PDA

View Full Version : Speaking of Brexit will it actually ever happen? or is it like that dentist

Pat Vegas
08-09-2016, 12:54 PM
appointment I keep saying I am going to make?

Ash
08-09-2016, 01:05 PM

Perhaps when Jeremy Corbyn is Prime Minister. :cloud9: He seems to be the only party leader (or candidate for party leader) to be saying both that the Article 50 button should be pressed now, and that there must be no second referendum, for the sake of democracy. His challenger Owen Smith has called for a second referendum. The ****wit in charge of the Lib-notdems has redefined his whole party around reversing the referendum decision, and May is delaying it, ostensibly for techical reasons but I suspect, as you say, she is delaying it forever. Or at least until there is a general election between three parties who all pledge to reverse the decision.

This is why it is so important that Jezza wins the leadership election.

Burney
08-09-2016, 01:13 PM

Yes, it will happen. But it will happen in a way that realigns our relationship with the EU rather than severing it completely. For that to happen, everyone needs time to chill.

Ash
08-09-2016, 01:23 PM
Yes, it will happen. But it will happen in a way that realigns our relationship with the EU rather than severing it completely. For that to happen, everyone needs time to chill.

Brexit-lite.

Burney
08-09-2016, 01:29 PM
Brexit-lite.

It was always going to be that, though. :shrug: Compromise is how things get done - something Comrade Corbyn clearly doesn't understand.

Ash
08-09-2016, 01:36 PM
It was always going to be that, though. :shrug: Compromise is how things get done - something Comrade Corbyn clearly doesn't understand.

Pfft. We didn't compromise with Charles the first.

Burney
08-09-2016, 01:40 PM
Pfft. We didn't compromise with Charles the first.

Well actually, they tried desperately to compromise with him. He just kept ****ing them over until such time as cutting his idiotic head off was the only option left. He was a spectacularly stupid man.

Ash
08-09-2016, 01:50 PM
Well actually, they tried desperately to compromise with him. He just kept ****ing them over until such time as cutting his idiotic head off was the only option left. He was a spectacularly stupid man.

Only language these people understand. Did you see the earlier post, btw, on how the IMF admitted to throwing Greece under a bus to save the EU?

Burney
08-09-2016, 01:57 PM
Only language these people understand. Did you see the earlier post, btw, on how the IMF admitted to throwing Greece under a bus to save the EU?

Yes, but everyone basically knew that, didn't they? Nice of them to admit it, though.

Isn't Lagarde under criminal investigation because of Bernard Tapie at the moment as well? Experts, eh? :hehe: