PSRB
08-25-2016, 08:53 AM
apparently a bit of a steal

In other news, CL draw is fixed

Sir C
08-25-2016, 08:55 AM

These rumours are becoming a little, well, tedious, really.

Yesterday I saw someone claiming the imminent signing of Griezmann. :rolleyes:

Burney
08-25-2016, 08:58 AM

It's not just us, is it? Nobody seems to get as excited about the transfer window as they used to.

Rich
08-25-2016, 08:58 AM

That's underwhelming. Suppose he'd only be a back up to Giroud.

Burney
08-25-2016, 08:59 AM
That's underwhelming. Suppose he'd only be a back up to Giroud.

To be fair, r, signing anyone less than the second coming of Christ would underwhelm you.

PSRB
08-25-2016, 09:01 AM

I rather liked this on Twitter today "Unreal, Arsenal fans created the Griezmann rumours themselves, believed it and now are blaming Arsenal for not completing the signing 😂"

7sisters
08-25-2016, 09:26 AM
I rather liked this on Twitter today "Unreal, Arsenal fans created the Griezmann rumours themselves, believed it and now are blaming Arsenal for not completing the signing ��"

Does sort of widen the debate of how a club like Atletico, with 50% of our revenues and net worth are able to consistently make so many top class signings and perform so well, both domestically, and perhaps more relevantly, in the CL, year after year..

TheCurly
08-25-2016, 09:30 AM
Does sort of widen the debate of how a club like Atletico, with 50% of our revenues and net worth are able to consistently make so many top class signings and perform so well, both domestically, and perhaps more relevantly, in the CL, year after year..

Probably because they only need to turn up a dozen times a season in La Liga.The gap between the top half of the table and the bottom half is almost as wide as Ray Davies' front teeth

eastgermanautos
08-25-2016, 09:35 AM
To be fair, r, signing anyone less than the second coming of Christ would underwhelm you.

La Coruna to you, punk.

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 09:35 AM

Though to be fair as I've never heard of this bloke and looking at his statistics he is rather underwhelming.
Maybe he's another Wenger diamond in the rough.

7sisters
08-25-2016, 09:42 AM
Probably because they only need to turn up a dozen times a season in La Liga.The gap between the top half of the table and the bottom half is almost as wide as Ray Davies' front teeth

There's something in the amount of games played but I'm not massively convinced that lower table Spanish clubs are far worse than those in the Prem.
That argument aside, you can't not look a little enviously at what's achieved at Atletico.

Just Trent
08-25-2016, 09:44 AM
We're stealing him from Everton Pat. He's basically a Spanish version of Tomasz Radzinski.

TheCurly
08-25-2016, 09:46 AM
There's something in the amount of games played but I'm not massively convinced that lower table Spanish clubs are far worse than those in the Prem.
That argument aside, you can't not look a little enviously at what's achieved at Atletico.

No doubt they are punching above their weight

Pat Vegas
08-25-2016, 09:47 AM
We're stealing him from Everton Pat. He's basically a Spanish version of Tomasz Radzinski.

:cloud9: One of the finest pretendy Canadian players in the Premier League.

Actually I welcome any new signing and will cheer them on and wish they do their best for the club.
I like the look of this new chap as he seems to be smiley.

Just Trent
08-25-2016, 09:55 AM
What about our loan deal for Bony though? Is that off now? Still, I suppose it keeps Sanogo one place further away from the team. WD Lucas Perez.