PDA

View Full Version : Players do not want to join Arsenal

Donald
08-14-2016, 07:18 PM
Uncomfortable but true. The money is there and the club have been making offers for many players but they are just not interested in playing for Arsenal. Thierry Henry said so in the post match discussion and pretty much said thats why we cant get Lacazette. There is something not right about the club at the moment. Arsene looked broken on matchday 1. His days are numbered. It has that smell about it.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-14-2016, 08:43 PM
Lacazette is not what we need. No better than Giroud, probably worse.

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-14-2016, 09:50 PM
His days are numbered. It has that smell about it.

I thought that during the press conference.

He knew all summer we need a CB and a striker. Yet we let in 2 goals with CC/RH at the back and didn't even have a striker on the pitch, let alone the bench to get an equaliser.

Only got himself to blame. Why the **** should people pay £1,500 for a season ticket when we have £200m in the bank and they know from the first 90 mins that it will be a **** season? I gave up a couple of years back. This is now taking the piss.

Brentwood
08-15-2016, 07:38 AM
Uncomfortable but true. The money is there and the club have been making offers for many players but they are just not interested in playing for Arsenal. Thierry Henry said so in the post match discussion and pretty much said thats why we cant get Lacazette. There is something not right about the club at the moment. Arsene looked broken on matchday 1. His days are numbered. It has that smell about it.

I disagree that players don't want to join, but I do think we are too stubborn to meet wage/transfer fee demands sometimes.

In the past few years we have tried and failed to sign Mark Schwarzer and Hangeland from Fulham, Jagielka from Everton, and now Vardy from Leicester. These are all smaller clubs, and we should have been able to get those type of players no problem at all. We consequently went years playing an incompetent keeper, because we couldn't get a 38ish year old guy from Fulham

Kante would have been an upgrade on Coquelin imo, but Chelsea quickly go in and get him, while we fanny around with bids for Mahrez and Vardy

Despite the injury to Per, we needed to upgrade him anyway. Then he got injured, as did Gabriel, and we still didn't have anyone ready for the start of the season. Then it will take at least 4 weeks for the new players (if we sign any) to adapt to our way of playing

I'm far from a moaner as you know, but yesterday I was pissed off with AW. Year after year, we are ill prepared for the start of the season.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-15-2016, 07:47 AM
Lacazette is not what we need. No better than Giroud, probably worse.

How often have you seen him play, Mo?

Mo Britain less Europe
08-15-2016, 08:39 AM
A few times.

Rich
08-15-2016, 08:40 AM
How often have you seen him play, Mo?

His YouTube highlights reel is underwhelming. Reminds me of Chamakh's which was essentially a collection of scuffed shots.

I'd rather have Giroud than Lacazette. Especially at 60mill.