PDA

View Full Version : does anybody know how craigslsit works?

Pat Vegas
08-12-2016, 11:25 AM
:hide:

Loads of postings for vintage guitars but how do I contact the fella?

Burney
08-12-2016, 11:28 AM

No. Because Americans can't pronounce 'Craig' properly, I tune out whenever it's mentioned.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-12-2016, 11:29 AM
You reply to his message?

Beware craigslist is full of thieves, fraudsters and cheats. Part with no money unless you are absolutely sure the thing exists and will be sent to you.

If you look at the short lets section on London Craigslist you will see exactly what I mean. 2 bedroom flats in Mayfair offered for £50 a night and **** like that. Spelling mistakes, blurbs lifted straight from estate agent sites etc. I once wound one of them up, they said I couldn't view the flat as the key was in Stockholm. I offered to send my friend round to pick it up, never heard from them again.

Pat Vegas
08-12-2016, 11:29 AM
No. Because Americans can't pronounce 'Craig' properly, I tune out whenever it's mentioned.

GREAYG? I didn't know people actually used it here.

In Canada they have Kijiji, Which strangely they use in Italy.

Pat Vegas
08-12-2016, 11:31 AM

Beware craigslist is full of thieves, fraudsters and cheats. Part with no money unless you are absolutely sure the thing exists and will be sent to you.

If you look at the short lets section on London Craigslist you will see exactly what I mean. 2 bedroom flats in Mayfair offered for £50 a night and **** like that. Spelling mistakes, blurbs lifted straight from estate agent sites etc. I once wound one of them up, they said I couldn't view the flat as the key was in Stockholm. I offered to send my friend round to pick it up, never heard from them again.
:hehe: I have been ignoring the Reply button at the top.
It's so basic you see.

Burney
08-12-2016, 11:34 AM
GREAYG? I didn't know people actually used it here.

In Canada they have Kijiji, Which strangely they use in Italy.

It's pronounced as it's ****ing spelt, i.e. 'KRAY-G' It certainly isn't 'Kreg'. Dumb ****ing yanqui.

Burney
08-12-2016, 11:35 AM

Isn't it basically a means of getting raped and murdered?

Pat Vegas
08-12-2016, 11:36 AM
Isn't it basically a means of getting raped and murdered?

What if you only want half of that service?

Mo Britain less Europe
08-12-2016, 11:37 AM
Funnily enough there are some real people there and real deals but I suspect at least 80% is dodgy.

Burney
08-12-2016, 11:39 AM

I think it's a package deal.

Mo Britain less Europe
08-12-2016, 11:45 AM
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vac/5692838160.html

Look at this. A 2 bedroom flat on Maddox Street in Mayfair goes for about £2,500,000 and yet this kind soul will let it out to you for £65 a night.

Pat Vegas
08-12-2016, 11:45 AM

There are some amazingly creepy posts on there.

Cash for young lady in exchange for good company and fun. please send pictures and be prepared to have a quick chat on whatsapp to arrange meet up ASAP .

Cash today for young lady (London) hide this posting
compensation: negotiable
employment type: part-time
internship
non-profit organization
telecommuting okay

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

Hi
Are you a female interested in learning how to make good sounding music via the aid of the computer
I can give you daily lessons in my home studio on how to make, reggea, soul/funk, dance etc, Fees of a physical nature can be arranged, Please contact me for furthure details on zero-seven-nine-six-one-nine-four-three-eight-nine-five, my name is Vic, it could be fun and very interesting, please
call or text anytime

1 off offer for a young lad - be open minded and sane hide this posting

© craigslist - Map data © OpenStreetMap
(google map)

compensation: paid possition
employment type: employee's choice

thought I would try this post again as i was let down
this is a man on man punishment situation that I want to try but non sexual I am a straight guy and will explain why and what must happen its a paid opportunity and genuine east london location just the two of us you must be young and fit sexuality totally irrelevant

I will provide full details when you respond with honest description and at least a body picture this is non sexual again I repeat but will involve some nudity
you will be punishing me with a leather paddle which is a borstal style punishment so not a job for a wimp but you must be sane
trust is important

Pat Vegas
08-12-2016, 11:48 AM
http://london.craigslist.co.uk/vac/5692838160.html

Look at this. A 2 bedroom flat on Maddox Street in Mayfair goes for about £2,500,000 and yet this kind soul will let it out to you for £65 a night.

Thanks Mo you've solved my housing conundrum!

Ash
08-12-2016, 12:14 PM

Long long ago a mate was after a telecaster and used to check out the classifieds in Melody Maker and Exchange & Mart. Often you'd get a bloke on the phone saying "er, yeah, that one's gone, mate, but I've got another - slightly different description". We went round to some dodgy flat in Lewisham where there was a room full of guitars and a shifty-looking fence geezer. "Do you want a case with that?" and my mate ended up buying this terrible tatty case too because the alternative seemed to be risking getting away in one piece.

Pat Vegas
08-12-2016, 12:25 PM
Long long ago a mate was after a telecaster and used to check out the classifieds in Melody Maker and Exchange & Mart. Often you'd get a bloke on the phone saying "er, yeah, that one's gone, mate, but I've got another - slightly different description". We went round to some dodgy flat in Lewisham where there was a room full of guitars and a shifty-looking fence geezer. "Do you want a case with that?" and my mate ended up buying this terrible tatty case too because the alternative seemed to be risking getting away in one piece.

:-) The good old days.

For some reason my grandad would bring up loot for me to look at. I'd keep looking around until I found something I wanted usually from the computer games section.