PDA

View Full Version : Anybody got any dead friends on Facebook?

Pat Vegas
08-16-2016, 09:25 AM
It's always a bit odd when you see their birthdays come up.

Just found out a relative died from facebook once again. (facebook didn't kill them)
always odd.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-16-2016, 09:28 AM
Three. And one of them managed to send me emails from beyond the grave.

Ash
08-16-2016, 10:29 AM
It's always a bit odd when you see their birthdays come up.

Just found out a relative died from facebook once again. (facebook didn't kill them)
always odd.

Yeah, Mr so-called Zucker! You didn't think of that, did you? The day will come when the numbers of Facebook dead outnumber the living. FACT!*

*Until a new contraption takes over which allows people to die on the internet.

Burney
08-16-2016, 10:36 AM
Yeah, Mr so-called Zucker! You didn't think of that, did you? The day will come when the numbers of Facebook dead outnumber the living. FACT!*

*Until a new contraption takes over which allows people to die on the internet.

Dead Facebookers at least won't start embarrassing rants about politics or try to recruit you to some awful cause, I suppose.

Ash
08-16-2016, 10:45 AM
Dead Facebookers at least won't start embarrassing rants about politics or try to recruit you to some awful cause, I suppose.

Can you imagine the opportunities for competitive mawkishness though, if facebook funerals could be arranged?

Burney
08-16-2016, 10:48 AM
Can you imagine the opportunities for competitive mawkishness though, if facebook funerals could be arranged?

Oh, **** me, yes! People who set up memorial accounts are bad enough. Mind you, I ****ing hate it when people put up roadside shrines in real life. I wouldn't allow it, personally.

Pat Vegas
08-16-2016, 10:52 AM

What if some sort of app or game starts requesting lives from the deceased :-(
Though I understand you can contact facebook to ask for a removal of an account. But that's probably the last thing on your mind.