PDA

View Full Version : Good read from Stillman, as usual.

Ash
08-19-2016, 11:48 AM
http://arseblog.com/2016/08/centreflack/

"Without the ball, Arsenal’s attack and most of Arsenal’s midfield either breaks into a light jog back towards their own goal, or else they stand with their hands on their hips watching their defensive colleagues attempt to hold off a firing squad with kitchen utensils."

Pat Vegas
08-19-2016, 11:51 AM
I do have the feeling. Even if we had the likes of Kos, Ozil, Giroud fit for the game against Liverpool the outcome would have ended up the same.

Brentwood
08-19-2016, 12:04 PM
I do have the feeling. Even if we had the likes of Kos, Ozil, Giroud fit for the game against Liverpool the outcome would have ended up the same.

They beat us 5-1 with those 3 playing 2 years ago

Pat Vegas
08-19-2016, 12:09 PM
They beat us 5-1 with those 3 playing 2 years ago

We need to change tactics.
Or even better use some tactics.

Wenger's idea of tactics is bringing on Gibbs on the left wing with 10 mins to go.

Just Trent
08-19-2016, 12:25 PM
Sebastien Squillaci on Wenger:

" I talked about it with coach Wenger. He told me, 'I know it's difficult but I want us to play like this, I want the attacking players to have more freedom and less defensive work'." :-(

If you must insist on playing this way. The very least you could do is sign a good striker, to give yourself a chance of making it work.

SWv2
08-19-2016, 12:34 PM
We need to change tactics.
Or even better use some tactics.

Wenger's idea of tactics is bringing on Gibbs on the left wing with 10 mins to go.

We need to change manager.

Ash
08-19-2016, 12:54 PM

Wexit!
------

Ash
08-19-2016, 12:55 PM
Sebastien Squillaci on Wenger:

" I talked about it with coach Wenger. He told me, 'I know it's difficult but I want us to play like this, I want the attacking players to have more freedom and less defensive work'." :-(

If you must insist on playing this way. The very least you could do is sign a good striker, to give yourself a chance of making it work.

Squiggly was, by many accounts, a decent defender before he joined Arsenal. We don't make it easy for 'em. :-(

Pat Vegas
08-19-2016, 12:57 PM

well yes.
I like this Pep fella. He seems to know who's **** and doesn't mess around. for example Joe Hart.