PDA

View Full Version : 4 goals conceded and no proper striker on the pitch, let alone the bench. £200m+ in

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-14-2016, 04:59 PM
in the bank. But we won't buy a CH or a striker. That makes sense.

**** off Septic. **** of Arsene. **** off Scousers.

Thus begins our last season of Wengerball and our last season in the Champions League.

Exiled Gunner
08-14-2016, 05:02 PM
It used to be that "Wengerball" involved quick (and accurate) pinging of the ball around the pitch and (eventually) into goal. Now it's more side to side shuffling before we inevitably lose possession.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-14-2016, 05:03 PM
http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7343049.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/PAY-NFL-owner-Stan-Kroenkes-new-Texas-ranch.jpg

Billy Goat Sverige
08-14-2016, 06:26 PM
http://i3.mirror.co.uk/incoming/article7343049.ece/ALTERNATES/s615b/PAY-NFL-owner-Stan-Kroenkes-new-Texas-ranch.jpg

Keep blaming Kroenke when it's Arsene who refuses to spend the money available to him. Mertesacker was injured 4 weeks ago and we still haven't managed to sign Mustafi. We've already bid for two strikers this summer but Arsene's refusal to pay the going rate is what will stop us from getting one.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-14-2016, 06:37 PM
Keep blaming Kroenke when it's Arsene who refuses to spend the money available to him. Mertesacker was injured 4 weeks ago and we still haven't managed to sign Mustafi. We've already bid for two strikers this summer but Arsene's refusal to pay the going rate is what will stop us from getting one.

We still do not know for sure that the money is available to Wenger. It may look like he is refusing/unwilling/unable to spend but there is also the possibility that the club aren't willing or able to stump up the cash. Only Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Liverpool appear to have spent more than us. That does suggest that we are spending. If clubs like Everton, West Ham and Spurs have net spends greater than ours, that would start to tell us a different story.

7sisters
08-14-2016, 06:42 PM
We still do not know for sure that the money is available to Wenger. It may look like he is refusing/unwilling/unable to spend but there is also the possibility that the club aren't willing or able to stump up the cash. Only Chelsea, Man U, Man City and Liverpool appear to have spent more than us. That does suggest that we are spending. If clubs like Everton, West Ham and Spurs have net spends greater than ours, that would start to tell us a different story.

You need to stop this trail of thought. Sponsorship and broadcasting deals are through the roof, likewise, ticket prices and hospitality packages. The money is there, not perhaps for 50m plus players, I don't think people are expecting that, however, it's within the clubs means to add quality players, who'd be within budget.
The other factor you've missed is that there are several players who could be shipped out, in order to balance the shortfalls.

Billy Goat Sverige
08-14-2016, 06:42 PM

We've bid £30m for Lacazette this summer, £20m for Vardy, signed Xhaka for £30m, are about to sign Mustafi for £25m+. The money is clearly there.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-14-2016, 07:02 PM
You need to stop this trail of thought. Sponsorship and broadcasting deals are through the roof, likewise, ticket prices and hospitality packages. The money is there, not perhaps for 50m plus players, I don't think people are expecting that, however, it's within the clubs means to add quality players, who'd be within budget.
The other factor you've missed is that there are several players who could be shipped out, in order to balance the shortfalls.

As I said, we are the 5th biggest net spenders. The train of thought isn't incorrect. The whole point about not being out spent by the West Hams, Evertons and Spurs of this world was to highlight that we are spending the income we are getting from TV and sponsorship etc. it appears, in line with the proportions that we have acquired those monies. We may have more from this source, who knows? What I am saying is that we do not know how much of the £200M is available for spending.

The point about shipping players out is not as simple as that. If no one wants to buy them or pay the transfer fees or their salaries, we cannot ship them out.

Alberto Balsam Rodriguez
08-14-2016, 07:12 PM
We've bid £30m for Lacazette this summer, £20m for Vardy, signed Xhaka for £30m, are about to sign Mustafi for £25m+. The money is clearly there.

I hope so.... We needed to replace Flamini, Arteta and Rosicky. Iwobi coming through and Granit appear to be that. Add to that the Striker we desperately needed which we have not yet bought. We now need a defender. Do we have enough money for both?