PDA

View Full Version : Wenger giving the game away talking about 600 mouths to feed at the Arsenal

Tony C
08-22-2016, 11:13 AM
no wonder he gets paid £8m a year....having to look after the Arsenal financials and monthly payroll alongside actually managing and coaching the team.

Wonder what else he does around the place?

I bet he dons a disguise on match days so he can go and test the food served at the stadium :nod:

--

TheCurly
08-22-2016, 11:16 AM
no wonder he gets paid £8m a year....having to look after the Arsenal financials and monthly payroll alongside actually managing and coaching the team.

I bet he dons a disguise on match days so he can go and test the food served at the stadium :nod:

--

599 The T
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/arsenal-employee-claims-resigned-job-8681666

Rich
08-22-2016, 11:18 AM

--

He really put things into perspective for me. There I am worrying about Mustafi and Griezmann but in fact, these things are unimportant when we consider that Mable the boot cleaner may not be able to afford her Sunday roast.

Pat Vegas
08-22-2016, 11:22 AM
He really put things into perspective for me. There I am worrying about Mustafi and Griezmann but in fact, these things are unimportant when we consider that Mable the boot cleaner may not be able to afford her Sunday roast.

I don't think Wenger should be talking about this stuff imo.
He is manager of the football team and that's what it should be. Maybe if they took away some of this extra responsibility on his shoulders it would help the team. He should have strong team to take care of the business side.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 11:24 AM

--

I wish he was more like Peter Ridsdale.

Tony C
08-22-2016, 11:26 AM
It's all about priorities and living within our means and looking out for own Rich.

If we get relegated this season all we will have is each other....in a non homo sort of way.

-

Just ignore the fact we've been told there's £100m in the transfer kitty, the squad needs improving yet were not signing anyone.

-

Just Trent
08-22-2016, 11:40 AM
He's turned into Scrooge. Working late at Highbury Counting House, personally overseeing every penny the club spends. I bet he doesn't even give Boro and Mickey a day off at Christmas.

SWv2
08-22-2016, 11:41 AM
It was a rather ridiculously silly thing to say.

Silly man.

Ash
08-22-2016, 11:46 AM
599 The T
http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/row-zed/arsenal-employee-claims-resigned-job-8681666

Comic Sans spoof resignation letter. LOOOL

Billy Goat Sverige
08-22-2016, 11:58 AM
It was a rather ridiculously silly thing to say.

Silly man.

Bored of it all to be honest. Didn't even watch the game at the weekend. Completely lost interest.

Rich
08-22-2016, 12:09 PM
He's turned into Scrooge. Working late at Highbury Counting House, personally overseeing every penny the club spends. I bet he doesn't even give Boro and Mickey a day off at Christmas.

The staff dread the final working day of the month. Arsene tells everyone that nobody goes home until every single penny has been accounted for. Sitting at his desk with piles of receipts becoming irate when he sees that petty cash is down £1.12.

Ash
08-22-2016, 12:10 PM
Bored of it all to be honest. Didn't even watch the game at the weekend. Completely lost interest.

Went to the pub in the end to watch it but was tempted to watch the T20 cricket final instead.

Bit concerned that there's not much of the domestic cricket season left on Sky. One used to be able to mindlessly watch county trundlers lobbing the ball at each other well into september to take the mind off football.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 12:13 PM
Went to the pub in the end to watch it but was tempted to watch the T20 cricket final instead.

Bit concerned that there's not much of the domestic cricket season left on Sky. One used to be able to mindlessly watch county trundlers lobbing the ball at each other well into september to take the mind off football.

I watched an Inspector Morse episode last night, 'Deceived By Flight', in which cricket featured heavily.

Our hero was unimpressed by the game, to put it mildly.

Ash
08-22-2016, 12:19 PM
I watched an Inspector Morse episode last night, 'Deceived By Flight', in which cricket featured heavily.

Our hero was unimpressed by the game, to put it mildly.

Don't remember that one, though I can picture Lewis trying to explain it to him. "You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. "

Sir C
08-22-2016, 12:21 PM
Don't remember that one, though I can picture Lewis trying to explain it to him. "You have two sides, one out in the field and one in. Each man that's in the side that's in goes out, and when he's out he comes in and the next man goes in until he's out. When they are all out, the side that's out comes in and the side that's been in goes out and tries to get those coming in, out. Sometimes you get men still in and not out. "

You'd know it if you sw it. Lewis goes undercover as porter of Lonsdale College and plays in the old boy's cricket match. Some geezer gets it with scissors. There's a chap in a wheelchair.

Not the best. It's certainly no, 'Last Bus To Woodstock' or 'The Wolvercote Tongue.'

7sisters
08-22-2016, 01:52 PM

Which perfectly illustrates the point. Imagine if everyone did the same ?
You're evidently one of the more balanced voices, not given to knee jerk reactionary outbursts.

Something clearly isn't working.

Bergkamp Was Best
08-22-2016, 02:29 PM
I wish the man would stop wasting his energy prattling on about why he hasn't signed someone and use it to...erm...sign someone!
Have Arsenal become a bit boring in general or is it just me? No realistic chance of winning the league, not spent sufficiently in the transfer market, it's just the same old *******s again :yawn:

Billy Goat Sverige
08-22-2016, 03:04 PM
Which perfectly illustrates the point. Imagine if everyone did the same ?
You're evidently one of the more balanced voices, not given to knee jerk reactionary outbursts.

Something clearly isn't working.

I'm just sick of his *******s. Fair enough if he thought the squad was good enough. I'd still be annoyed we're not signing anyone but at least the message from the manager would be consistent. He's bid for two strikers this summer after saying at the end of last season the squad needed more goals, said he wanted to sign a defender when Mertesacker got injured 5 weeks ago, and here we are still with Giroud as the only real striker in the squad and two kids backing up our only fit centre back. All this is happening because he refuses to acknowledge where football is at financially these days and won't spend sums he considers to have no value.

Ash
08-22-2016, 03:11 PM
I'm just sick of his *******s. Fair enough if he thought the squad was good enough. I'd still be annoyed we're not signing anyone but at least the message from the manager would be consistent. He's bid for two strikers this summer after saying at the end of last season the squad needed more goals, said he wanted to sign a defender when Mertesacker got injured 5 weeks ago, and here we are still with Giroud as the only real striker in the squad and two kids backing up our only fit centre back. All this is happening because he refuses to acknowledge where football is at financially these days and won't spend sums he considers to have no value.

Spa this weekend though. :cloud9:

Sir C
08-22-2016, 03:12 PM

Facial, pedicure, that sort of thing? wd a.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-22-2016, 03:12 PM

Hoping McLaren have this engine update that's supposed to bring 0.5 seconds. I'd like to see JB go out with some decent results.

7sisters
08-22-2016, 03:20 PM

He made a point about re-sale value and not being able to off load unless players wages were subsidised by the selling club.. As if any of that stuff is any of his responsibility.. So put them on performance/ appearance related pay, or limit the damage by offering three year contracts.. It still boils down to market forces. Piss or get off the pot. His problem has been largely revolving high wage contracts to players who have under performed. No doubt he can feel let down but again.. He's the manager and paid to make those decisions.

SWv2
08-22-2016, 03:34 PM
He made a point about re-sale value and not being able to off load unless players wages were subsidised by the selling club.. As if any of that stuff is any of his responsibility.. So put them on performance/ appearance related pay, or limit the damage by offering three year contracts.. It still boils down to market forces. Piss or get off the pot. His problem has been largely revolving high wage contracts to players who have under performed. No doubt he can feel let down but again.. He's the manager and paid to make those decisions.

Wenger out?

Mo Britain less Europe
08-22-2016, 03:38 PM
Arsene must be fuming when he gets a monthly wage bill of £630,000 for one Arsene Wenger...oh, hang on.....

Ash
08-22-2016, 03:43 PM
Hoping McLaren have this engine update that's supposed to bring 0.5 seconds. I'd like to see JB go out with some decent results.

If they have it, they're keeping coy about it.

http://www.pitpass.com/57004/Belgian-GP-Preview-McLaren

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-22-2016, 03:46 PM

--

He was actually talking about the love children he needs to feed, cloth and educate.