The Wire
The West Wing
Band of Brothers
Peaky Blinders
GoT
Breaking Bad
Narcos
House of Cards

I have tried The Shield but it's a bit meh,watched 3 episodes of Man In The High Castle,couldn't get into it

I know this is a pleasing list but what are YOUR favourites?

Burney
08-23-2016, 03:33 PM
So
I've finished..
The Wire
The West Wing
Band of Brothers
Peaky Blinders
GoT
Breaking Bad
Narcos
House of Cards

I have tried The Shield but it's a bit meh,watched 3 episodes of Man In The High Castle,couldn't get into it

You could try Mr Robot. 11:22:63, Stranger Things for starters. The first series of Orange Is The New Black wasn't bad, but I went off it after that. The missus still likes it, though.

Sir C
08-23-2016, 03:35 PM
So
I've finished..
The Wire
The West Wing
Band of Brothers
Peaky Blinders
GoT
Breaking Bad
Narcos
House of Cards

Sopranos, c?

TheCurly
08-23-2016, 03:35 PM
You could try Mr Robot. 11:22:63, Stranger Things for starters. The first series of Orange Is The New Black wasn't bad, but I went off it after that. The missus still likes it, though.

Oh I omitted 11:22:63...good not great
I may try Stranger Things next :thumbup:

SWv2
08-23-2016, 03:36 PM
So
I've finished..
The Wire
The West Wing
Band of Brothers
Peaky Blinders
GoT
Breaking Bad
Narcos
House of Cards

The Tunnel?

TheCurly
08-23-2016, 03:36 PM
Sopranos, c?

:homer: Yeah watched it.loved it.
And against my better wishes I loved Cumberland's Sherlock

TheCurly
08-23-2016, 03:38 PM
The Tunnel?

Haven't heard of this one SW,plotline?

SWv2
08-23-2016, 03:40 PM
Haven't heard of this one SW,plotline?

Big tunnel, dead people, french bint/fox. No helicopters though.

Ash
08-23-2016, 03:41 PM
So
I've finished..
The Wire
The West Wing
Band of Brothers
Peaky Blinders
GoT
Breaking Bad
Narcos
House of Cards

One of MY favourites was Penny Dreadful, but then I have a bit of a thing for 19th century London gothic. Though I see Boardwalk Empire wasn't on your list. I'd recommend that to anyone with a pulse. Have you seen the original House of Cards? Ian Richardson :cloud9:

TheCurly
08-23-2016, 03:41 PM

It's like Mark Kermode wasn't dead :thumbup:

TheCurly
08-23-2016, 03:43 PM
One of MY favourites was Penny Dreadful, but then I have a bit of a thing for 19th century London gothic. Though I see Boardwalk Empire wasn't on your list. I'd recommend that to anyone with a pulse. Have you seen the original House of Cards? Ian Richardson :cloud9:

I obviously didn't think this the whole way through A
Watched all those.The HoC original was far superior imho
I apologise for wasting your time and effort at this time.

Burney
08-23-2016, 03:45 PM

Oh, no-one said anything about great. These are all good rather than great.

Burney
08-23-2016, 03:46 PM

I got very bored of Boardwalk Empire after the first season and gave up on it. The pace was shockingly slow.

SWv2
08-23-2016, 03:47 PM
It's like Mark Kermode wasn't dead :thumbup:

I don't want to spoil it for you so just gave you an essence, a trailer as such. Well worth watching.

I assume you saw Love/Hate.

Burney

Also, you could try Vinyl. It's very silly and they cancelled it after one season, but it's quite funny from a music business point of view.

Ash

The French bint was one of the best detective characters ever. An autistic copper? Surely hasn't been done before if you don't count Holmes.

Burney
08-23-2016, 03:49 PM
The French bint was one of the best detective characters ever. An autistic copper? Surely hasn't been done before if you don't count Holmes.

Wasn't there that one 'Monk'? He was an autist, I think. Or he had OCD. Same difference, anyway.

Ash
08-23-2016, 03:49 PM
I obviously didn't think this the whole way through A
Watched all those.The HoC original was far superior imho
I apologise for wasting your time and effort at this time.

Ripper Street? 4th series just started.

TheCurly
08-23-2016, 03:50 PM
Also, you could try Vinyl. It's very silly and they cancelled it after one season, but it's quite funny from a music business point of view.

tbh B,I just treading water until the next season of GoT.I'm planning on waiting until it finishes then watch in a big ****-off binge weekend so NO SPOILERS

Ash
08-23-2016, 03:52 PM
Wasn't there that one 'Monk'? He was an autist, I think. Or he had OCD. Same difference, anyway.

Dunno. Monkfish, though!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/staticarchive/9949903598de0dccba9b8991edaed04f64788a9b.jpg

RIP Jorge etc.

Ash
08-23-2016, 03:56 PM

I was rather disappoint with the cancellation. It was all set for the commercial arrival of punk and disco.

Ash
08-23-2016, 03:57 PM
tbh B,I just treading water until the next season of GoT.I'm planning on waiting until it finishes then watch in a big ****-off binge weekend so NO SPOILERS

Banshee? Completely ridicules, but some good characters.

TheCurly
08-23-2016, 03:59 PM
Banshee? Completely ridicules, but some good characters.

I'll give it and the others recommended a whizz :ticketyboo:

Burney
08-23-2016, 04:07 PM
Ripper Street? 4th series just started.

I have a soft spot for Ripper Street. I like how they try and talk funny one minute and then forget to the next.

eastgermanautos
08-23-2016, 04:25 PM
I got very bored of Boardwalk Empire after the first season and gave up on it. The pace was shockingly slow.

The Bridge, a Danish procedural crime drama, wuddnt bad.

Ash
08-23-2016, 04:26 PM
I have a soft spot for Ripper Street. I like how they try and talk funny one minute and then forget to the next.

For me it's like a spin-off Bronn series. I like the septic too, tbf.