PDA

View Full Version : AW is insane if he wants to play Alexis through the middle. The problem last season

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-20-2016, 01:08 PM
was not scoring enough goals.

That's why we wanted another goal scoring winger {like Mahrez or Mkhitayran} and another striker. So we have 3 goalscoring forwards.

But now he wants to break the one part of the trio that worked - Alexis out wide - and move him to the centre.

That would mean he was replaced with one of AW's typical widemen - Ox, Feo, Iwobi, Rambo, and now Campbell's gone, probably Serge.

They will give about 6 goals a season from out there.

So AWs solution to the striker problem - playing Alexis through the middle - works out, assuming that Alexis scores the same number, as if we'd just brought a 6 goal a season CF.

That would equate to the same number of goals from the front 3.

Yeah, AW, a real long term solution, that is.

He's doing it on purpose, isn't he? The Septic will only wake up if we get relegated.

Just Trent
08-20-2016, 01:44 PM
I've said before that I think Sanchez upfront could work. But, that was with us adding another good wide player. I would also question why suddenly Sanchez is now a forward option for Wenger. If Sanchez has so many similarities with Suarez (as Wenger suggested). Then why hasn't he used him there properly for the last two years? It's mainly because he's ****ed up yet another transfer window isn't it? He can't bring himself to pay up for a decent centre forward.

Also, Arsene trying to justify the lack of a striker signing by using Real Madrid as an example. 'Who have Real Madrid signed'.
Alvaro Moratta for a start, and they already had Ronaldo and Benzema in their CL winning squad.

:hehe: soppy old ****

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-20-2016, 02:41 PM
If Sanchez has so many similarities with Suarez (as Wenger suggested). Then why hasn't he used him there properly for the last two years? It's mainly because he's ****ed up yet another transfer window isn't it? He can't bring himself to pay up for a decent centre forward.

:hehe: soppy old ****

I'm actually starting to get angry about this now.

I've supported the club since the late '70s and I thought the deal was that I support us through thick and thin while the owner/manager tries to do the best for us with the available resources. That's why we accepted the post-Highbury penury.

But we have money in the bank and gaping holes in the squad. If AW won't spend on players simply because he can't accept the new financial realities then he should be forced to change or sacked by the board. Yet the owner doesn't care in the slightest.

**** the lot of them. I've seriously had it. He wouldn't pay for Higuan when it would now have represented a bargain. Won't pay for 24 yr old German international CH when we have Holding and Chambers starting, won't offer Mahrez £140k a week to join, won't pay Mkhitaryan's wages, and won't try to buy the striker we desparately need. I feel like I've been conned.

Cyprus The Immortal Gooner
08-20-2016, 05:23 PM
I've gone into the "apathy" stage...