TheCurly
08-22-2016, 08:09 AM
Only 39 to go :cloud9:
Am liking the Granit boy

Sir C
08-22-2016, 08:13 AM
Am liking the Granit boy

Yes. A nasty pair of opening fixtures; it could have been even worse.

How do you feel about AW, c? I'm afraid I rather feel that the hysteria has now reached such a pitch as to preclude the possibility of rebuilding a relationship, whatever happens, and that for his own sake, he should call it a day :-(

SWv2
08-22-2016, 08:18 AM
Yes. A nasty pair of opening fixtures; it could have been even worse.

How do you feel about AW, c? I'm afraid I rather feel that the hysteria has now reached such a pitch as to preclude the possibility of rebuilding a relationship, whatever happens, and that for his own sake, he should call it a day :-(

Contract up next June old boy, surely the time has come for him to agree to walk off into the Alsacian sunset with a modicum of dignity.

Gazidis and his board chums can press the button and launch Project Wenger’s Successor.

TheCurly
08-22-2016, 08:19 AM
Hmmm.I feel almost every word he says is true but he is taking a one man stance in the fight against the transfer fee madness.A fight he must surely lose.It's like 1976 imo, there is a revolution in the air

Sir C
08-22-2016, 08:22 AM
Hmmm.I feel almost every word he says is true but he is taking a one man stance in the fight against the transfer fee madness.A fight he must surely lose.It's like 1976 imo, there is a revolution in the air

He is clearly speaking perfectly reasonable common sense, but the narrative has been written, so no one listens.

****ers.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 08:23 AM
Contract up next June old boy, surely the time has come for him to agree to walk off into the Alsacian sunset with a modicum of dignity.

Gazidis and his board chums can press the button and launch Project Wenger’s Successor.

I'll tell you one thing for sure, sw. If I'd come to the end of a career during which I'd earned the thick end of £50 mill, I wouldn't be retiring to Alsace.

Burney
08-22-2016, 08:27 AM
revolution in the air

Impossible to read that in anything other than Dylan's voice in Tangled Up In Blue. With which you've now earwormed me.

Burney
08-22-2016, 08:29 AM
I'll tell you one thing for sure, sw. If I'd come to the end of a career during which I'd earned the thick end of £50 mill, I wouldn't be retiring to Alsace.

:nod: My sis has finally sold her place there and has moved into a serviced apartment in Basel. To be fair, it was very pretty in summer, but the food is ****, the people are **** ugly, everyone hibernates in winter and it's all a bit German.

TheCurly
08-22-2016, 08:35 AM
Someone, a while back, played me Mily Cirus's version of Gonna Make Me Lonesome When You Go.I haven't forgiven them.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-22-2016, 08:38 AM
Am liking the Granit boy

40 points isn't going to secure the 4th placed :trophy:, TheC.

TheCurly
08-22-2016, 08:40 AM
40 points isn't going to secure the 4th placed :trophy:, TheC.

The Champions League bores the tits off me 71 :-(

Mo Britain less Europe
08-22-2016, 08:42 AM
Could have been much worse? Could only have been one point worse which only Clattenburg, arguably, saved us from.

71 Guns - channeling the spirit of Mr Hat
08-22-2016, 08:42 AM
You and Zlatan, TheC.

Burney
08-22-2016, 08:43 AM

It bores the tits off of all right-thinking people, c. It is a gigantic bore-fest. And I would say that even if I thought we had a chance of winning it.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 08:49 AM
:nod: My sis has finally sold her place there and has moved into a serviced apartment in Basel. To be fair, it was very pretty in summer, but the food is ****, the people are **** ugly, everyone hibernates in winter and it's all a bit German.

I was thinking more in terms of the European climate and the glaring lack of a tropical beach, to be honest.

Burney
08-22-2016, 09:01 AM
I was thinking more in terms of the European climate and the glaring lack of a tropical beach, to be honest.

The problem with the tropics is that they aren't in civilisation.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 09:05 AM
The problem with the tropics is that they aren't in civilisation.

You've got me on the verge of quoting Gandhi here. And no one wants that, do they?

Burney
08-22-2016, 09:10 AM
You've got me on the verge of quoting Gandhi here. And no one wants that, do they?

Gandhi walked around in a big nappy and slept on the floor. He was in no position to lecture anyone about civilisation.

Sir C
08-22-2016, 09:11 AM
Gandhi walked around in a big nappy and slept on the floor. He was in no position to lecture anyone about civilisation.

I've been to his house and seen his spoon, you know. And his glasses.

Burney
08-22-2016, 09:14 AM
I've been to his house and seen his spoon, you know. And his glasses.

So you've told me. How much did it cost to get in to look at a spoon?

Brentwood
08-22-2016, 09:14 AM
He is clearly speaking perfectly reasonable common sense, but the narrative has been written, so no one listens.

****ers.

This is spot on

He deserves to see out the full 20 years imo

Sir C
08-22-2016, 09:16 AM
So you've told me. How much did it cost to get in to look at a spoon?

I'm pretty sure it was free. It was a rather pleasing oasis of quiet and calm amidst the insanity of Delhi.

Sometimes, when I'm missing the tropics, I think of Delhi and thank God for Croydon.

Burney
08-22-2016, 09:21 AM
I'm pretty sure it was free. It was a rather pleasing oasis of quiet and calm amidst the insanity of Delhi.

Sometimes, when I'm missing the tropics, I think of Delhi and thank God for Croydon.

Hmmm. I'm not sure I like your tone about Croydon.

Norn Iron
08-22-2016, 09:46 AM
I wish we could have beat Liverpool. One win would have given everyone a little bit of the feel good factor. A new season and new start. Losing at home in the manner we did sparked the fire.