for their criminal associates. :-(

It's entirely possible, I suppose; yet one wonders idly whether, should a criminal mastermind put his mob to such lengths, they would choose to plant their mole in your most charming of abodes.

Of course Roman Abramovich might not need a new cleaner this week, and you may well be next on the list. :nod:

Burney
08-25-2016, 12:24 PM
The auld fella had a cleaner for about 18 months.Girl was a living saint.Not only did what she was paid to do but brought him his beers and 1/4 of Scotch in every day.Sat and played cards with him well after her 2 hours.
I tried to bung her a few extra shackles at Chrimbo which she point blank refused.Instead,as a favour she asked me to nip into the city centre and pick up the 3 homeless people she'd invited to Christmas dinner.I actually think she was Jesus

You can't trust anyone that good, c. They've got to be up to something.

Monty92
08-25-2016, 12:26 PM

We've got literally the only English cleaner in London, Clive. She's a pwoper cockeny geezerbird who also works in a pub on Blackstock Road.

Absolutely ****ing munting.

TheCurly
08-25-2016, 12:27 PM

She was in bits at his funeral B.I think she took a shine to the auld bastįrd

Sir C
08-25-2016, 12:28 PM

You put homeless people in your car, c :-( But what about the smell?

I suppose they got used to it eventually.

BOOM!

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 12:29 PM

I am wary of this young simple lad who helps out my great auntie doing odd jobs.
He's after my inheritance

Burney
08-25-2016, 12:36 PM
I am wary of this young simple lad who helps out my great auntie doing odd jobs.
He's after my inheritance

He's probably ****ing her, f :-(

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 12:37 PM
He's probably ****ing her, f :-(

:-( she said she met his parents.

Though she's going mental so it's probably not even true.