PDA

View Full Version : Howdy Ho Awimbos....

Clive Jenkins
08-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Good day to you all :wave: I love this particular font. amazing!

Sir C
08-24-2016, 03:01 PM
Good day to you all :wave: I love this particular font. amazing!

Is that the Comic Sans about which people become enraged? I have always found this most puzzling. How can the shape of some letters on a screen drive people to absolute heights of outrage?

Burney
08-24-2016, 03:06 PM
Is that the Comic Sans about which people become enraged? I have always found this most puzzling. How can the shape of some letters on a screen drive people to absolute heights of outrage?

Even the man who invented it opposes its use in serious correspondence. True story.

Ash
08-24-2016, 03:06 PM

Sneery fashion, innit. I was in a restaurant the other day and one of our number expressed outrage at having to order from a menu in comic sans. I found it rather funny.

TheCurly
08-24-2016, 03:07 PM

I'm outraged there's no 10th century Monk writing font.Big fúck off colourful capital letters that take up half a page

Sir C
08-24-2016, 03:08 PM
Sneery fashion, innit. I was in a restaurant the other day and one of our number expressed outrage at having to order from a menu in comic sans. I found it rather funny.

Jesus F Christ. Wánkers to a man.

Sir C
08-24-2016, 03:08 PM
I'm outraged there's no 10th century Monk writing font.Big fúck off colourful capital letters that take up half a page

Somewon must have produced that c. Maybe you can download it from the Vatican website?

Sir C
08-24-2016, 03:10 PM
Even the man who invented it opposes its use in serious correspondence. True story.

'opposes its use'. What a wánker. Prefer not to use it for serious correspodence? Perfectly natural. 'oppose' someone else doing it?

Wánker. Small-minded, dictatorial, fashion-led, virtue-signalling, holier-than-thou ****.

Fact.

Burney
08-24-2016, 03:22 PM
'opposes its use'. What a wánker. Prefer not to use it for serious correspodence? Perfectly natural. 'oppose' someone else doing it?

Wánker. Small-minded, dictatorial, fashion-led, virtue-signalling, holier-than-thou ****.

Fact.

He designed it at Microsoft's behest for use in informal documents and children's literature. It never occurred to him that adults would use it this widely.
I find it offensive because I love a good font. Gill Sans is a thing of beauty (even if its inventor did **** his kids and his dog). Why would you use Comic Sans when such lovely alternatives exist?

Sir C
08-24-2016, 03:23 PM
He designed it at Microsoft's behest for use in informal documents and children's literature. It never occurred to him that adults would use it this widely.
I find it offensive because I love a good font. Gill Sans is a thing of beauty (even if its inventor did **** his kids and his dog). Why would you use Comic Sans when such lovely alternatives exist?

You find it offensive.

Fúck my old boots.

I'm off for a lie down.

Pat Vegas
08-24-2016, 03:29 PM

It reminds me of the sort of font used at school or at work.
Something like this.

EMPLOYEE OF THE MONTH

STAFF PARTY!

Burney
08-24-2016, 03:31 PM
You find it offensive.

Fúck my old boots.

I'm off for a lie down.

Aesthetically, yes. The same way you find my choice of car offensive.

TheCurly
08-24-2016, 03:45 PM
Somewon must have produced that c. Maybe you can download it from the Vatican website?

I suppose this will have to do

barrybueno
08-24-2016, 08:34 PM
I agree with you C, Burnley can do one one this occasion, it's a lovely friendly font imo.

I bet he's a Times New Roman old fogey