PDA

View Full Version : This summer we've been treated to the arsene Wenger playlist. We have money, but then

eastgermanautos
08-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Some douchebag from management says we dont. Then it's about finding the right choice. Then it's about how others are overspending; the world's going to hell. Then about how there are no options to fit our needs. Then about how he thinks of retirement; just humor an old man in his transfer dealings! Then about how he personally is frugal, and that this is reflected in his spending on the team.

I said goddamn. Let's overthrow this bureaucratic vampire.

7sisters
08-08-2016, 05:16 PM
Some douchebag from management says we dont. Then it's about finding the right choice. Then it's about how others are overspending; the world's going to hell. Then about how there are no options to fit our needs. Then about how he thinks of retirement; just humor an old man in his transfer dealings! Then about how he personally is frugal, and that this is reflected in his spending on the team.

I said goddamn. Let's overthrow this bureaucratic vampire.

Frugal indeed. Except where his own salary is concerned. He'll not give two ****s either way of course.
He's a brave lad. The vitriol he can expect in the event of a poor start could be ugly, most of which could be avoided if he played the game a bit and appeased his detractors by bringing in a couple of decent signings.

Pat Vegas
08-08-2016, 05:18 PM
Frugal indeed. Except where his own salary is concerned. He'll not give two ****s either way of course.
He's a brave lad. The vitriol he can expect in the event of a poor start could be ugly, most of which could be avoided if he played the game a bit and appeased his detractors by bringing in a couple of decent signings.

He's gonna blow the budget on a big signing I have had a vision.

7sisters
08-08-2016, 05:28 PM
He's gonna blow the budget on a big signing I have had a vision.

It's almost certainly a trolley dash bit of business, as opposed to anything that ticks the box of strategic or long term planning.
Mourinho may be a **** and a top spender of other people's money but I've a grudging respect for a bloke who can declare to the press that 4 players will be coming in, and then goes on to execute that plan.
I've lost count of the times that silly bolloxor some suit on the board have said we'll be bringing in several new players during the summer transfer window.
Let's also not forget we'll have the annual January statement to follow, that it's always more difficult to sign quality during the new year window. :yawn: