PDA

View Full Version : 12 years ago today we equalled Forest's unbeaten league run when we

Sir C
08-25-2016, 10:20 AM
beat 'Boro 5-3 at Highbury.

Scorers Henry 2, Bergkamp, Reyes, Pires. :-(

'Twas also the day I met the glw :cloud9:

Burney
08-25-2016, 10:25 AM

Gosh. Expensive day out, that. ;-) Congratulations, of course.

What year was it you got married, btw? I was trying to remember how long it is since I've had a beard.

Sir C
08-25-2016, 10:27 AM
Gosh. Expensive day out, that. ;-) Congratulations, of course.

What year was it you got married, btw? I was trying to remember how long it is since I've had a beard.

2009. You were like Captain Birdseye, as I recall.

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 10:29 AM

What a game, It wouldn't happen these days as half the fans would have left at half time after shouting at mr wenger.

Burney
08-25-2016, 10:30 AM
2009. You were like Captain Birdseye, as I recall.

I know. And that was 7 years ago. :-( Imagine what it'd look like now.

Sir C
08-25-2016, 10:33 AM
What a game, It wouldn't happen these days as half the fans would have left at half time after shouting at mr wenger.

The thing was that even at 1-3, I had not the slightest doubt that we would win, and neither did the majority of the crowd.

I suspect Fabregas was playing because Vieira was injured; it may even be the day 'He's only 17, He's better than Roy Keane' was first sung.

Burney
08-25-2016, 10:36 AM
The thing was that even at 1-3, I had not the slightest doubt that we would win, and neither did the majority of the crowd.

I suspect Fabregas was playing because Vieira was injured; it may even be the day 'He's only 17, He's better than Roy Keane' was first sung.

It was a very silly game, really. We might as well not have been on the pitch for the first half hour and they might as well not have been for the remainder.

TheCurly
08-25-2016, 10:38 AM
It was a very silly game, really. We might as well not have been on the pitch for the first half hour and they might as well not have been for the remainder.

I seem to recall one of their goals was a shot from half way down the Seven Sisters Road :-(

Sir C
08-25-2016, 10:39 AM
I seem to recall one of their goals was a shot from half way down the Seven Sisters Road :-(

The free kick? Jens just went to sleep, really :hehe:

Burney
08-25-2016, 10:41 AM

Yes. A left-footed curler that Lehmann (I think) ****ed up.

TheCurly
08-25-2016, 10:41 AM
The free kick? Jens just went to sleep, really :hehe:

Yeah,think that was it...Jimmy Floyd?

Burney
08-25-2016, 10:43 AM

Probably. Baboon-faced ***** always used to score against us.

*Not racist. He looked like a baboon.

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 10:44 AM

:nod: I watched this won on telly. I remember we scored and they showed the reply only to go straight back to the action. REEEYYYYYYYYESSS at least the cameras caught that. They missed a couple in later years. Adebayor with that overhead kick thing in the Champions league. and Fabregas against Tottenham they were still showing replays of van Persies goal.

Though that unbeaten run started to make every game feel like a cup final.

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 10:46 AM

I think it was Joseph-Desire Job or Quadrue
I remember he scored one smashing it to the top of the net.

Brentwood
08-25-2016, 11:02 AM
Probably. Baboon-faced ***** always used to score against us.

*Not racist. He looked like a baboon.

A bloke I know reckons his mate worked as a cleaner in a hotel and once walked in on JFH being sodomised

Burney
08-25-2016, 11:17 AM
A bloke I know reckons his mate worked as a cleaner in a hotel and once walked in on JFH being sodomised

Good heavens. When you say 'sodomised', I assume you mean by a chap? With his todger?

I mean we all admired his thighs, but that's going a bit far. :-(

Burney
08-25-2016, 11:18 AM
I think it was Joseph-Desire Job or Quadrue
I remember he scored one smashing it to the top of the net.

Quadrue! That was the chap!