PDA

View Full Version : So we went to Islington Town Hall this morning to register my daughter's birth

Monty92
08-11-2016, 02:31 PM
and found myself forgetting which hospital I was born at, and therefore which borough of London.

When I sugested we take a punt at St Barts, the registrar was disgusted and gave me a big lecture about how important it is to get all details of a birth certificate 100% correct as an error would remain on my daughter's records forever.

She as ****ing Nigerian!!!!!!! :shout:

On another note, popped into BIRD on Holloway Road for for some lunch on the way home. ****ing rank. Anyone had the misfortune?

SWv2
08-11-2016, 02:33 PM
and found myself forgetting which hospital I was born at, and therefore which borough of London.

When I sugested we take a punt at St Barts, the registrar was disgusted and gave me a big lecture about how important it is to get all details of a birth certificate 100% correct as an error would remain on my daughter's records forever.

On another note, popped into BIRD on Holloway Road for for some lunch on the way home. ****ing rank. Anyone had the misfortune?

Congratulations. When did all this occur?

The birth, not the attempted registration which of course happened earlier.

I did enquire earlier this week but you very rudely ignored me, veritable **** that you are.

Burney
08-11-2016, 02:41 PM

It's quite possibly the same registrar who was in attendance at my wedding. Did you stick with Ines, then?

Pat Vegas
08-11-2016, 02:42 PM
It's quite possibly the same registrar who was in attendance at my wedding. Did you stick with Ines, then?

That building seems to be connected to many Awimbers.
I had an aussie lady for mine she was nice.

Monty92
08-11-2016, 02:50 PM

There seemed to be about three weddings taking place at the same time there today. Or at least I saw three women who could conceivably have been brides.

Yes, we did. Or "Aiiiii-neeez" as the Nigerian harridan decided to pronounce it.

Monty92
08-11-2016, 02:51 PM
Congratulations. When did all this occur?

The birth, not the attempted registration which of course happened earlier.

I did enquire earlier this week but you very rudely ignored me, veritable **** that you are.

Three weeks ago today.

Burney
08-11-2016, 02:52 PM
That building seems to be connected to many Awimbers.
I had an aussie lady for mine she was nice.

Yes, she was the main one at mine, too (although I think she's a Kiwi, actually), but there was a Nigerian bird also in attendance who did the writing and blotting paper bit.

Pat Vegas
08-11-2016, 02:53 PM
Three weeks ago today.

Why Islington town hall?

Burney
08-11-2016, 02:54 PM
There seemed to be about three weddings taking place at the same time there today. Or at least I saw three women who could conceivably have been brides.

Yes, we did. Or "Aiiiii-neeez" as the Nigerian harridan decided to pronounce it.

Well because I am nice, I shall simply congratulate you on her safe arrival and refrain from any form of mockery of the wee scrap's name ;-)

SWv2
08-11-2016, 02:56 PM

What sort of ****ing name is Ines.

Monty92
08-11-2016, 02:57 PM
Why Islington town hall?

Has to be registered in the same borough in which they were born

Burney
08-11-2016, 02:59 PM

Don't let's re-open old wounds about young Anus's moniker, sw. :nono:

Monty92
08-11-2016, 03:01 PM

That was basically a marginally less tactful version of my mum's reaction :(

Pat Vegas
08-11-2016, 03:01 PM
Has to be registered in the same borough in which they were born

Whittington?

SWv2
08-11-2016, 03:08 PM
That was basically a marginally less tactful version of my mum's reaction :(

Well I don't mean to sound rude but I have never heard of it before.

Is your Mrs a foreign or is this simply a common name in your big nose circles????

Ash
08-11-2016, 03:14 PM

Agnes in Spanish.

Monty92
08-11-2016, 03:18 PM
Well I don't mean to sound rude but I have never heard of it before.

Is your Mrs a foreign or is this simply a common name in your big nose circles????

It is Spanish in origin, but that's not why we chose it. We just like it - it sounds elegant to our ears.

Pat Vegas
08-11-2016, 03:19 PM
It is Spanish in origin, but that's not why we chose it. We just like it - it sounds elegant to our ears.

Ines Evans.

Sorry that was yesterdays topics.

Ash
08-11-2016, 03:21 PM

Well, that's ok then. As long as you like it it doesn't matter that she'll have the piss taken out of her ruthlessly until her life is basically RUINED. :-(

Hopefully she'll sue.

Burney
08-11-2016, 03:27 PM
Well, that's ok then. As long as you like it it doesn't matter that she'll have the piss taken out of her ruthlessly until her life is basically RUINED. :-(

Hopefully she'll sue.

She might change her name to Sue and then sue.

Pat Vegas
08-11-2016, 03:31 PM

Hopefully she'll sue.

Everyone has a funny name these days so it doesn't matter.
There is a fella in the office called Chipo.

IUFG
08-11-2016, 03:50 PM
there is a contractor who does some work for us and I've emailed him a few times - Teejay.

I always thought he was a foreign from the India sub continent.

He appears in person and it turns out he is named after his father, Terence James, but to avoid confusion they named hims TeeJay.

Thick ****ing ****s.

Pat Vegas
08-11-2016, 03:53 PM
there is a contractor who does some work for us and I've emailed him a few times - Teejay.

I always thought he was a foreign from the India sub continent.

He appears in person and it turns out he is named after his father, Terence James, but to avoid confusion they named hims TeeJay.

Thick ****ing ****s.

:hehe: There was a woman I worked with called. Racheal.
I said to her one day sorry I spelled your name wrong. She said no it's Racheal my dad got it wrong when I was born so I am stuck with it.

IUFG
08-11-2016, 03:55 PM
don't the registrars ever think to say "I'm sorry, you thick ****, but you have spelt this wrong..." ?

Pat Vegas
08-11-2016, 03:57 PM
don't the registrars ever think to say "I'm sorry, you thick ****, but you have spelt this wrong..." ?

Teejay and the registrar.

http://www.islingtontribune.com/sites/all/files/nj_islington/images/reviews/books/books02_2.jpg?1277999836

Burney
08-11-2016, 04:00 PM

That would probably be as racist as if they said 'No, actually, LaQuanda isn't a real name. **** off and come back with something better.'

Burney
08-11-2016, 04:01 PM
:hehe: There was a woman I worked with called. Racheal.
I said to her one day sorry I spelled your name wrong. She said no it's Racheal my dad got it wrong when I was born so I am stuck with it.

Did you not point out to her that she wasn't actually obliged always to spell her name as her thick parents had? My sister was registered as Caroline, but has gone by Carolyn all her life as she prefers it. The only place it matters is on official documents.