PDA

View Full Version : Although I would like some more signings I am getting annoyed with all these

Pat Vegas
08-09-2016, 08:03 PM
stories about how we haven't done any business.

They seem to ignore Xhaka. Not cheap!

7sisters
08-09-2016, 08:12 PM
stories about how we haven't done any business.

They seem to ignore Xhaka. Not cheap!

Whilst I'm sure he's a welcome addition, our priorities were meant to be an attacker and a Central defender :shrug:

Just Trent
08-09-2016, 09:04 PM
The Xhaka deal shows that we can set up and pull off a deal for a good player, when there is the intent to do so. He was clearly the main deal planned for this window. Being done behind the scenes for months. Why is the same level of planning and intent not put into a deal for a striker or CB? It always seems as though we are just reacting to events/injuries with these positions.

Four years without getting a really top class striker. Giroud gets injured we have to dash out and get Welbeck. Welbeck gets injured we hastily put together an ill judged move for Vardy. Why weren't we setting up a deal to sign a quality striker this summer, during the last year?

The same with defence. Trying to get by in 2014 and not going for Manolas. Then having to get Gabriel to plug the gap. Now waiting all summer and only showing intent to buy when Per is out.