PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday.

SWv2
08-15-2016, 09:00 AM
In general, all things taken into account, LOL.

Burney
08-15-2016, 09:03 AM

If only everyone were as laconic about it, sw. I've never seen the new board so busy - sadly, it's almost entirely people emptying their figurative bladders.

Sir C
08-15-2016, 09:07 AM

It was quite marvellous, sw. Gold after gold for team GB.

Makes you proud to be almost British.

SWv2
If only everyone were as laconic about it, sw. I've never seen the new board so busy - sadly, it's almost people emptying their figurative bladders.

Surely at some point, 3-1 maybe, every person had a little inward chuckle to themselves about how classically ****ing Arsenal the scenario was.

The summer of dithering and indecision and then the opening day metaphorical fish across the face.

I managed to even spin a mental positive on it as at one point I was convinced we were heading for a 5-1 / 6-1 ending.

SWv2
It was quite marvellous, sw. Gold after gold for team GB.

Makes you proud to be almost British.

Did you see our two rowers. I suggest you seek out their interview after their semi-final win. Jesus christ.

Sir C
08-15-2016, 09:12 AM
Did you see our two rowers. I suggest you seek out their interview after their semi-final win. Jesus christ.

I haven't seen any of it, but I will seek that one out.

Sir C
08-15-2016, 09:16 AM

:clap: :clap: :clap:

That is ****ing genius.

SWv2
08-15-2016, 09:16 AM
I haven't seen any of it, but I will seek that one out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8LeDANQ7UE

SWv2
08-15-2016, 09:19 AM
:clap: :clap: :clap:

That is ****ing genius.

“Close your eyes and pull like a dog”

I imagine the exact same strategy as employed by Sir Steve Redgrave and Matthew Pinsent.

Burney
08-15-2016, 09:19 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G8LeDANQ7UE

:hehe: I think it's fair to say that rowers in Ireland don't come from quite the same social class as in the UK :hehe:

'A bit o' shteak an' shpuds' :hehe:

Burney
08-15-2016, 09:22 AM
“Close your eyes and pull like a dog”

I imagine the exact same strategy as employed by Sir Steve Redgrave and Matthew Pinsent.

I don't suppose you've seen the clear on-screen animosity between Redgrave and John Inverdale? They quite clearly ****ing hate one another. :hehe:

Sir C
08-15-2016, 09:27 AM
:hehe: I think it's fair to say that rowers in Ireland don't come from quite the same social class as in the UK :hehe:

'A bit o' shteak an' shpuds' :hehe:

It's like listening to my family. Honestly. ****ing marvellous.

Pokster
08-15-2016, 09:45 AM
I don't suppose you've seen the clear on-screen animosity between Redgrave and John Inverdale? They quite clearly ****ing hate one another. :hehe:

Does this mean youare now watching the greatest sporting event in the world... have you been turned by all the fantastic sport on offer?

Burney
08-15-2016, 09:50 AM
Does this mean youare now watching the greatest sporting event in the world... have you been turned by all the fantastic sport on offer?

Nope. I've just watched the clips on news websites. What sort of weirdo do you take me for?

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-15-2016, 09:50 AM

I didn't see it. I had better things to do.... like enjoy a beer while relaxing by the Thames. I'm taking full advantage of what remains of the summer.

7sisters
08-15-2016, 09:56 AM

Just how has Inverdale managed to dodge the yew tree bullet. He looks an absolute shoe in tbh.

Burney
08-15-2016, 09:57 AM
Just how has Inverdale managed to dodge the yew tree bullet. He looks an absolute shoe in tbh.

Never mind that. He appears to be an almost complete cretin. Amazing he still has a job, as some of his utterances are positively Partridge-esque.