PDA

View Full Version : So I've been looking at our squad and don't think that we are in urgent need of a

Rich
08-23-2016, 10:01 AM
striker or a defender.

A defender would be nice but it's not massively urgent. People forget that we have Koscielney and also Holding who looks a great prospect. Then we have Chambers/Debuchy/Monreal as back up and Gabriel back in 6 weeks.

The furore of the striker situation has, in my opinion, been fabricated by the media. We have Giroud who is a very able striker. Just look how well he did at the Euros. Now, if we have the likes of Alexis, Cazorla, Iwobi, Walcott and Ox that will contribute a reasonable number between them. Now if Giroud can pitch in with 20 himself then we are away. Also, we have Welbeck back at Christmas which will help Giroud with the burden over the festive period. I would love a striker to come in, but only one that enhances the squad. Someone like Lacazette would cost a ridiculous amount and is inferior to both Giroud and Welbeck. I agree with Wenger that we shouldn't spend big on mediocre.

Can't wait for the transfer nonsense to be over and we can then get on with another productive season imo.