PDA

View Full Version : This whole Burkini ban thing is confusing me

Monty92
08-15-2016, 02:41 PM
First Cannes, now Corsica.

Of all the measures to take during a jihadist insurgency, they're clamping down on beachwear?

Well that'll save lives.

Burney
08-15-2016, 02:44 PM

Of all the measures to take during a jihadist insurgency, they're clamping down on beachwear?

Well that'll save lives.

I like that someone got stabbed with a harpoon in Corsica, though. That's proper kicking it old school.

Sir C
08-15-2016, 02:45 PM

Well that'll save lives.

I suspect they're feeling a little touchy at present and, given the importance of laïcité in French political culture, one can sort of see how outward displays of religious affilitation, (certainly from a certain religion) might be making people a tad jumpy.

The decision may not be entirely rational, but it's clearly understandable.

Pat Vegas
08-15-2016, 02:45 PM

Well that'll save lives.

a Frenchman's decision making can not be trusted.
As Arsenal fans we all know that.

Monty92
08-15-2016, 02:48 PM
I like that someone got stabbed with a harpoon in Corsica, though. That's proper kicking it old school.

Do we know any more about stabby axey arsoney train man in switzerland or stabby shooty men in Cologne? No names released yet as far as I know......that usually only means one thing.

Burney
08-15-2016, 02:49 PM
I suspect they're feeling a little touchy at present and, given the importance of laïcité in French political culture, one can sort of see how outward displays of religious affilitation, (certainly from a certain religion) might be making people a tad jumpy.

Also, it's a French beach. People want to see boobies, ffs! It's un-French otherwise.

Pat Vegas
08-15-2016, 02:50 PM
Do we know any more about stabby axey arsoney train man in switzerland or stabby shooty men in Cologne? No names released yet as far as I know......that usually only means one thing.

:nod: Norwegians

Burney
08-15-2016, 02:52 PM
Do we know any more about stabby axey arsoney man in switzerland or stabby men in Cologne? No names released yet as far as I know......that usually only means one thing.

The Swiss one they were very keen to say he had 'a typical Swiss name'. It's all gone suspiciously quiet since then. Even Breitbart has nowt.

Monty92
08-15-2016, 02:54 PM

Yes, much to my girlfriend's annoyance, I gave an Allan in full Allan garb a very wide berth on the underground last week. Honestly, you'd have thought I wasn't responding to an inherently evil ideology :shrug:

Burney
08-15-2016, 02:58 PM
Yes, much to my girlfriend's annoyance, I gave an Allan in full Allan garb a very wide berth on the underground last week. Honestly, you'd have thought I wasn't responding to an inherently evil ideology :shrug:

It does annoy me that anyone could be upset by that. If you step onto a 21st Century street dressed like something out of The Arabian Nights, why would you expect people to respond neutrally to you? If I went outside dressed as a 14th Century peasant (again) I would expect some funny looks and suspicious glances.