PDA

View Full Version : Is it worth my while participating in this forum or is it a closed shop?

Awimb
08-22-2016, 12:37 PM
Can't I just post in the title box ffs?

Pat Vegas
08-22-2016, 12:38 PM
Hello and Welcome.

TheCurly
08-22-2016, 12:39 PM

An unusual name there A,where did you come up with such a strange name?

Sir C
08-22-2016, 12:42 PM

Pull up a chair and tell us a little about yourself, old horse.

Pat Vegas
08-22-2016, 12:43 PM
An unusual name there A,where did you come up with such a strange name?

Maybe he was always called that and was searching for a place to call home.

Awimb
08-22-2016, 12:46 PM
I like lamp posts

Ash
08-22-2016, 12:46 PM

Yes, if you don't mind the tumbleweed at times.
No, we have no shop steward at the moment.
No, there must be 10 characters of body text. HTH :thumbup:

Can you play as centre -helf or up top? We are a leetle beet short in those areas atm.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 12:47 PM
I like lamp posts

Favourite cheese?

Awimb
08-22-2016, 12:49 PM
Arsene Wenger Is My Boss

Pat Vegas
08-22-2016, 12:50 PM
I like lamp posts

I quite like Belisha Beacons. But not the modern style. The warm fuzzy memories of being a kid in the 80's
where most of them had the top section missing.

Awimb
08-22-2016, 12:50 PM
Stiltonnnn

Pat Vegas
08-22-2016, 12:51 PM
Arsene Wenger Is My Boss

Do you always get paid on time?

Awimb
08-22-2016, 12:54 PM
Cheers Ash. My playing days are long gone - bit like AW's days as a top top quality manager :-(

Awimb
08-22-2016, 12:57 PM
I submit my invoice then double it the day before due for payment. Works every time.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 01:05 PM
Stiltonnnn

Any thoughts on Roqueforttttttt?

Awimb
08-22-2016, 01:27 PM
Last night Mrs A served me Gorgonzola Dolce on Rosemary and Pistachio artisan crackers

TheCurly
08-22-2016, 01:33 PM
Last night Mrs A served me Gorgonzola Dolce on Rosemary and Pistachio artisan crackers

I'm sorry.That is not food.They are obviously all characters from a Disney film

Burney
08-22-2016, 01:37 PM

I'm not sure we allow people who eat artisan crackers on this board, tbh. I don't really know what an artisan cracker is. Is it a type of well?

Awimb
08-22-2016, 01:38 PM
I wanted cheddar on water biscuits. I feel a divorce may be in the offing.

Burney
08-22-2016, 01:40 PM
I wanted cheddar on water biscuits. I feel a divorce may be in the offing.

Yes. Water biscuits are the thing. I was going to have cheese and biccies for supper last night (big lunch, y'see?), but then I got a yearning for a prawn, mayonnaise and lettuce sandwich, so I made those instead. Ketchup, lemon juice and cayenne in the mayonnaise, of course - proper fancy.

Awimb
08-22-2016, 01:43 PM
I'm not sure we allow people who eat artisan crackers on this board, tbh. I don't really know what an artisan cracker is. Is it a type of well?
Not only "Artisan" but made with Greek Yoghurt and Himalayan Pink Salt - Canadian apparently which explains a lot. Seems they were trying to cover most major population centres.

Burney
08-22-2016, 01:46 PM
Not only "Artisan" but made with Greek Yoghurt and Himalayan Pink Salt - Canadian apparently which explains a lot. Seems they were trying to cover most major population centres.

Hmmm. It sounds to me as if your wife is trying to tell you she yearns for a more sophisticated and adventurous life and that she's frustrated with your Cheddar and water biscuits ways. :-(

Awimb
08-22-2016, 01:53 PM
Hmmm. It sounds to me as if your wife is trying to tell you she yearns for a more sophisticated and adventurous life and that she's frustrated with your Cheddar and water biscuits ways. :-(
Hmmmmm- she has been going to the gym a lot lately and refused me a blow job at the weekend even though it was the third Saturday of the month :-(

Burney
08-22-2016, 01:55 PM
Hmmmmm- she has been going to the gym a lot lately and refused me a blow job at the weekend even though it was the third Saturday of the month :-(

Ah. She's getting a good reaming off of some other fella I'd say. Still, it saves you a job, doesn't it?

Sir C
08-22-2016, 01:57 PM
Yes. Water biscuits are the thing. I was going to have cheese and biccies for supper last night (big lunch, y'see?), but then I got a yearning for a prawn, mayonnaise and lettuce sandwich, so I made those instead. Ketchup, lemon juice and cayenne in the mayonnaise, of course - proper fancy.

You are aware, of course, of the secret ingredient which makes a Marie Rose a proper Marie Rose?

Burney
08-22-2016, 01:59 PM
You are aware, of course, of the secret ingredient which makes a Marie Rose a proper Marie Rose?

Worcester sauce, isn't it? I've tried it, but it makes it taste a bit sweaty :-(

Sir C
08-22-2016, 02:01 PM
Worcester sauce, isn't it? I've tried it, but it makes it taste a bit sweaty :-(

Lord no! Worcestershire sauce? The idea of it! :hehe:

I'm surprised at this gap in your basic culinary knowledge, b.

Burney
08-22-2016, 02:06 PM
Lord no! Worcestershire sauce? The idea of it! :hehe:

I'm surprised at this gap in your basic culinary knowledge, b.

Go on, then. You're clearly itching to tell me.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 02:09 PM
Go on, then. You're clearly itching to tell me.

Well. I don't mind telling you if you really want to know.

I'm just a bit shocked, to be honest. I mean, there's little more basic than a Marie Rose sauce. Surely everyone has that in their repertoire?

Clearly not.

Burney
08-22-2016, 02:11 PM
Well. I don't mind telling you if you really want to know.

I'm just a bit shocked, to be honest. I mean, there's little more basic than a Marie Rose sauce. Surely everyone has that in their repertoire?

Clearly not.

:hehe: You are such a dick.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 02:11 PM
:hehe: You are such a dick.

:hehe: Splash of brandy, innit.

Burney
08-22-2016, 02:15 PM
:hehe: Splash of brandy, innit.

I have honestly never heard of such a thing. It sounds wrong, but I suppose many things do.

Actually, on a related note, I'm getting slightly sick of people trying to zhuzh up the prawn cocktail. It's fine if you want to eat a prawn cocktail, ffs! You don't need to deconstruct the ****ing thing in order to make it OK. Prawns, lettuce, pink gloop - bit of bread and butter - lovely. Stop ****ing about with it.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 02:17 PM
I have honestly never heard of such a thing. It sounds wrong, but I suppose many things do.

Actually, on a related note, I'm getting slightly sick of people trying to zhuzh up the prawn cocktail. It's fine if you want to eat a prawn cocktail, ffs! You don't need to deconstruct the ****ing thing in order to make it OK. Prawns, lettuce, pink gloop - bit of bread and butter - lovely. Stop ****ing about with it.

It's perfect.

I agree absolutely. I even go so far as to decry the prawn's head balanced on the rim of the glass. I don't need a ****ing prawn's head on my prawn cocktail.

Burney
08-22-2016, 02:23 PM
It's perfect.

I agree absolutely. I even go so far as to decry the prawn's head balanced on the rim of the glass. I don't need a ****ing prawn's head on my prawn cocktail.

That's another thing - prawns with their shells still on. No meal is improved by having to **** about dismembering crustacea. So if I order a seafood pasta or risotto, please have the ****ing decency to shell the ****ing prawns rather than asking me to dig my fingers into my dinner to do it. I know you think it looks good and I know I'm apparently supposed to be impressed because the prawn is entire rather than being - say - easily edible, but just stop it, ffs.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 02:25 PM
That's another thing - prawns with their shells still on. No meal is improved by having to **** about dismembering crustacea. So if I order a seafood pasta or risotto, please have the ****ing decency to shell the ****ing prawns rather than asking me to dig my fingers into my dinner to do it. I know you think it looks good and I know I'm apparently supposed to be impressed because the prawn is entire rather than being - say - easily edible, but just stop it, ffs.

They're mad for that in Asia. Fantastic, mahoosive prawns, marinaded in amazing spicy flavours, stir-fried with the shells on. :-(

Wánkers.

Burney
08-22-2016, 02:28 PM
They're mad for that in Asia. Fantastic, mahoosive prawns, marinaded in amazing spicy flavours, stir-fried with the shells on. :-(

Wánkers.

Yes. Singapore chilli crab is a good example. Delicious, but would be much more so if the idle fùcking coolie who cooked it had bothered his arse taking the bit I'm supposed to eat out of the inedible chitin so that I don't end up covered in chilli sauce and bits of crab juice.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-22-2016, 03:42 PM
I quite like Belisha Beacons. But not the modern style. The warm fuzzy memories of being a kid in the 80's
where most of them had the top section missing.

Belisha was a Hore.