PDA

View Full Version : The art of conversation

Mo Britain less Europe
08-23-2016, 12:04 PM
Practising what I preach here. Conversation is an exchange. sometimes it is an exchange of information, sometimes an exchange of opinions.

To speak at a tangent is not a conversation. It's absurdist dialogue, dada.

Pat Vegas
08-23-2016, 12:06 PM
Practising what I preach here. Conversation is an exchange. sometimes it is an exchange of information, sometimes an exchange of opinions.

Chris + is trying to fix this place Mo. Are you trying to get rid of who's left?

Sir C
08-23-2016, 12:08 PM

Far out daddio, grooveh.

Conversation is, indeed, an exchange, but conversations evolve. Have you ever spent 3 hours at a dinner table discussing one sole topic with friends? No, indeed you have not, you have discussed a wide variety of things before the hors d'ouevres have been cleared away, and no one (I hope) declares one topic closed and the next open. The conversational byway is a meandering one, m, and all the more picturesque for it.

Ash
08-23-2016, 12:08 PM

What's your favourite pub in Bloomsbury, Mo? And do you think Bloomsbury is a little short of pubs?

TheCurly
08-23-2016, 12:14 PM
[QUOTE=Sir C;4124784

. The conversational byway is a meandering one, m, and all the more picturesque for it.[/QUOTE]

In the pub last night,conversation started in regard to the new up and coming Star Wars movie.Within a minute it was about sticking things up your bum (non gay)

Sir C
08-23-2016, 12:20 PM
In the pub last night,conversation started in regard to the new up and coming Star Wars movie.Within a minute it was about sticking things up your bum (non gay)

I'll be fair, given the choice between watching a Star Wars movie and having something thrust up my arse, I'd bend over and grit my teeth instantly.

Burney
08-23-2016, 01:05 PM

Where did it turn? Did someone mention that Boba Fett looked a bit like a dildo?

TheCurly
08-23-2016, 01:11 PM
Where did it turn? Did someone mention that Boba Fett looked a bit like a dildo?

We were chatting quite happily about the movies when an old dear came in with her daughter.Someone at our table mentioned the old dear used to smuggle pencils up her cloot into the Kesh for her husband.So naturally we discussed "have you ever had something up yer bumhole/how uncomfortable it would be" etc

Burney
08-23-2016, 01:15 PM

Conversation is not linear. Debates are linear; rhetoric is linear; interrogation is linear; oratory is linear. Why? Because they exist to reach a conclusion. Conversation requires no concrete conclusion. It is an end in and of itself.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-23-2016, 04:41 PM
The Cornwallis is ok, even if the f ucker lost us the US, yer Cross Keys is a good shout.