PDA

View Full Version : If we really are a 2nd rank club shouldn't we have stayed at Highbury?

Ganpati's Goonerz--AFC's Aboriginal Fertility Cult
08-10-2016, 01:50 PM
If we can't compete with the big boys, we should have just stayed there. The silly telly money means that the extra matchday revenue is an increasingly small percentage of total income.

We'd still be 2nd tier, but maybe we would have had money to keep building on the Invincibles team.

Though given we didn't score enough goals last year and Welbz and Per and now Gabby are out, I fail to believe that we can't find anyone given we're meant to have over 200 mil in cash.

I just think being **** is easier to accept if you have nice art deco stands.

Pat Vegas
08-10-2016, 02:00 PM
If we can't compete with the big boys, we should have just stayed there. The silly telly money means that the extra matchday revenue is an increasingly small percentage of total income.

We'd still be 2nd tier, but maybe we would have had money to keep building on the Invincibles team.

Though given we didn't score enough goals last year and Welbz and Per and now Gabby are out, I fail to believe that we can't find anyone given we're meant to have over 200 mil in cash.

The game was different when we made the plan to move. But it has been frustrating. I wish the club would just shut up about money. One minute Ivan says we can't compete. Then Wenger says money is no problem if the right player comes along :yawn:

IMO if you want a player you go and get him, You don't have to play this waiting or waiting for the right opportunity as it's very hard to control. Though I do feel Ozil was a signing like that but you can't do it everytime.

7sisters
08-10-2016, 04:14 PM
If we can't compete with the big boys, we should have just stayed there. The silly telly money means that the extra matchday revenue is an increasingly small percenhttp://www.awimb.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=4123143tage of total income.

Yes, but we had to move to insure some sort of future alongside the elite. Presumably Levi saw the dangers of being left behind and has now had to move along the same path.
If the PL wants to continue to draw upon these huge levels of sponsorship, its teams must be able to operate in world class stadia
and, at the same time, pull in global fan interest by attracting the worlds best players.
Wenger hasn't quite grasped the last bit..

Mo Britain less Europe
08-10-2016, 05:23 PM
The board had a vision for the future then. They increased the value of the club by their actions and then Kronke bought cheap and sat his fat, stinking arse on it.