PDA

View Full Version : OfficeWimb. Is it ok for someone to wear earphones at their desk whilst they are

Pat Vegas
08-10-2016, 11:31 AM
working? 10 characters.

IUFG
08-10-2016, 11:33 AM
I would have thought it would depend on the type of job they do. In a call-centre? probably not ok.

wearing them usually a non-verbal "**** off and don't talk to me" imo

Pat Vegas
08-10-2016, 11:37 AM
I would have thought it would depend on the type of job they do. In a call-centre? probably not ok.

wearing them usually a non-verbal "**** off and don't talk to me" imo

There is a section of the office where they are a call centre. They have a board on the wall giving stats and they have to be over a certain target.

They fiddle it if it goes to low. All they do is call their phone with their mobile and answer it quickly to get the percentage up.

IUFG
08-10-2016, 11:39 AM
nark them, p.

tell their boss to get an analysis of the incoming calls telephone numbers for the last month :thumbup:

Burney
08-10-2016, 11:42 AM
working? 10 characters.

I do this sometimes even when I'm not listening to anything just as a way of stopping people from bothering me.

Mind you, I can always pretend I'm transcribing an interview or something.

Ash
08-10-2016, 12:11 PM
working? 10 characters.

I used to wear them when doing something requiring intense focus, or to block out something particularly annoying, but as default behaviour it is a little rude, especially if in a role where others might be expected to seek you attention.

Bloke next to me wears them so much someone made him a "Can't hear you" sign with a pair of headphones symbol. Then he can't hear his phone so he turns it up full blast, much to everyone's pleasure. He also wears them while eating, so he can't hear what a noise he's making as he chomps away. :-( Apart from that, he's a lovely fellow.

SWv2
08-10-2016, 12:25 PM
working? 10 characters.

Yes, I do all the time.

All day, every day.

IUFG
08-10-2016, 12:43 PM
bit of the Orb's more laid back stuff? Or some kind of thrash metal?

SWv2
08-10-2016, 12:46 PM
bit of the Orb's more laid back stuff? Or some kind of thrash metal?

Mainly nice and chilled stuff, can’t be dancing around the office after all.

The Orb, Todos Kilchurn Sessions, Nick Warren, K+D.