PDA

View Full Version : In Costco they had a massive Pork loin for sale. What does won do with

Pat Vegas
08-19-2016, 03:35 PM
it. It's massive bigger than my arm. I think it was about 12 quid.

Strangely they sell US pork Don't see that often.

Sir C
08-19-2016, 03:36 PM

Roast it. But you'll **** it up and make it dry.

Buy an even bigger belly of pork and wrap it round the loin with parsley, lemon and garlic to make the true porchetta.

Burney
08-19-2016, 03:42 PM

US meat is illegal in the EU due to all the hormones in it.

Burney
08-19-2016, 03:45 PM

Buy an even bigger belly of pork and wrap it round the loin with parsley, lemon and garlic to make the true porchetta.

There's a Spanish dish where you cut it into little bits, marinate it in pimenton, garlic, lemon, parsley, salt and olive olive oil and then fry it, adding a bit of water to make a sauce and then serve it with matchstick potatoes. Or another one where you cook it with milk.

Pat Vegas
08-19-2016, 03:47 PM
US meat is illegal in the EU due to all the hormones in it.

Hmm that's strange. I was surprised to see it. I will buy some then sue them.

Sir C
08-19-2016, 03:50 PM
There's a Spanish dish where you cut it into little bits, marinate it in pimenton, garlic, lemon, parsley, salt and olive olive oil and then fry it, adding a bit of water to make a sauce and then serve it with matchstick potatoes. Or another one where you cook it with milk.

It'll still go dry, I bet. Dry as a nun's ****.

Milk? :-(

Pat Vegas
08-19-2016, 03:51 PM

I can't attempt any Italian dish in my house. It always gets the same reaction.

Burney
08-19-2016, 03:52 PM
Hmm that's strange. I was surprised to see it. I will buy some then sue them.

Maybe Costco have jumped the Brexit gun? :shrug:

Sir C
08-19-2016, 03:52 PM

Can you ask Mrs f what she thinks of tomatoes in the osso bucco. I'll have no truck with them, but others swear they should be in there. Many thanks.

Burney
08-19-2016, 03:53 PM
It'll still go dry, I bet. Dry as a nun's ****.

Milk? :-(

Yeah, the milk one made the pork beautifully tender, but the sauce was still essentially milky :-(

He could just cut it into collops, hammer it out and schnitzel the ****ers?

Pat Vegas
08-19-2016, 03:55 PM
Maybe Costco have jumped the Brexit gun? :shrug:

It's weird as none of the 'US' things I saw are on their website. All the meat on the website is British.

Burney
08-19-2016, 03:55 PM

You have to remember that the eyeties are hopelessly parochial about all their food. Unless it's made the same way their mum and grandma made it, it's wrong. Tiresome feckers.

Burney
08-19-2016, 03:56 PM
It's weird as none of the 'US' things I saw are on their website. All the meat on the website is British.

You should deffo report them and have them closed down imo.

http://www.livescience.com/47032-time-for-us-to-ban-ractopamine.html

Pat Vegas
08-19-2016, 03:57 PM
You have to remember that the eyeties are hopelessly parochial about all their food. Unless it's made the same way their mum and grandma made it, it's wrong. Tiresome feckers.

:Hehe: If we go any restaurant with Italian dish she'll say 'This must be for the english customers' 'it doesn't exist'
also they don't like the concept of Garlic Bread served with Pizza, or Chicken on pizza.

Sir C
08-19-2016, 03:57 PM
Yeah, the milk one made the pork beautifully tender, but the sauce was still essentially milky :-(

He could just cut it into collops, hammer it out and schnitzel the ****ers?

That's the obvious move, I'd have thought.

I'm schnitzeling some loin medallions this evening, as it happens. I shall serve them with a dauphinoise (with cheese)

I said, 'With cheese'. :vsign:

Pat Vegas
08-19-2016, 03:59 PM
Can you ask Mrs f what she thinks of tomatoes in the osso bucco. I'll have no truck with them, but others swear they should be in there. Many thanks.

Will do. :thumbup:

Burney
08-19-2016, 04:01 PM
:Hehe: If we go any restaurant with Italian dish she'll say 'This must be for the english customers' 'it doesn't exist'
also they don't like the concept of Garlic Bread served with Pizza, or Chicken on pizza.

She is calling the very existence of the dish into question? It's sitting in front of her and she's denying its existence?

I've known of Neapolitans virtually spitting on the idea of anyone outside Naples even making pizza - let alone making it well. And you won't find two Italians capable of agreeing on what constitutes the 'correct' recipe for any dish. They are a very silly bunch.

She's right about garlic bread and chicken, mind.

Burney
08-19-2016, 04:02 PM
That's the obvious move, I'd have thought.

I'm schnitzeling some loin medallions this evening, as it happens. I shall serve them with a dauphinoise (with cheese)

I said, 'With cheese'. :vsign:

With cheese would be 'au gratin', surely? A dauph has no cheese in it.

Pat Vegas
08-19-2016, 04:10 PM
She is calling the very existence of the dish into question? It's sitting in front of her and she's denying its existence?

I've known of Neapolitans virtually spitting on the idea of anyone outside Naples even making pizza - let alone making it well. And you won't find two Italians capable of agreeing on what constitutes the 'correct' recipe for any dish. They are a very silly bunch.

She's right about garlic bread and chicken, mind.

Pretty much. She won't order it if it's pretend Italian.

But Italians are a funny bunch. I know here we take the piss out of the North and all that but they have it on a whole different level. They snobby on weird things like at work they will assume a person in a certain position will have a degree and they will call them doctor. Plus they analyse each others accents and grammar to excessive levels. all work emails are dead formal.

though I do like it when I see old blokes going out in their best suit and sunglasses to get a loaf of bread. Even if they have no money left appearance is most important.

Chief Arrowhead
08-19-2016, 09:20 PM

Rub all over with herbs, salt, pepper, etc. Tie it up, then lay strips of bacon over it. Roast at 300F, about 150C?

Be sure and use a meat thermometer. Take it out when it's about 143F (62C) and let the temp rise to about 155F, 68C. That takes about 20 minutes to a half hour. Slice and serve.