PDA

View Full Version : That Earthquake in Italy :-(

Pat Vegas
08-24-2016, 10:21 AM
poor old fellas and women in a small town living there all their lives.
See half it wiped out overnight but be a big shock.

I spent sometime in some of these smaller towns last summer. Really are the places time have forgot I like that you have roman ruins everywhere. They are so common they are not even 'protected'

TheCurly
08-24-2016, 10:27 AM

I spent sometime in some of these smaller towns last summer. Really are the places time have forgot I like that you have roman ruins everywhere. They are so common they are not even 'protected'

I put my sandwich wrapping into a bin facing the Coliseum F.The bin was older than the Bible.Beautiful marble bástard it were.A bin.

Burney
08-24-2016, 10:27 AM

Yes. I'm very much in favour of living in a country that doesn't suffer from earthquakes, volcanoes, tornadoes, mudslides, ice storms or anything much above a bit of a blow and the odd flood. These things - combined with our lack of dangerous animals - all convince me that God clearly designed Britain to be substantially better than other places.

Burney
08-24-2016, 10:28 AM
I put my sandwich wrapping into a bin facing the Coliseum F.The bin was older than the Bible.Beautiful marble bástard it were.A bin.

Seems foolish to make a bin out of marble, c. Think of the poor bin men! :-(

Pat Vegas
08-24-2016, 10:30 AM

:-)
I saw a show about Rome I think it was Scam City. Those gladiator dudes who rip off tourists with photos or the people selling tours all report to this shady character. If you turn up to do this yourself you might end up getting killed.

TheCurly
08-24-2016, 10:31 AM
Seems foolish to make a bin out of marble, c. Think of the poor bin men! :-(

Back in the day the binmen of Rome were all Nubians.Big muscley ****ers

Pat Vegas
08-24-2016, 10:37 AM
Back in the day the binmen of Rome were all Nubians.Big muscley ****ers

And probably not contractors who do a terrible service.
We have our bins collected on Tuesday Mornings.

3 different groups of binmen arrive to 'collect' when they feel like it my separated rubbish.

I am sure they have special job titles now. waste management and disposal technician and what not.
With such a job title I would hope they would perhaps put the bins back where they were. Or at least give me the correct bins back. The other week I ended up with 2 extra wons.

TheCurly
08-24-2016, 10:43 AM
And probably not contractors who do a terrible service.
We have our bins collected on Tuesday Mornings.

3 different groups of binmen arrive to 'collect' when they feel like it my separated rubbish.

I am sure they have special job titles now. waste management and disposal technician and what not.
With such a job title I would hope they would perhaps put the bins back where they were. Or at least give me the correct bins back. The other week I ended up with 2 extra wons.

There was a smashing wee plaque on it F
To paraphrase...."please don't smash this bin.It is older than the countries you fúckers come from"

Burney
08-24-2016, 10:45 AM
To paraphrase...."please don't smash this bin.It is older than the countries you fúckers come from"

Thing is, of course, the Coliseum only looks like that because every fücker stole the dressed stone to use elsewhere. The idea of conservation of these things is a very new one.

Pat Vegas
08-24-2016, 10:45 AM

:hehe: Speaking of signs
There was weird wons at the Vatican in the entrance to the public toilets.
'DO NOT STAND IN THIS AREA' but loads of them.

I wonder why :sherlock:

TheCurly
08-24-2016, 10:47 AM
Thing is, of course, the Coliseum only looks like that because every fücker stole the dressed stone to use elsewhere. The idea of conservation of these things is a very new one.

How DARE you suggest I broke a bit of the Coliseum off and it's sitting on my mantlepiece.How dare you.