PDA

View Full Version : I can't recall a more resigned and apathetic start to a season ?

7sisters
08-19-2016, 12:18 PM
Putting aside the personalities and the judge us in May stuff, I can't believe this is the sort of early season anticipation that the board or sponsors were looking to create.
It's almost comic.

Pat Vegas
08-19-2016, 12:24 PM
Wait until Leicester beat us.

I actually was looking forward to the season. Liverpool game was a very very quick reminder of why I am not so happy with this current version of Arsenal. On and off the pitch.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-19-2016, 01:22 PM
Putting aside the personalities and the judge us in May stuff, I can't believe this is the sort of early season anticipation that the board or sponsors were looking to create.
It's almost comic.

The season of the 8-2 at old Trafford. We were in pieces what with nasri and cesc leaving.

Just Trent
08-19-2016, 01:30 PM
The 8-2 was three games into that season though. Give us a chance. We've still got two weeks to reach that level.

7sisters
08-19-2016, 01:41 PM
I'm pretty sure we won't. This squad is still a fair bet to finish top 4, once the absentees return and form kicks in. It's the reluctance to plan for the future and to address the acknowledged weakness's that gives the impression of a rudderless ship.
Yes, there's still a fortnight left but any attempt to sign new players can only now come out of desperation and not long pursued strategic targets, as one would expect from any top tier club with serious aspirations to compete for silverware.