PDA

View Full Version : I must say, I am rather enjoying us handing Johnny Foreigner his arse.

Sir C
08-17-2016, 10:39 AM
wd bicyclers, acrobatists, horsey-types, sailors and, of course, London's very own Mo Farah-Slacks.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-17-2016, 10:41 AM
Absolutely. I think we've got the Chinks in the bag this time. So much for their pratting about on the Spratly Isles.

Burney
08-17-2016, 10:46 AM
Yes. We are quite clearly cheating our arses off, of course, but doing it in rather a clever way.

Sir C
08-17-2016, 10:50 AM
Yes, I am guessing that our equipment is giving us some sort of advantage.

Yesterday I saw little English girl, no more than 5' 4", built like a dancer, cycling against a 6'2" Dutch chick with thighs like my torso and the arse muscles of Kolo Toure. The English girl blew her away without apparently breaking sweat.

It's as bent as a nine bob note, and all the more satisfying for it.

Burney
08-17-2016, 11:04 AM
I actually went to one of BAE's sites a few years ago to report on their work with Team GB and the bloke told me OTR that there was no doubt in his mind that our Olympic team - and especially our cyclists - at 2012 had a technological advantage of at least 100% over their nearest rivals due to the work they and other engineering firms had done with them. When you add that to the massive funding advantage the UK has due to the lottery, it explains quite a lot.

And that's before we even mention the drugs.